-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Reprise: Sing the Blues, April 1 | Tag Jay
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 07:10 AM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

Cassi was...in a weird head space. She'd been the perfect girl friend for the last six weeks. Attentive, caring, doing what was needed and wanted of her. She worked hard to not rock the boat, and honestly? it was very unlike Cassi in her actions, but very Cassi in the fact she was trying so damn hard.

Of course, being that way with Jay was easy. He was in the throes of recording, and planning for his tour. He worked long hours, and so when they were together, she lost herself in music with him. In the music, she was Cassi, she wasn't beautifully broken. In the music, she found succor, and she drank every drop. In the music she found a way to communicate and affirm she loved Jay. She wanted to stay with Jay. She would fight for their relationship.

At least she'd gotten over the whole he was going to leave her bit. Oh, she still thought she would do something to fuck up the relationship - because that was who Cassi was. She'd fucked up every single relationship she'd had at some point or another. Cordelia had proven she could fuck up and come back from it. That was huge for her - but she didn't make a big deal about it. She wanted to make sure that she didn't fuck it up past all hope. She was trying and she was trying exceedingly hard.

She wasn't, honestly, sure how this was going to go.

Jax was getting them tickets to St. Louis. It was her job to talk to Jay, to explain things to Jay about her Dad, about her Mom, about the woman who'd helped her after her Mom died. She would have to tell Jay about the fact she'd hired a detective to find her Dad...and she'd found him. And his family. This was going to be awkward.

She'd taken to knocking on his door. She didn't knock with Jax; he knew she was coming. She hadn't used to knock on Jay's door either, but after Cordelia, it just seemed prudent. What if he wasn't in? What if he wanted alone time? And so...she knocked, prepared to lay out the plan, hoping she hadn't taken actions (again) to upset Jay...

PM
^
Jay Guthrie
 Posted: Feb 14 2017, 08:49 PM
Icarus

240 angst

Eve
418 posts
19 years

Cassi might have been the “perfect” girlfriend recently, but Jay was growing edgy about it. He didn’t want ‘perfect’, he wanted Cassi. And here she was, acting… So very unlike herself. He didn’t complain, but he kept his mouth shut. Things felt precarious enough, he wasn’t going to upset her.

But then, she was right; Jay was busy. Everything was revolving around the upcoming tour. There was a lot to do… One good thing came of it: Cassi came and worked on the music with him. It was their bond, their language, and Jay loved it, and her, all the more for it. Fore the first time since Cassi had known him, Jay wasn’t working on writing more music, more songs. Instead, he was practicing the maneuvers he would need for the concerts, perfecting each one, working on his own and with the band, making sure they were entirely ready. It was work. More work than he had honestly expected. But when he played and sang with Cassi, he relaxed, and he lost himself in it. And more and more, she heard his natural voice come out, the choir instead of what he used around others.

Really, the whole deal with Cordelia was far from Jay’s mind today. Yes, it had been a nasty thing they’d had to deal with, but they had, and they’d moved on. Was Cassi perfect? No. Neither was Jay. Neither was Jax. They were all going to mess up, and they would deal with it each time. For Jay, it was just that simple.

When Cassi knocked, Jay immediately stood and moved to let her in, knocking down a folder of sheet music in the process. Still, the door opened, and Jay gave her a sheepish grin, ”Ya know, Cassi, Ah really don’t mind ya jus’ comin’ on in. S’long as it’s jus’ ya, ya know?” He chuckled, then bent to pick up the papers he’d upset up, putting them back in the folder.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 06:25 PM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

To say Cassi was nervous was to say water was wet. It was apparent in her entire demeanor. Her eyes were cast down, her body language was drawn inward. She wasn't afraid of being good enough for him; she'd come to accept he loved her, and she loved him. She was afraid of screwing up. There was a difference...and today's little bombshell could be a big one. It could screw things up. Jax didn't think it would, but then - he hadn't been willing to talk to Jay. Then again, fair was fair. This was Cassi's baggage, and Cassi's thing. It wasn't Jax's to share. Sure, he knew everything - but then, she never closed her mind to him. He was part of her and she was part of him.

The brunette was wearing normal clothes; her ripped jeans and a shirt that easily slid off of her shoulder. She was barefoot, but then - she had been inside for the past few hours, trying to figure out what to do next with the information that had finally come to her.

She was desperately worried this would screw everything up with Jay; he had a tour to practice for, and he worked hard for that. The times where she came and worked with him were, truthfully, the best parts of her week. When she was up, singing with him, there was no worry about doing something wrong, or singing wrong. She took direction perfectly, listening closely. There wasn't a hint of any arrogance, but rather a very sincere desire to make Jay proud. As of right now, she'd agreed to have their one song as a part of their set list, with the option to not do it on a night to night basis. The band was incredibly supportive, always helping her out when needed, and cheering her on. She was fairly certain there were other things being said, but she didn't care. Singing with Jay was like breathing. It brought her world into technicolor, and she didn't want to do anything to loose that. She'd finally accept that she couldn't imagine a life with out Jay either. Sure, she loved him, but everyone eventually left. Jax was the only one with whom she couldn't see in her life - because they'd been together for four years. Now, in a short six months, Jay had somehow managed to wind his way to that level as well. There was a double jeopardy with this, though. When Jay and Jax had encouraged her to follow her music, it got tangled up with Jay in her head. If she lost Jay, there was a strong possibility she would lose her music as well.

As the door opened, she noticed he knocked music off. Great. She bugged him while he was working. Absently, she started collecting it with her TK; it was increasingly used for the more mundane as her fine motor control became really and truly fine tuned. She was stronger, her power reached farther than it did last September. Sheepishly, she admitted, "I don't want to interrupt your creative process....'m not like Jax who can knock..." She knocked on her head and then smiled faintly and going to hug him tightly.

There was something...off about the hug. Oh, not like Cordelia, but she was actually not hiding that something was bothering her.

Pulling back, she made sure he had everything where it needed to be before curling against his headboard, asking, "Can we talk?" When she realized how that sounded, she rushed to explain, "Oh! Fuck. That sounds bad..no, not like that..not anything serious...well, yeah, it is serious..." She sighed, smiling sheepishly. "Words. I suck at them. " She took a long pause before opening with the bombshell. "I've been looking for my Dad. I, ah, found him. And his family. In Florida. And Jax found my Mom's grave..." She paused to see his reaction.
PM
^
Jay Guthrie
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 01:05 AM
Icarus

240 angst

Eve
418 posts
19 years

Where Cassi was nervous, Jay was fairly relaxed. Of course, the fact that Cassi was nervous wasn’t missed. It wouldn’t be, not by Jay. He just didn’t know why. If she had done something, they’d figure it out. If something was wrong or upsetting her, they’d deal with it. No point in being nervous, but Jay knew that sometimes you got a case of the nerves. Couldn’t be helped, just happened.

Jay was dressed down today; jeans and a band shirt… He’d been out to practice this morning, and he hadn’t bothered to change afterward. His guitar was on its stand; he hadn’t been playing, which she would know because no music had been coming from his room. Yes, he had a tour coming up over the summer, and he was working hard to prepare for it, but it couldn’t be everything he did, either, lest he burn himself out.

Yes, when Jay turned, sometimes he could be clumsy, especially in smaller areas. When Cassi used her telekinesis to pick the papers he knocked over, Jay chuckled a little bit, ”Naw, Cassi… When will ya realize?” he grinned to her, Yer mah ‘creative process’.” Oh sure, Jay could write music without Cassi; he’d done before he met her, after all, but she had become his muse.

It was noticeable that there was something off when he hugged her. So when she pulled away, he let her go, wings shifting behind him when she asked if they could talk. Of course they could talk… Yeah, it sounded pretty bad… Still, he gave a small nod, watching her carefully even after she told him that it wasn’t what it sounded like. He believed her, but he still worried. Whatever it was, he worried it was bad.

And then she explained it. She’d found her father and his family. Jax had found where her mother rested. He looked at her, giving her a smile, ”Well, that’s good news, ain’t it?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 03:43 PM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

The young woman had back slid over the past month. She knew it, and she'd been trying desperately to fix it, to make it better. She struggled to wrap her head around what had happened with Cordelia, and felt a deep dissonance that she was considered in the wrong - even for starting it. Cordelia was a bully, and she'd stood up to the bully - and sure enough, the bully had attack her and her boys. That dissonance had driven her to be better, to act better, and had driven her to find answers. Answers she found alone, and it was that acting alone that she found guilt. After all, when she did things alone, she usually got in trouble unless Jax had approved it before hand.

Now, in this case, Jax wasn't mad at her, but he did make her go talk to Jay - as she should. She couldn't, however, shake that she'd done something wrong, and needed that reassurance that they were okay. Yes, Cassi was feeling insecure - not in his love, not if she deserved him, but if she was still behaving well enough for him. This tour was important, and she would rather kill herself than do anything that would screw it up.

The brunette wasn't the most talkative person on a good day. Yes, she could talk, but she didn't like to, and talking about feelings, well...she sucked at it. It's why she liked Jax. He understood. He told her what to say, and how to feel, and she punched things and life was good. For Cassi, there wasn't anything more emotional than this situation. This was about her parents.

She flushed in pleasure when Jay reminded her that she was his muse, and she responded the way she was most comfortable responding - kissing. Cassi wrapped her arms around her boyfriend and kissed him deeply, pouring all her love, and yes, her worry and guilt into that kiss before climbing onto the bed and sitting against the headboard.

”Well, that’s [i]good news, ain’t it?”[/i]

Cassi looked relieved he wasn't upset at her for looking without telling him. When she looked for something last time without telling anyone, both Jax and Jay had yelled. That worry gone, she rolled her shoulders. "Mom? Yeah....and.....there was this woman....Jax said..." Her words echoed her insecurity. "I want to go to St. Louis...like now...I know you're practicing, but....Jax said I had to talk with you. Yeah, I want you there, unless it'll screw everything up....if I have to wait..I will.....I, ah...I want to see my Mom's grave..." From her words, Jay could infer she'd never seen her mother's resting spot. Nearly a decade, and she hadn't had that knowledge.

"As for Dad? I? ah, don't know. He, ah, is married. With kids." Cassi drew her knees up as she shared that piece. The man who'd abandoned her to the system had moved on, had a family...had a life....what did that say about Cassi?

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0