-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Stacatto Forte, Feb 24 | Tag Joelle
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Sep 21 2016, 02:11 PM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

Cassi was not what you'd call a people person.

She was, however, an X-Men, and part of that meant, supposedly, that she was supposed to help the kids. This seemed like a very, VERY bad idea to Cassi. The last time she tried to help one of the kids, the kid managed to push every goddamn button she had until she slammed her into a wall. She hadn't been kicked out for that incident, but yes - it had soured Cassi on the thought of helping anyone who wasn't A> sleeping with her or B> saved her life or C> Jax told her to help. Well, or Jay. She loved Jay. Jay was awesome, and Jay had joined up with the X-Men for Jax and Cassi. She knew that - they both knew that, and she loved him a little more for that fact.

But! Sam had asked her (or was it punished her) with working out with one of the Gutheries. She'd met Joelle back at Christmas, but honestly? Christmas had been covered nicely in the haze of pain killers. Vicodin was her friend! She remember the kid made her smile in that she was the exact opposite of Mary Sunshine, and that was just fine with Cassi. She looked more like Cassi with the leather and ripped jeans ,but she also remembered she was on her phone constantly. It was, quite honestly, annoying.

So, Cassi didn't know if Sam was trying to reach out (Look! A freak like you!) or punish her (Look! A freak like you!) but either way, Sam had given the....request phrased as an order, and she was going to pull her weight. She was going to prove she should be an X-Men and so she was going to try and work with the young woman.

Cassi knew Joelle blew things up. Okay. She'd review her powers (Thanks Danger Room) and knew she blew things up...well. In Cassi's mind, Alex should have been the one helping, but hey! maybe if they did an exchange program again, The Academy could take Joelle to work with Alex and Cassi could take Keller. TK for the win! But that wasn't happening now - so Cassi had to figure out what to do.

Fine Motor Control.

Any power with large booms means fine booms are hard. So. Cassi set things (practice dummys / targets) up for Joelle to practice fine control.

Now all she needed was the girl...
PM
^
Joelle Guthrie
 Posted: Sep 24 2016, 01:21 PM
Negasonic Teenage Warhead

63 angst

Arjay
59 posts
15 years

Fucking lame.

Somehow, when she’d come to New York, she had this idea that she was going to be spending time with her oldest brother, who really hadn’t been around anything resembling ‘consistently’ or ‘much since she was in early grade school. Everyone said stuff about how her power reminded them of Sam’s… well, sort of reminded them of Sam’s. She was closer to his than any of her other brothers and sisters, at least (leading to a lot of rumors among their family’s detractors in town that at least she had the same father as Sam), although they didn’t seem to work the same way. It kind of made sense in Joelleland that when she came to school here, her brother would help her learn to be a big awesome flying projectile of doom like him… y’know, as if that was cool or something. Which it totally wasn’t, but hey, it was something to learn, right?

Sam, however, seemed to have better things to do, because she’d been saddled with her other big brother’s girlfriend. It could be worse, she guessed. Cassi was at least cool (even if she liked Jay’s music). Well, she thought she was, at least, it’d been hard to figure out over Christmas, since she’d been all doped up on painkillers, but hey! She’d survived getting plowed down by a big car, so that was pretty cool on its own, in kind of a no-attention-to-detail dumb-luck way. She apparently liked to get into scraps and wreck shit, too, which was kind of up Joelle’s alley. If a problem could be solved by breaking a lot of stuff, why not do it, right? So Joelle figured that if she wasn’t going to earn her Almighty Eldest Sibling’s attention, this was probably about as good as it was going to get.

QUOTE (@NegasonicTW)
About to get locked up in a bunker to blow shit up and test this place’s structural integrity.  #MutantsAreWMDs

This time, she expected to lose her cell phone service once she got into the Danger Room, so she left it in the pocket of her jacket, which she kept on, really not wanting to take it off just yet. Yeah, the uniforms were full-body covering, but for fuck’s sake, they were pretty form fitting, and while Joelle’s body was definitely classified on the ‘not bad’ side, showing that off had only ever really gotten her retarded laughs from the mouth-breathing boys in her class. Oh, and it was also more than half yellow, for crying out loud, which was just super lame. Yeah, she could totally rock it, it’s not like she wasn’t absolutely that awesome, but who wanted to? She looked around to see what was in store for her, and saw a lot of… manequins or something, along with a few other things, probably for blowing up. Well, at least she was being asked to play to her strengths, right? So she came into the Danger Room, deciding that she’d at least be pleasant.

“Hey,” she said, looking around with a disinterested look.
PM
^
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Oct 7 2016, 06:46 AM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

God, she hoped Joelle wouldn't give her any issues.

She knew Joelle was rough around the edges and a big part of her wondered if that was why Sam had asked her work with his sister. Cassi wasn't afraid of much - but fucking up kids? One of her biggest fears. Not as big as losing Jax? But pretty much in the top five. Fucking up her boyfriend's sister? Yeah...concern. Worry. Yadda yadda.

But she did love blowing things up.

Cassi was not wearing the X-Men uniform. She hadn't quite gotten into the mind frame of "Uniforms." Uniforms were, in her mind, used each time she got thrown into Juvie. Oh, she didn't mind the uniform, but she just never thought to put it on..and certainly not in the danger room. After all, she'd learn to use her powers without a uniform, and really - you didn't wear your under your clothes. So, Cassi was wearing her normal ripped jeans, black tank top and combat boots. She'd started growing her hair out, to the hair was pulled from her face with a clip.

Her tattoos were clearly visible.

When Joelle walked in, Cassi internally reminded herself "Be good. Be nice. Don't be a bitch. Don't be a bitch.."

Of course, Joelle stunning enthusiasm was hard to counter.

She nodded back. "Hey. No shit, but I'm Cassi. I'm a telekinetic. Mainly I throw people into walls, but I can also cause enough concussive force to blow shit up..." To demonstrate (okay...to try and get any sort of reaction from the girl what so ever), Cassi turned and let loose her strongest concussive blast, obliterating the target.

Turning back, she heh'd. "Now...THAT is fun..but that isn't the goal today. That's the cookie..well, zombies. With whomever's face you want on them, blowing them up...that's the cookie. The skill? Sam wants us to work on fine motor control. NOT blowing up the dummies, but parts... Like this..."

Cassi turned and demonstrated. She focused on one of the dummies, and made a motion with her hand, a swipe. Did she need to? Absolutely not. Did it make her look cooler? Absolutely. The end result was fun; she ripped off the arm of the other dummy. Easily. And then Cassi thought...well, that could be a new, fun thing to do. Personally, she wanted to keep working on strangling people with TK, but that probably wasn't something she should advertise.

Turning back, she said, "So. Think you can NOT destroy shit with your powers? Work on the fine motor control? Any questions?"

Yeah..Cassi was such a good teacher.

Sarcasm intended.
PM
^
Joelle Guthrie
 Posted: Oct 14 2016, 01:53 AM

63 angst

Arjay
59 posts
15 years

“Yeah, I remember you. Christmas,” Joelle said. “You were kind of doing that ‘strung out on opiates’ thing then, though.” Which, of course, meant that she understood Cassi not really remembering her, because… why would she? That was the only time you really needed to re-introduce yourself to someone. Wait, did she need to re-introduce herself, too? Nothing was more lame than making it look like you forgot something that you totally did not. Then again, wouldn’t the school have given her a file telling her who Joelle was? Yeah, they probably had. All she’d do introducing herself was make it look like she thought Cassi couldn’t read a student file, which… lame.

Okay, so they had the standard ‘I understand you’ demonstration. To be fair, it was an effective demonstration, that target wasn’t going to be getting back up any time soon. “Sweet,” Joelle said, her expression not changing an iota. Of course, Joelle could have demolished it harder, but Cassi was kind of cool, so she didn’t need to point that out yet. It would probably come up, but bringing it up? Bragging. And bragging was lame.

When the conversation shifted toward zombies, though, Joelle turned toward Cassi, raising an eyebrow. She could have been interested, she could have been skeptical, it was hard to tell. Zombies… that she could make look like anyone? “You have my attention,” she said, studying Cassi again. “Can it scan in appearances from, like, yearbooks or something? Because I can get some of my yearbooks. I don’t know if you can make a zombie look real from a body that ugly, though, they already kind of look like zombies… Can the program put in strung-out redneck survivalists, too? Because I know some faces that even a mother could kill.” She paused, realizing just how much enthusiasm she was putting out there at the idea, then let her face slide back into its calm, disinterested state. “I mean, if we were going to do that,” she added, trying to save face. Zombies were lame, after all.

After all… her brother apparently wanted her to work on fine motor control? The hell was that supposed to mean? Everyone did realize that she was being criticized on how well she could focus by a guy who literally crashed into things to attack them, right? She watched Cassi blow the arm off the dummy, frowning as she was asked to do the same. She could take the dummy out, of course. She could take three of them out without blinking. It’s arm though? Shit, how was she supposed to do that? Joelle frowned, focusing her blast field down, letting it gather in from all around her to focus just on the quadrant right in front of her. She aimed, cracked her knuckles, then punched the air in front of her (again, not necessary, but it made it look badass), the blast of orange energy shooting out, taking off the arm of the dummy, all right. Unfortunately, it also took out the dummy next to it, and the one next to that one, reducing them to splinters as easily as a stiff breeze blew away a clump of dust.

Undaunted, she turned to Cassi. “How was that?”
PM
^
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Oct 19 2016, 06:39 AM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

Well, so far, so good. The kid didn't seem to want to kill her, and seemed disinterested, but she understood that look. She understood that attitude, and a part of her smiled. Widely. On the inside. Smiling on the outside would be lame.

She wondered if Sam would let her take his baby sister into the city. Oh, the trouble she was sure they could get into....

Working with Joelle was like, she imagined, working with her at that age. At least she was disinterested, and not openly hostile, like Layla. It was a miracle! An X-Student that didn't want to immediately throw into the wall! Would Miracles never cease! "Yeah. Being hit by a car does that...requires the good drugs....but I am drug free now, so....Welcome to Xavier's, yadda yadda...I didn't go here as a student, so I'm sure you know more than I do....This is the danger room. It's bitchin'. It is, in fact, my favorite place in the school. I can blow shit up endlessly, and no one seems to mind..." The fact that she knew how to program was bonus. Endless fun and excitement. And Zombies. You can't forget zombies.

So, she had to give her demonstration. She didn't want to show off too much. She did, and Joelle would completely tune out. Think she was being a braggart - and braggart were annoying as fuck. But she had to do something to get her attention....so she tried her best. And her best seemed to work. Go Cassi!

Apparently Zombies and texting were the ways to Joelle's heart.

Cassi's smile turned a tad more...predatory when Joelle asked about scanning faces. "Oh, yeah. I have tons of different variations. When I started, I downloaded mug shots from all the assholes and douchebags from my old school. There were a bunch that gave Jax'n I hell. It felt....good to blow them to smitherines..." Unlike Joelle, Cassi didn't bother hiding how interested she was in zombies, or making zombies look like assholes who hurt her. She took great pleasure in hurting zombies, and honestly? Pleasure in hurting living assholes - but that was another story, another thing to deal with. Joelle liked zombies? She could give her zombies. She smirked, adding "I'll even program for family - but not Mellie or Jay....Mellie is too...sunshine and rainbows to be a zombie and Jay? Well...I can make him into a monster, but not a zombie.." No, Cassi didn't want to see the man she was sleeping with rotting....

Jay as an antagonist might be interesting, though....

When she watched Joelle blow the arm off of the dummy, she tried to ignore the small surge of pride. After all, she might be Jay's little sister, but she was still Not People. However. "ThAT....that was badass..." She grinned, refusing to outwardly admit she understood why Sam gave her Joelle to work with. After all, when she first started her TK, it was very, very blow shit up. Now? Now she could undo Jay's zipper from across the room.

Somehow, she didn't think Sam would approve of finding Joelle a guy to get laid to practice fine control would work....

But she had an idea.

"I want to see you try something....humor me..." Cassi moved over to the side of the wall and moved one of the dummies. Handcuffs were produced from God Knows Where and the dummy became shackled to the wall. "See if you can blow the handcuffs either off, or apart without taking the arm off...."

Oh yes, if she could? She's make a veritable yearbook army of the damned for Jay's baby sister...
PM
^
Joelle Guthrie
 Posted: Oct 24 2016, 04:18 AM

63 angst

Arjay
59 posts
15 years

This seemed to be going all right so far. Jay’s girl was… well, a little too into this, maybe, but at least it was smashing shit up that she was into, and she didn’t have that annoying ‘oh, this is so fun, you should totally be into it too’ tendency that some people got with her. Oh, and she didn’t get on her to be excited about it. That always mad her want to blow a hole in a wall, when a teacher decided to be all grins and tell her to smile!!! If she wanted to be chill, that was her goddamned right.

So yeah, working with Cassi wouldn’t be lame, she decided. She didn’t seem to actually understand how her power worked like Sam would, but there was probably some kind of weird learning curve that went on with this stuff on both sides of the instructing.

“So you care when people care if you blow stuff up?”
Joelle asked, raising an eyebrow. Yes, now she was messing with Cassi a little. So what. It’s not like they were hugging or anything, she wasn’t going soft.

So apparently she could help her program some therapeutic zombie-smashing shit. Joelle nodded easily, nonchalantly expressing her lack of opposition to the zombies. “I’m supposed to try this… orc-slaying program my sister had on here to play Lord Of The Rings barbarian princess or something,” she said. Then, as another thought came to her, she added, “Paige. Not Mel. Mel’s program would be all… Barbie dress-up and shopping sprees or something.”

Joelle had honestly expected to get talked down to after she blew up the extra dummies, but thankfully hadn’t. She couldn’t help grinning, for a moment at least, when she was told that it was badass. It was badass, wasn’t it? Then… oh hell, she wanted her to do what? Yes, Joelle was now certain that any stories about how her power worked had not been shared in detail with Cassi, because this test… this was very much not something she was up to. When her power had manifested, she could make shockwaves that blasted out from her in a circle. It had taken great effort to tighten that down to a ninety degree arc, and the blast that the field gave off had gotten stronger from all that force focusing in. She looked at where the dummy hung from the shackle, looked at the chain, and sure, if she had a laser power, she could have done it, but she didn’t. Still… She powered up her field, which shimmered around her in an orange globe. She focused it in, the field growing brighter as it slid in, exposing her back, narrowing down to a smaller field, a quarter of its original size, right in front of her. She tried, pushing hard to focus it further, arms spread in front of her like she was trying to push it closed and, little by little, it started narrowing in. She tried to focus it down vertically too, but it wouldn’t even budge in that direction, so she just kept it up. She could feel the energy focusing in, building tighter than she could even comprehend as she squeezed the field tighter, until it was a blindingly bright six-inch strip of energy right in front of her…. And then she lost it. The energy blew out from her, crashing through the wall that was in front of her, taking out the shackle… and the hand hanging down below it. The devastation went far past the wall, fanning out, for maybe fifty feet before the rubble was just piled up and the rest of the earth was undisturbed.

“So… I guess that’s a no,”
Joelle said, shrugging, doing her best to hide her disappointment.
PM
^
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Oct 27 2016, 07:42 PM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

This seemed to be going all right, so far. Jay's little sister was...a little too laid back, but Cassi got it. Don't show what you care about. That gave people insight. That's never cool. Keep your cards close to your chest; easier that way - to assess the other person, and to keep yourself "safe". Working with Joelle wouldn't suck, Cassi decided. She obviously needed to figure out how her power worked a little more than she did. She was thinking of Joelle's power like TK - which is wasn't.

Cassi was thinking, ruminating over all of this when Joelle asked about caring about blowing shit up. Without thinking, Cassi answered honestly, "No, not really. I mean, sure, I care if I blow up a wall and kids get hurt..people should get their panties in a twist when I do that, but..." She shrugged. The dichotomy with the young woman is she professed to not care what others thought - and that was true. To a point. She cared what some people thought...And that's about where she figured Joelle was fucking with her. She smirked, and added, "Of course, if I'm blowing shit up, then someone's fucked something up..." Cassi was really, really good at blowing shit up. And she was cursing. When she was supposed to be teaching.

Fuck.

Cassi listened with interested with the word Orc-Slaying. She loved beating things up...but her nose wrinkled at the Princess bit. "Some how, I can't see you in Princess garb..." Cassi would be caught dead before looking like a fucking princess. And yes. Oh, yes. Joelle was write about Mellie."Oh my God, yes. That girl can shop" And now that she was modelling? A whole new world of clothes that Cassi gets invited into. Yippee! Her idea of a good time! Not. Never.

But they were moving on - and Cassi was going to try and help Joelle with her power. Like Sam asked. Fine motor control. Right.

She gave her instructions, and then watched as Joelle tried...oh, she tried so damn hard. It should have, in Cassi World ™, worked. She should have been able to focus down her beam, but she hadn't. Frowning slightly, Cassi admitted "Okay..maybe I don't understand your power well enough. I know I'm thinking of it a lot more like an explody TK that it apparently is. Concussive blasts. Do you know what range you can do? Like..what's the smallest sliver you can do?" Cassi frowned, trying to think like a Concussive blast person. "With my TK, I can hurl energy to knock people into walls..it's like a huge push....which is along the same line as you. What's the biggest, what's the smallest, and what's the range?"

It was obvious she wasn't upset at Joelle, but was rather trying to figure out how to help Joelle. After all, Cassi had taught herself everything she knew. How hard could it be?
PM
^
Joelle Guthrie
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 06:42 PM

63 angst

Arjay
59 posts
15 years

Joelle shrugged, somehow smirking without actually smirking. “Sometimes things just need to be blown up,” she said sagely. “There’s no day like a day where you get to watch something at least as big as a tractor go sailing through the air.” Ah, that was a good day… And still, it wasn’t quite as satisfying when the thing she was blowing up was fake. Maybe with time, they’d actually go wreck some real stuff, that would be awesome…

Or, at least, it’d be much less lame. That was a lot more accurate, yeah.

“You can’t make a barbarian princess dress like a princess. She’ll cave your fucking skull in,” Joelle said boredly. “My family’s got enough princesses already. They don't need me trying to be one.” Yes, that included Melody, in a much more tolerable sense than it included Izzy. Maybe Jeb, she supposed, just to piss him off…

She sighed as the questions about her power came in. She hated situations where she had to actually do more than act vaguely disinterested, but this was going to help, so…

“It’s kind of like Sam’s power. Or that’s what everyone tells me, at least, sort of like his power. I don’t know. He’s never, like, sat down with me about it or anything, it's not like I've ever really seen him use it much.” Words weren’t working, and she was coming dangerously close to griping about her brother like she cared about his approval or something. Granted, she was pretty quick to point out how her power was so close to that of the brother she supposedly didn't care about, but that wasn't important, right? Nope, this wasn't time for words, this was practical demonstration time. Setting her feet in the ground, Joelle punched her fist into her other hand, and her blast field flared up around her, a shimmery, fiery orange sphere. “It wants to cover all of me. When it does, anything within a yard of me is going to get pulverized. Anything past that… might get blasted over by the shockwave from it. Air being displaced, flying debris, that sort of shit. I can focus it down.” She concentrated, letting the field start to open up from a sphere to a half-sphere, the distance from her increasing as the field opened until it had extended from about three feet across to six feet. “It blasts farther, like full force blasts farther, the narrower I get it. Usually…” As the field reached a quarter sphere, it slowed its narrowing, then stopped. “Usually this is about as thin as I can make it. That one I just blasted there?” She pointed at the narrow blast she’d blown through the wall, “I’ve never done that before. That… it didn’t hurt, but it felt like it could have, I guess? It got to a point where I tried to push it thinner and it just snapped, like… too much energy to push into one place, I guess?” She shrugged, letting go of her focus and letting the field snap back to the full sphere, covering her from a foot and a half away on each side. “Oh, and this is kind of a… force field like this, I guess. Don’t get to use that much.”
PM
^
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 07:49 PM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

Cassi liked Melody. They were Tigger and Eyore as friends. Mel was sunshine and rainbows and Cassi was....doom and gloom. Mel was love; Cassi was hate. In every story written, Melody and Cassi should not have been friends- but they were. Now Joelle? Cassi was finding she liked and she understood Joelle. She knew she should be talking a little less rough as a teaching figure, but the nineteen year old was finding she honestly didn't give a fuck. This was turning out to be fun. Joelle was someone who spoke the same language as the nineteen year old, and that language was blowing shit up.

Cassi listened to the other young woman talk about her power. Yeah, it was supposedly like Sam's - but all Cassi knew about Sam was that he flew, and he flew badly. Yeah, he had some sort of shield. Yay. That wasn't going to help Joelle with her powers.

Okay. So, her power was like Cassi's power in that there was a concussive blast associated with it. It was like Cassi's power in that it could shield her. It was like Cassi's power in that fine control? Not really something that was going to happen over night.

Cassi shook her her head, thinking out loud. "What was Sam thinking? I mean...you power won't do fine blasts...not..." She stopped, looking a tad bit embarrassed. "Sorry. I am just trying to wrap my head around what Sam asked me to do and your actual power set. If you smallest beam is what you showed me....I guess we work on that...but...can I try something? I want to see something..." Cassi had an idea of something else to work on with Joelle...a way to use her power as a force shield, but she needed to see the area of the shield (was it just in front, like she thought), could the girl move it, and / or could energy pass through it. Did her shield eat the energy or something else.

She waited until Joelle gave the go ahead and then she told the younger girl, "Pull up your energy disk. I want you to block...." Once she was sure that Joelle understood was was being asked, Cassi started throwing things at her, slowly. She started small...a small concussive blast. Enough to move her backwards, like being shoved lightly. Then she moved to physical items - seeing how big Joelle could block before Cassi had to fling the object away from Joelle, lest Joelle get hurt.

If nothing else, Cassi would record the limits of her shielding potential.

"Can you move it to someone else? Like me?"
PM
^
Joelle Guthrie
 Posted: Nov 24 2016, 01:17 AM

63 angst

Arjay
59 posts
15 years

“That he has better things to do,” Joelle answered without a beat. What was Sam thinking? That was always going to be an easy one. When Cassi asked if she could try something, Joelle just shrugged and nodded. Anything was worth a try, right? She wasn’t going anywhere, and maybe they’d get to blow some more shit up. Cassi only got so far as ‘I want you to block’ when Joelle figured out that, oh shit, stuff was about to come flying at her. The blast field flared into being around her, an orb of glowing kinetic (though she didn’t know that part) energy, just in time to block the concussive blast. As a physical attack, she was able to deflect it, though it wasn’t quite obvious where the energy went. The objects were a bit more explanatory. Everything that was thrown bounced away from the field, about a foot or two away from Joelle, like it was rubber, and the field glowed brighter on the area of impact. The size of the objects didn’t seem to make much of a difference, although once it got to be about the size of a couch, the impact would send her skidding back as well as bouncing the object off of the field. She had to re-start the field a couple times a minute regardless of how much impact the shield took, but aside from that, it seemed pretty solid… aside from skidding her backwards.

“No, it’s just… me,” Joelle said, focusing, not wanting to screw this up, not wanting to let anything hit her and make her look lame… you know, such as the skidding backwards, that wasn’t lame at all. Watching another couch-sized object come flying at her, Joelle gritted her teeth, watching the impact spot, focusing, not about to let the thing send her skidding back again. She braced herself for the point of impact, and that impact came… and an explosive blast sent the projectile careening away again. Joelle stood watching it as it cartwheeled off to the side, blinked a couple times, and did her best to not show that no, she hadn’t known that would work.

“Does… this thing record what we’re doing?” she asked? Oh, she’d love to tweet a video of that one… as an example of how lame this all was, of course. Right, that was it. She turned her attention back to Cassi, totally not wanting to impress the girl. “That it? Or do we have more?”
PM
^
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Nov 30 2016, 11:58 AM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

Once Cassi got over the what the hell am I doing, and started putting her head in the game, it could be seen by an outsider why Cassi had been brought in. The two were similiar in temperaments. Similar in temperaments, but not so the same that they'd mix oil and water. No, Cassi understood Joelle. She understood her boredom, her wanting to look cool and she understood the tough girl fascade. Their big difference was Cassi hid behind a veneer of go fuck off, and Joelle tweeted about everything to create a facade of I don't give a shit. The pair, together on the town, would probably destroy it.

The brunette didn't even bother trying to deny Joelle's comment regarding her brother. She had no frame of reference for siblings. Even Jax was a single child, so that relationship couldn't help her. All she offered was, "Well, I'm a shit ton more destructive than he is, and I dress better, so..." Shrugging, she offered the younger girl a smile.

And away they went, working on her shields. Cassi loved her shield, knew how important her shield was. She was throwing objects at her in an effort to see her limits. Limit one: shield was just her. Limit two: Strength. That was an easy one to fix. More destruction. Limit three: weight.

Pausing for just a moment, Cassi warned her, "Weight seems to be an issue. Let's see where that breaking point is....." She didn't bother telling her Don't Worry because, well, she was the teacher, right? That meant she had to keep her safe - and not baby her. Because babying would be lame, right? And so, Cassi started throwing things at her. The items started small enough - a baseball. They escalated in weight - a shot put. Cassi made sure the velocity stayed the same, so weight was the only factor. She went up and up and up until she found the breaking point for Joelle. She, of course, made sure the object didn't hit the girl. That would be uncool.

And then Joelle blew the couch back...which was supremely cool!

"That was awesome!!! Do it again! Think like you're....mmm...pushing it back at me. HAH! Volleyball with shields!!!" She took the volleyball - a literal volleyball, and sent it at Joelle's shield, smashing it. When Joelle sent it back, she countered with her shield, bouncing it back to the younger girl. This time, she ramped the velocity, making it go faster and faster until Joelle's shield broke.

"You've got to admit.....that is super cool! Oh! Wait!!!!"

And without further thought, Cassi leap towards the girl, using her TK to push off like a super leap. She hoped the girl acted instinctively and blew her back....even if it hurt, she'd catch herself....but if she didn't, she'd stop herself from crashing into Joelle with her own powers.
PM
^
Joelle Guthrie
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:39 AM

63 angst

Arjay
59 posts
15 years

Joelle surveyed Cassi’s clothes, then shrugged. “He couldn’t pull off those pants,” she agreed fairly noncommittally. How destructive was Sam? That was an interesting question. She’d heard a lot about his power, but she’d never seen him in action, which felt a little wrong. She wasn’t about to let Cassi in on that, though, that just felt a little embarrassing. He was her brother, she was supposed to know what was up with him, right?

Joelle took exception to this idea that weight seemed to be an issue that needed solving. Hey, when a sofa came flying at you like that, you were supposed to be knocked over, probably thrown back across the room, not just skidding back a foot. “Well, I could eat more hamburgers. Inertia’s my friend, I guess,” she said. Nothing seemed to be getting through the shield, so the girl was happy about that. She just wished that she could stand still, though… The volleyball was much easier to deal with. Joelle kept blasting the ball back at Cassi, intrigued enough with this new aspect, storing the blast energy to release on impact. She was intrigued enough that she didn’t even really keep up her detached disinterest, focusing on the task of actually getting her powers to do something in a more controlled fashion. She was already wondering about the more useful applications of this, though. For example, could she blow a hole in a wall like this? Could she blow down a building? She really wanted to try to blow down a building. Not just this ‘simulated in the Danger Room’ stuff that could be faked, she wanted to try it on a real live house.

When Cassi came jumping at her, Joelle’s eyes went wide. Should she actually do this? Like… of course, it didn’t matter to her if Cassi got hurt, but Jay would probably get all butthurt, then she’d hear it from Ma, and probably from Paige, and definite from Sam, and did she really want to deal with the headache over that? Still… the girl was supposed to know what she was doing, so… “Bitch, you’re fuckin’ crazy, you know that!?” Joelle managed, right as Cassi slammed into the shield, the explosion of energy hurling her back into the air like she’d been shot out of a cannon.
PM
^
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Dec 27 2016, 07:45 AM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

Cassi was not a teacher. Not really. She didn't have the patience needed to teach, and she didn't like people on a while. What she was good at was strategy and problem solving. Puzzles. She was a lot smarter than most people knew, but the smarts were NOT traditional book smarts. Puzzles that seemed complicated for others were blissfully easy for Cassi. This, Cassi was discovering, was just another puzzle.

While many people tried to teach mutants to control their powers, Cassi came from a different angle. She tried to figure out how to use the power. After all, everyone knows - hammer hits nail. Nail goes into wall. How many people realize you can use a nail to start a magnet? or as a weapon? or as a puzzle for a kid? Right. Power application. THAT was what she was starting to really enjoy exploring.

Joelle was an interesting puzzle. At first, it appeared she was physics in action. Her shields took the kinetic energy and redirected it. But she could also take that blast and use it as a projectile - which was cool. She was a living pong game with explosive potential.

If Jax were around, he'd see how....happy? Cassi actually was right now. She had a puzzle, and she was playing with the puzzle - and the person with whom the puzzle was didn't suck and wasn't lame. She understood Joelle, and in many ways, actually, quietly, hoped they could be friendly. She hadn't met anyone else who rocked the leather like she did. Volleyball was fun, but Cassi had the idea of using the shield against people....and she had this mental image of Joelle protecting a bunch of kids with her shield...but the shield needed to be tested. How big. How fast could she switch it. There was a mass limit - but how did that relate to people were could be heavier than the stuff she threw...and really, how well WOULD she react under pressue.

She hurled herself at Joelle hard and fast. When she hit, it hurt, sure - but Cassi had taken worse. A lot worse. A lot of times. Pain didn't phase her - but she did send out a mental Danger Room Play! Don't worry! just in case it was enough to get him to notice. To Joelle, she laughed, "So I'm told. Often. By many people..." She didn't even seemed phased by being blown back. Oh, there was no doubt it hurt, but Cassi didn't react to the pain. Too many years taught not to. Instead, she came at Joelle again. And again. And again. From different angles. At different velocities. Letting the danger room collect whatever data it wanted to. Cassi just wanted to see how Joelle reacted, and if she could. When she saw the girl finally start looking like it was putting some pressure on her, she stopped, and grinned. "That was fucking AMAZING. The application that your power has....Oh my goodness...we have to get you some physics books - but yeah. You are a total badass!" Was she raw? Sure..but she was young, and Cassi recognized the same hunger that she had when she was her age.

"ANything else you want to try? Like..huge scale destruction? We have to do it in here before we can practice on real buildings....."
PM
^
Joelle Guthrie
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 12:31 AM

63 angst

Arjay
59 posts
15 years

Okay, so her brother’s girlfriend wasn’t hurt, at least not really. That was good, right? Joelle supposed so, at least. Not that she cared, of course, because, well, lame, but it was better to not hurt the one instructing her, she figured. She didn’t have paperwork to do, so it wasn’t more paperwork or anything like that, but if you kill a teacher, it was probably something that would leave a stigma on you. Better to not go down that road, right? All the same, she wasn’t going to give Cassi the satisfaction of seeing her not stand up to this. Yes, she was a fifteen year old girl. No, she wasn’t the most spectacular member of her family. She was, though, a badass bitch who was not going to let a teacher smack her around. She focused on it, sending a blast at her every time she came down and touched her shield, for the first time actually feeling the exertion from using her power. What reason had she ever had to really have to do this, after all? Blasting once usually deterred anything that was bothering her, and that seemed to be the biggest reason to use her power, right? “Damn right,” she said, not quite keeping up the uncaring detachment that was her trademark.

And then… Cassi was taunting her. “Why, you have any buildings that you can let me take down?” she asked, shooting Cassi an impatient look. “Letting a machine pretend I’ve blown down a building is lame. Probably cheats the physics to make us feel better about things.” Only Joelle would think that the Danger Room would make people feel better by increasing the property damage they caused… “I mean, how hard can blowing a building down be,” she said, shrugging. “If a demolition crew can do it, so can I. Only real reason to do it is to see it really happening.” Maybe if she was lucky, just maybe, Cassi would have a condemned apartment building she could take out…

That sure wouldn't be lame.
PM
^
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Jan 14 2017, 12:08 AM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

And this was the moment when the Universe did the proverbial face palm and question of Who Let Cassi teach?

Cassi was...caught up in the moment. She'd taught herself pretty much everything with her power - which meant she was fairly destructive, and only now really learning the finer aspects of control. She knew how much force was needed to shatter a man's head like a watermelon, and had done it in the Danger Room....but fine motor control? Unless it was a zipper or pants...or buttons...she'd give buttons a pass, fine wasn't as strong. Cassi understood wanting to destroy. Destruction was fun.

She wanted to keep putting Joelle through the paces. Program harder and harder things - but Joelle seemed to think that the danger room scales things back. She laughed at that, and gave Joelle this very....mischievous? look? Oh, she thought that the Danger Room scaled back? Not if you knew how to program it right. And Cassi, thanks to Alex, knew how to program it right. Joelle was going to call her out? Fuck it. Cassi would return. After all, she couldn't have a 15 year old kid and Jay's little sister making her look like a wimp. No, that wouldn't do at all.

"Survive this and I'll take you to a building..." Yes, Cassi knew where that a building she could blow up, and she even was certain she could shield the girl. Fun was fun. To the Danger Room, she called out, "Run Program 628. Raccoon City. Lethal level. " Lethal wasn't really Lethal. It just meant if you got over run, you'd feel like you were torn apart. This was a level Cassi had beaten a few times - but it still gave her a challenge. Especially if the Danger Room decided to put in an innocent.

The room melted into a street scene. There was a lot of detrious on the street, and buildings already looked partially destroyed.

user posted image

Cassi looked over a Joelle, grinning still. "Objective is easy. Stay alive for the timer. Save any innocents..." This was a program that learned; she knew there would be a few people through in to save. She wasn't about to tell Joelle how long the timer was; she would, however, stay on the ground with the girl. That was the big way Cassi won these fights. She took to the air and blasted them from on high. Joelle couldn't fly......

But oh, my God. The idea of her playing bowling????

The moans were heard first...and then the shambling. Coming in from the two side streets and in front were three zombie hordes. There were probably hundreds of them. Cassi asked, "So..how are we staying alive????"

Oh, man. If Joelle survived this, Cassi was going to have a new game buddy. It would be totally awesome.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0