-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Bewitching the Angels, Feb. 23 | Wanda
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Dec 7 2016, 01:14 AM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

Ryan couldn’t help chuckling. “Yeah, it counts for you wanting to see me like I’m something better than I am,” he said. “Well, I’m not. I’m kind of an asshole. You’ve felt that. And… yeah, I have. I hated letting you down. I hate letting anyone down. I just… don’t know how not to.”

When Wand stepped back off the ledge, Ryan’s eyes went wide and his hands closed tightly around hers, painfully tightly, perhaps, as he prepared to catch her, pull her back up onto the roof… and then she didn’t fall. She floated in the air in front of him, and had a good view for the probably-comical sight of him taking a few moments to process that fact. Only then did his expression relax, did his hands loosen on hers, and did he smile a bit in embarrassment. “Now that’s just patently unfair,” he muttered, remembering that night so many years ago when he’d given up on everything and took that fateful step, only to be met with that rush of free-fall with no way to stop it.

“We can try anything we want,” he said, stepping forward so that his feet were poised to push him off the edge. “We might not always manage it, but what’s the worst that happens if we don’t? We feel a little dumb afterward? I’m more than used to that.” His wings fanned out behind him, blotting out the rooftop behind him to her. “Fly, then,” he said. “I’ll be right behind you.”
PM
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Jan 4 2017, 02:34 AM
Scarlet Witch

199 angst

Kel
309 posts
23 years

“you take too little of yourself.” Wanda frowned slightly, she rather thought she'd muddled that sentence but hopefully he got the gist. “And as your friend-” she stressed the word since he'd made such an issue of them NOT being friends. “It is my job to make you remember that!” She ended firmly.

“Unfair?” Her body glowed in the halo of her power holding her aloft. It felt natural in a way that she'd rarely experienced to feel the wind winding around her skirts, teasing her mass of hair into a dark halo around her face and head.

Feel a ‘little dumb’? She felt more than that but he knew that with out her needing to say it.

Fly?

Wanda blushed as she realized- “I don't exactly know how.” After all this was her first attempt and simply hovering was..well pure instinct.

PM
^
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Jan 14 2017, 12:26 PM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

He took too little of himself. That made Ryan chuckle and shake his head. “Maybe that makes up for how much I take from everyone else,” he said. “I’m pretty sure that’s how it goes… I’m a taker. I take from everyone around me, drain everyone dry, and then take more.” That was how his mother had put it the last time he’d been home, that was what kept him from being able to go back again just yet. He knew he should, he knew that he’d earned every jab at him that she’d made, but he supposed that that was where he was a coward. He smirked when she called him on the ‘unfair.’ “Sure. Here you are, with someone to catch you, but when you jump you don’t fall,” he said, smirking a little. He didn’t seem serious, naturally.

Ryan looked her over as she floated there, and not for the first time reflected on what she was wearing. “Aren’t you cold?” he asked with a little chuckle as he shrugged out of his jacket. “I don’t know just how well I can tell you how. It’s not like you have wings, you know.” He offered her the jacket, not wanting to carry her back with her exposed to the elements… and when he’d tried to share the jacket on the way here, she’d ended up bailing out of it. “But if you’ll let me carry you again, I can tell you what might help you?”
PM
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Jan 18 2017, 01:56 AM
Scarlet Witch

199 angst

Kel
309 posts
23 years

She really felt like slapping him. He was being stupid and self deprecating and it was silly! He was like one of the littles she used to babysit when he'd been scolded.

Huffing Wanda flicked his nose with her thumb and forefinger “Stop! You are being silly!” Her English failed her as she resisted the urge to shake him. “You do not drain. You make stupid choices but you are not meaning to be harmful!”

The halo around her flared as she struggled with the his language. Her mouth tightened more as he admitted as much to jumping himself when there had been no one to catch him.

Wanda gave into the urge and instead of slapping him she hugged him; fiercely, tightly, “You are a silly man Ryan but a good one.” She breathed out squeezing him tighter before releasing him. “No.” She answered at last, “I am not?” She didn't sound sure as she blinked realizing that the chill winter air wasn't reaching her. It was still effecting her but the cold didn't seem to be getting through the red aura.

Of course the moment he pointed it out she shivered suddenly a blast making its way though as her mind attempted to make sense of her mutation.

Wanda shrugged on the offered jacket nodding in agreement to his offer. “Alrighty.”
PM
^
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 03:15 AM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

Ryan had to laugh a little, though he didn’t quite sound amused, when she huffed at him. “You aren’t the holder of all grievances against me, and a lot of them wouldn’t agree with you,” he admitted, “That’s what my family thinks, at least as spoken by our Mighty Matriarch. There are reasons I don’t go home much. Meaning to be hurtful doesn’t change the fact that I am.” It was sad, but it was true. He hadn’t thought about what his disappearing would do to anyone when he’d left… mostly because when he’d done it, he hadn’t expected to come home again. When he had… well, then he had to suffer the consequences for all of his stupid coping mechanisms. And now… well, now Wanda was seeing what was under the surface of the carefree ladies’ man, which was in itself odd. What was it about Wanda that actually got him to talk about this? He had no idea, but when she hugged him, he hugged her back tightly, somehow needing that in that moment. “I’m a man,” he sighed, chuckling a little. “I think by definition we have to be silly, by comparison at least.”

Looking her over, with his power in play, Ryan didn’t think that the cold was hurting her… at least not yet. Did he want to test this? No, no he did not. So he was going to get her back to the apartment as fast as he could, and that was that. All in all, this wasn’t a bad night… they were now officially 50/50 for times that her power rolled him and fucked with his mind and times that it didn’t… well, there was that little incident earlier where it did exactly that, but he was just going to let that one go for now.

He let her get a good grip around his neck, taking a similarly tight hold of her waist, then he fell forward into a gentle dive, taking a shallow swoop under roof level as he started angling them back toward Queens. “I suppose you could just make the air currents do what you wanted them to if you were flying,” Ryan remarked as he flapped his wings to find a more accommodating current to fly back through.

Kel
PM
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 05:56 AM
Scarlet Witch

199 angst

Kel
309 posts
23 years

“I am not the sole holder of anything.” It should have come out teasingly, unfortunately all that she could manage was sad truth.

“Oh Ryan…” Wanda never met or knew her real mother but the woman who'd raised her in that dream world..she'd never do this to her son. Slim arms slipped around him for the untold time that night, hugging him tightly to her. “Hurt fades, and one day love conquers.”

She chuckled wetly “Men. You're right they are always getting into trouble, causing no end of mischief…” Wanda kissed his cheek, “what would I do without them? Without you?” She could almost feel something splitting deep in her heart, her feelings shifting from unrequited romantic love to something closer to deep friendship, something she very desperately needed.

Letting him take her out into the air Wanda listened to his ideas. “I'm not a weather witch…?” She wasn't arguing just trying to feel out her power as he winged them to the apartments.
PM
^
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Mar 5 2017, 03:07 PM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

She wasn’t the sole holder of anything… it really was sad. Whether or not he’d meant to hurt her, whether or not he’d been putting distance between them for the sake of not further hurting her, Ryan did feel terrible about the outcome, about the rejection that she’d had to endure. In the end, he found himself reaching for her to hug her as she pressed closer to him to hug him… which, really, worked. Love conquers… well, he certainly hoped so. It felt like things were healing in his life, but one of the things that hadn’t yet healed was his family.

Ryan could have put in some very witty comment about the trouble women caused, too, but that wouldn’t sound very real after his own joke about men, now, would it? He also couldn’t make quite the off-color joke that he might have otherwise with any of his other female friends, ex-lovers or not. “Be much less conflicted?” he suggested, in the end, as an answer to her question. Oddly, this was nice. When the endless questions and misgivings were finally put aside, spending time with Wanda was pleasant, which explained how they’d had their first night together… well, that and catastrophic power interactions, but who was keeping track?

He shrugged off her ‘weather witch’ comment as he banked over the city, angling them back toward Queens. “No, you’re a chaos witch,” he said. “You make everything turn up your way… well, sort of. So why not make the air currents work for you? Or, at least, why not make them stop working against you?”

Kel
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0