-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Bewitching the Angels, Feb. 23 | Wanda
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Aug 28 2016, 02:00 AM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

The nighttime was Ryan's time. He loved flying at night, when things were quiet, when the stars swam over him every time he rolled through the air. He could almost swear that there was a different feel to the moonlight, but of course, most people would tell him that he was just making that up. It was all in the atmosphere of it, right? At night, the city looked cleaner, prettier, millions of lights spread out beneath him, like a mirror to the stars above him that they drowned out.

It was good to be back in New York. His vacation had kept him away for a good while, but he felt like his life had started back up again, with the same bustle to his day, the same rush to take care of his packed schedule, the same choosing which place he'd lay his head at the end of the day. Today, he'd found himself getting chilled as he headed toward the harbor, so he'd swung toward Queens where his apartment at the backup headquarters still waited for him. It would be good to check back in with everyone there.

His body glowing faintly, his wings nearly invisible against the night sky, Ryan circled the building, wishing that Spring would hurry up and get here already. That would make night flying so much more comfortable... He peered down at the building, and spied a familiar figure out for what was probably a short walk to get some air, to see the sky for a bit, as long as the still-frigid late-February temperature would allow. Well... he did want to catch up, he supposed. He came in to land, gliding smoothly down toward the middle of the roof, his wings flapping slowly to bring him down at an easy landing. Stretching a little, he pulled the neoprene half-mask down off his face, letting his lips feel the open air again without the risk of the wind abusing them as he turned toward the woman he probably should have expected to find up here. "Hello, Wanda," he said, that easy smile spreading across his face.

Kel
PM
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Aug 31 2016, 02:17 AM
Scarlet Witch

199 angst

Kel
309 posts
23 years

Wanda was naturally a creature of the night; that time between dusk till just after the sun's rays touched the world was when Wanda felt most alive. With little to occupy her time beyond cooking for her friends and family Wanda found herself wandering the city at night when it was impossible to sleep. She occasionally found it odd that she’d never felt menaced no matter what neighborhood her travels took her. The soft chiming of bells around her ankles marked her progress through the city and rarely drew a second look. In that at least she could appreciate the city and its myriad of peoples.

Tonight she was on her way out; the eldric call of the night pulling her onwards. Balancing delicately on the ball of her foot Wanda spun in place, perched precariously on the thin lipped wall that acted as a barrier between the roof top area and the deadly drop below.

Trust her mutation; everyone she spoke to had some variation on the same advice, so for the last few nights Wanda had begun again stretching her power out into the darkness, the light corona of power shimmered over her form. About to step off the edge and trust to her power to limit her fall, that halo of light winked out as Ryan’s voice startled her. “Ryan!” her half executed step faltered as she tried to spin in place to look at him, balance compromised by her surprise Wanda teatered about to fall.
PM
^
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Sep 1 2016, 04:27 AM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

Ryan wondered what Wanda was doing. Any place that he found her, she added an element of mystery, that enigmatic woman that just wouldn’t surprise you no matter what you saw her do. He wouldn’t have been surprised to see her tiptoe out onto thin air, dancing a bit, twirling on her toes like the night sky was a solid ground. It didn’t have anything to do with knowing her powers, it was more her presence, that ethereal quality to her that reached through the boundaries of possibility and fantasy in your mind and made you think that just maybe, magic was real, and nothing could be surprising.

Well, nothing except her falling off the roof. That was a bit surprising.

Ryan’s feet had barely touched the roof when he pushed forward, surging over the edge of the half wall. He reached for her, grasping onto her just when her balance was tipping irrevocably toward the open air and continuing forward, over with her himself. He held on around her waist tightly as they tumbled, but already he was recovering. “Hold on,” was all he said as his wings spread again, the black of the purest night showing the contrast of this over-lit city starscape. He swooped down with her, coming low enough to the street that they received several beeps of horns and made several cars veer and screech their tires, but they were never in any danger of even brushing over them. With several powerful flaps he took them up to the tops of the buildings, then higher as he circled around over the city, getting his bearings. He kept a tight hold on her, very carefully shifting her for the ease of carrying her, their faces dangerously close by necessity as the city shrank beneath them. “Well, you seem to still like living dangerously, Wanda,” he said, shooting a sideways glance and a smile as they glided over the rooftops, somewhere between the tallest and the shortest buildings of the city. “Are you all right?”
PM
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Sep 1 2016, 04:39 AM
Scarlet Witch

199 angst

Kel
309 posts
23 years

Wanda was still human; with a human’s fallacy. So when surprised she reacted as any woman would, by startling in place; of course the issue was that at this moment was the worse thing she COULD do.

I am dreaming

Wanda’s arms wrapped around his shoulders as he caught her, his words whipped away by the wind with hardly a thought as she concentrated on the magnificent midnight black wings spread out to cup the air, arresting their fall; “Ryan…” her voice this time was filled with wonder, delight, pleasure for him bringing a light to her features that had nothing to do with her powers. The exhilaration of falling was lost in the delight of his return to whole form.

Her hair streamed out around them as he hovered the motion of his wings string her layered skirts; there was only one thing she could do.

Wanda wrapped her arms around his shoulders pressing her lips to his, her happiness bleeding from every pore as she held him tightly. They still fit together perfectly...
PM
^
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Sep 5 2016, 01:07 AM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

If Ryan had a chance to time it, he would have found that the answer was “fifteen seconds.” The question, of course, being “How long would it take from first contact for Wanda and him to start making mistakes?”

Ryan carried them higher and higher with each powerful flap, until the block of buildings they’d started from was far beneath them. He would normally have reminded himself that it was cold, and she wasn’t used to this height, this wind, and that she never really dressed warmly enough to be out this long. His attention to such matters, however, was compromised when he found her lips against his, and to a surprise attack like that, he had no real defense. The bottom line was, really, that he wanted to kiss her, and they did fit together perfectly, at least as far as he could tell now, which just made him start wondering…

When he finally remembered to come up for air and occasionally watch where he was flying (how the hell did he get this high!?), the flush on his face was only partly due to the wind against his face. He smiled that lopsided smile at her as he began wheeling them down toward the rooftop again. “You know, you’re making it very hard for me to make a case for you to be more careful on the edges of buildings,” he half-joked, making sure his arms were tightly around her as they descended. “Should I take it that means that you’re all right?” I mean, if you need me to kiss you again first...
PM
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Sep 5 2016, 01:32 AM
Scarlet Witch

199 angst

Kel
309 posts
23 years

She really hadn’t meant for the kiss to be anything other than a happy expression of her delight in his return to being whole. Of course when he responded…

Wanda found herself falling into the embrace with wanton abandon for the consequences; curling up in his arms Wanda snuggled against his chest, obstinately for warmth, shielding herself from the freezing wind that cut through their clothing as he sliced through the air.

“I was practicing.”
she defended herself with a smile, brushing her palm over his jaw happily. “Ryan..when? How?” had his wings returned? “I’m so happy for you!” Wanda wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him tightly, her light body molded against him. Her? Alright? “Of course!” chuckling at the question Wanda kissed his cheek, tugging him away from the roof when it looked like he was about to land. “No! Come fly! Show me it all!” she’d heard the longing in his voice the pain from when he’d referred to his lost wings. Now all she wanted to was to join him in sharing some of that again.
PM
^
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Sep 8 2016, 11:06 PM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

Lord, she was just begging to be cold, wasn’t she? Ryan almost refused her request, made her take the landing and go get one of his flight harnesses, or at least a warmer jacket, but… well, he could hold onto her, couldn’t he? His arms tightened around her, and his legs tangled into hers, keeping her flush against his body, not wanting half of her body swinging freely. “All right,” he said, shaking his head a little. “If we’re going to do this, though, unzip my coat.” He held onto her tightly as she worked the coat open, then he nodded. “All right, now grab around me under the coat and hang on tight.” He coasted along easily for a moment as he pulled the coat around her and zipped it up around the two of them. The coat wouldn’t zip all the way up, of course, but it was at least warmer than hanging on to the outside of his coat.

He grabbed on around her again, then took them over the river, flying toward Manhattan and the skyscrapers that were now pillars holding up the sky instead of just more buildings along the street. “It was just before the wedding,” he admitted. Hadn’t she seen him there? Well… all right, no, he hadn’t exactly been eager to run into her while he was there with Dani, and she might have known to not seek him out for the same reason. “We had to go save some babies from Purifiers. Apparently… all I needed all along was to just pull in more life than I knew what to do with.” There was something coldly appropriate in his mind about it. Purifiers had stolen his wings, and Purifiers had been drained of their life to restore them.

“You can roll over to see the streets if you want, I won’t drop you,”
he promised, smiling at her as he homed in on the distant sight of the Empire State Building and let his wings carry them higher, only to pull into a shallow dive, picking up speed as the city streets raced below them.
PM
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Sep 15 2016, 03:02 AM
Scarlet Witch

199 angst

Kel
309 posts
23 years

Snugged against Ryan how could she be cold? Truly Wanda didn’t feel the bite of the wind or icy chill of the winter air. Wanda’s power seeped out wrapping the pair in a cocoon of warmth, even as they flew the wind hardly touched them, because she believed it would not. Obeying his instructions with pleasure Wanda snuggled into his chest, for the moment their history, her unrequited attachment, all the expectations and hopes that had been dashed by his rejection was brushed away. “How did I miss that?” she murmured cuddling closer. “So you can heal yourself?” Her head popped up at that, her smile was happy for him, “That is wonderful.” Wanda placed a small kitten like kiss on his jaw sealing her statement.

His offer was met with a shrug, she was comfortable here with him, and the city was still not something that entranced her, “Dani must be ecstatic for you.” Yes Wanda, remind them both that Ryan had picked the other woman over her, that he was not someone that she could attach her heart to again...no matter how that treacherous organ disobeyed her. “Does she love to fly with you?” Friendship, somehow Wanda would keep her feelings to that strict direction only.

Her mouth opened to ask him a question, only to have his sudden drive pull the words from her; instead she clutched at him reflexively, a squeak escaping, before laughing, the speed was nothing new to her, but the sudden dive had been startling, “You did that on purpose!” she accused grinning at him.

PM
^
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 06:56 AM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

“Well, I think that at the wedding, that was the one place where I could have wings and still blend into a crowd,” Ryan teased. “You might have looked right at me and missed me anyway because I shouldn’t have been one of the guys with wings.” Actually, he wondered if she had. He knew he’d caught sight of her, but it was her father’s wedding, noticing her wasn’t hard. He hadn’t made any attempt to seek her out, though, and he’d suspected that she might have been attempting the same, but he wouldn’t have been surprised at being wrong.

Her next question, though, made him wince. “I… suppose so?” he said. “The amount of power I need to steal from people to do it is… staggering.” In other words, he’d either killed the people, or nearly so. He certainly hadn’t stuck around to make sure that the nearly-dead purifiers made it to safety. “Enough that it’s not a practical thing to count on being able to do. I sure never intended to do it.” Still, he smiled when she kissed him, rubbing his nose playfully against her jaw. If she wasn’t going to hold it against him, he wasn’t going to dwell on it.

“Dani seemed happy for me, yes,” he allowed. At the second question, though… “No, she never liked flying,” he admitted. “She didn’t like the heights, or the dependency on me holding her up.” Which, of course, had always felt a little insulting. At least Rose’s vertigo at heights, he understood. All of the past tenses were kind of telling, though, and he knew it. “We… ah… broke up on vacation,” he admitted. “It just… wasn’t working, even if she was trying to force it to.” Even as he said it, he knew he was opening Pandora’s Box, without even the chance of hope being left inside, but he couldn’t exactly lie by omission here, could he?

He grinned when she squeaked and clutched onto him, and he fixed a wicked smile on her as she accused him of intending that. “Well of course I did,” he answered, the smile turning into a satisfied smirk. “It worked, didn’t it?” he added, giving her a playful squeeze.
PM
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 05:04 AM
Scarlet Witch

199 angst

Kel
309 posts
23 years

Was he right? Had she intentionally overlooked him? It was possible, Wanda hadn’t really wanted to see him and his girlfriend, even if she didn’t acknowledge it consciously; and after all her power worked on her true desires...so yes it was very probable that she’d accidently on purpose missed his winged body.

“I have power..” he knew it well, that red energy seeped into the space between them, disappearing into his body, “I would give it to you, all you have to do is ask for the need of it.” Wand would gladly share herself with him...her power with him. She understood better now why it was so wrong that she’d become so attached so quickly with out knowing him beyond a night of power and lust. Except she did know him now didn’t she? Ryan was a friend, a man she wished could love her...and felt guilt for that desire.

How could anyone who loved him feel anything but safe in his arms?

Wanda immediately censored the unkind thought; Dani had her reasons she was sure and it wasn’t fair of Wanda to judge her without knowing them.

They broke up. Oh.

Oh.

Oh.

Ducking her face into his neck to hide her confused expression; what should she say? What could she say? “I’m sorry?” she hadn’t meant for it to come out as a question. Oh Ryan...how did you want me to answer? Wanda watched the stars hidden by light and clouds, the burn of the wind keeping her from knowing if tears threatened or if it was just the cold...
PM
^
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 02:47 AM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

“I know you have power,” Ryan answered, and he was forced to wonder if that would work. It wasn’t the same energy, really, after all. Could he heal himself using Wanda’s power to fuel it? What would that do to her? Could he draw that power from her and have her be fine still? “I… don’t want to hurt you,” he said, admitting his fear. “We don’t know how it would work. We’d need to try it, be sure we know how it’d work before it was an emergency.” Still, it raised the question about what, exactly, they could do with their power. They’d seen one of the answers, but… well, it was a question that needed answering, he supposed.

”I’m sorry?”

For some reason the answer to his statement made him want to laugh. “So am I, but… It’s what it is. She… apparently felt more in it than I could feel, and I wasn’t going to lie about it when she asked me outright. It just… wasn’t right. It was good, but it wasn’t what she wanted it to be, and I had to tell her that.” Because when it came down to it, he probably wasn’t right for anyone like that, but he wasn’t going to get into that subject. That was an invitation to start hearing about how he shouldn’t say such things about himself, but sometimes it was just the way things were.

“You all right?”
he asked, “Still not too cold?” He caught her glancing up at the sky and smiled wryly. “When it’s warmer, I’ll need to take you up over the clouds, where the city lights don’t blot out the stars,” he mused. Taking her up through a cloud right now, well, he was adapted to flight and even he didn’t want to do that.
PM
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 04:44 AM
Scarlet Witch

199 angst

Kel
309 posts
23 years

“You can’t hurt me.” she sounded so certain, Wanda felt a confidence that was rare to her in this life. Instinctively, viscerally Wanda knew that he couldn’t hurt her..not with his power not when she gave to him.

Of course Emotionally was a whole other kettle of fish.

“That is a good idea. To try before we have to.” Wanda’s fingers skimmed over his cheek, pressing lightly over the bone, “I don’t want to loose my-” her what? First lover that she had even a glimmer of choice? A man she hoped for more from? “Friend.” yes. He was that and nothing more. She needed to remember the ‘nothing more’ seal it in her heart.

“My friend who happens to be a boy.” her lips quirked in amusement, her finger poking his cheek Quoting something she’d seen often explained in the sitcoms she’d been watching at night to attempt to catch up on social norms.

The light heartedness died as he confused her poor heart again. “You did.” Wanda couldn’t meet his eyes as she gazed away, ostensibly to watch the lights below. “It’s better not to leave hope.” He’d done the same to her after all, and if Wanda yearned for a chance to change his mind...she could admit in the dark of the night that the heart was not so easily swayed.

“Why? What was missing?” From Dani, from Wanda. Did he even know?

Sliding a hand behind her Wanda unzipped his jacket, holding his gaze, “When do you feel whole Ryan? Your wings are back...but is your heart whole?” her hands slid over his chest as he stroked them upwards above the buildings. “Do you even know how it feels anymore?” Wanda pushed off his chest letting herself fall through the air away from him.

He would catch her. She knew he would.

And if he didn’t...Wanda would learn if she could fly...
PM
^
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 06:58 AM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

“I could hurt you,” Ryan disagreed, rather sure of it. Oh, he was sure that he’d have to try, but he was sure he could. “Ever since it happened, I’ve been… more aware of what I can feel from people. Everyone’s light just looks so… simple to bleed dry now that I know I can do it…” He shuddered a little, shaking his head. This was more than just an idle worry of Ryan’s. He hadn’t second guessed his decision at the moment, he hadn’t regretted the specific deaths afterward, but the idea that he could still do it to someone terrified him. “So… yes. Another thing we need to try, and try carefully.”

”My friend who happens to be a boy.”

Ryan couldn’t help chuckling a little. How many of his friends were women? How many of those women had very intimate knowledge of him? Probably most of them, he had to admit. “’Friend’ covers a lot of ground, I’ve found,” he offered, giving a playful nip at her finger without really trying to catch it. Was Wanda really catching up on how the world worked? The tension between them was as strong as ever, something he was trying desperately to ignore as usual. This was, naturally, dashed with her next comment, though, and his assertion that he could hurt her was brought into sharper poignancy. “I’m sorry,” he said quietly, trying to figure out what he could say about what was missing. “It’s… hard,” he admitted. “Hard to explain, when all you have is your gut and your instincts to go with. It wasn’t that it wasn’t love. I do love her, she’s been my friend since I was a kid. But… There wasn’t that connection that you know can last. There wasn’t any… growing together. There was what she wanted, and there was her focusing on trying hard to make that fit me or make me fit it.”

Wanda was being unusually cutting with her questions tonight, but he supposed it was no more than he deserved. He didn’t ever blow off deep questions about himself, or at least he tried not to. Before he could ask, though, shed pushed away from him, and he watched in horror as she began sinking toward the street below.

Catching her was, admittedly, not hard. He flipped in the air, wings tucked straight back, cutting through the air in a sudden, sharp dive. His wings pumped through the air, driving him faster down at the street as he reached out, first catching her hand, then wrapping his arm under her legs, scooping her up into his arms as his wings stretched out, straining against the wind, against gravity, forcing them to level out, pull out of the fall until they were skimming ten feet over the tops of the cars, his wings flapping even harder to pick up their altitude again. His face was white, his eyes wide as he looked at her, his arms tightening around her as he held her against him, rising up into the New York skyline again. “Why did you do that!?” he demanded.
PM
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 12:07 PM
Scarlet Witch

199 angst

Kel
309 posts
23 years

“Try…” her whisper enticed him; a tempting curl of sound. Wanda was courting danger tonight; she’d started by dancing on the edge of the roof, and now she was tempting him to drink of her life, in a few moment she’d be dropping to her potential death. It was a fell mood that had her this night.

“But you are not in love with her.” He might not believe it but she understood better than most would think; wanda had so often been driven to find that connection that she fell quickly and hard. But she would not, could not truthfully say that her love was true, full, complete.

“You have always been...honest. At least with me.” If her eyes were sad..well he could hardly blame her. “After the pain, she will appreciate that.”

That odd feral wind drove her to let go of him, diving out of his arms and into the night sky unaided. Her body arched away, eyes slid shut as the wind rushed by. Ryans hand slipped into hers, the meeting of them felt oh so natural in the frigid air, Wanda smiled up at him, gliding into his hold lightly.

“Because you would catch me.” Wanda didn’t ignore his fear instead she embraced it, and him; “Ryan. You can’t hurt me. And even if you failed to catch me…” her lips seemed to sparkle as her power flared beneath her skin; “I would have.”

PM
^
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 01:51 AM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

Tonight was a dangerous night. Wanda had almost fallen to her death, and she didn’t seem to mind the danger. She seemed sure that she’d turn out alright, even, that her power would protect her from anything. The frightening thing was that he didn’t know if he could refute what she said, her sense of safety. She told him to try, and he was tempted, his fingers lingering along her jaw as he felt that pulse of her life inside her, but he pulled back, shaking his head with a smile. “Not yet,” he said, “Not now.” Maybe later, on solid ground… but maybe not.

She’d hit the nail on the head as far as Dani, and he nodded his agreement. “It’s… not always easy to tell which it is,” he admitted. “You can feel something, you can feel something strong, but it doesn’t make it real. This… well, it was deep, even, but it wasn’t real, not like she wanted it to be. I… can’t force that feeling.” He smiled at her, the regret, apology clear in his eyes. “Even when I want to, I can’t. Sometimes I’m not sure if I’m capable of it, but… I think I’ll know ‘right’ when I find it.”

Even Ryan couldn’t deny that there was a thrill in that mad dive to catch her, the rush of adrenaline from the sudden scare, the pounding of their hearts, now so close together. And now, with her power coursing through her, filling her, he couldn’t argue as she said that he couldn’t hurt her. Could she hurt him, he wondered?... He tore his gaze from her lips, only realizing at the last moment that they’d fixed there, as he swung them around the Empire State building, angling back toward the way they’d come in a sort of round-about path. Instead of pursuing the question of if he could hurt her, if she could fall to her death, he answered her earlier question. “I don’t remember what it feels like to have my heart feel whole,” he admitted. “I don’t even remember if it ever really has. I just… think I’ll know when something really fits.” At least, when something fit that wasn’t also stuck on other people…
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0