-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Stolen diamonds, March 5 (early morning) | Emma
Abel Prince
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 12:54 AM
White Bishop

244 angst

Arjay
197 posts
430 years

Abel always had to roll his eyes when he heard people speaking about how much they disliked hospitals. Oh, certainly there was a very distinct smell and feel to the places, and it might put people in the mind of times when they had been hurt, but he had four hundred years of experience with hospitals to draw from, and modern hospitals? Well, he wasn’t going to complain at all about a building where you could be sure that the people inside were competent, the environment was sterile, and you were more likely than not going to be healed while you were there. There was no stench of blood or feces, there was no constant wailing of suffering, you didn’t have people getting their limbs removed here and there… all in all, people of this century needed to realize their fortune and, to borrow the modern phrase, grow a pair.

This didn’t mean that he liked being there, of course, since he couldn’t say at all that he liked Emma being hurt. Her situation could have been worse, he supposed. She’d been treated immediately and quickly, and she should make a complete recovery, he’d been assured. Still, while she was there, waiting for her to wake up was his responsibility, and he had the authority to arrange it, thankfully. He knew that her ward wouldn’t be happy about the arrangement, of course, since Abel insisted to the staff that all other visitors needed to wait until he said otherwise, but it was necessary. Emma would need a bit of time (much less than most would, he was sure, Emma was a remarkable woman, after all) to compose herself, and he trusted that she would rather do that with him than in front of her ‘son.’ Parents were just like that. As far as Alex knew, Abel was going to send for him the moment she regained consciousness… and as far as Alex would ever know, that might as well be what happened.

So he waited there in one of those easily-cleaned hospital waiting chairs, his attention mostly on his phone as he waited for a sign of life from Emma. As soon as she started to stir, he put the electronic distraction down, standing next to her bed, waiting for her to wake up, waiting patiently, until finally (after much grogginess and drug-induced half-waking), he saw that she was able to process what was around her. That was where his job started. “Emma,” he said, putting one hand on hers, the other on her forehead to still any immediate and unfortunate reactions, “Emma, I need you to stay still and don’t try to speak yet. Yes, you’re safe, so I want you to just listen so I can tell you what you need to know.”

He waited until those blue eyes locked on his, and knew that this had to be hard for her. She could have, in normal circumstances, just opened her mind and known everything. In this case… well, she was going to have to rely on his words to prepare her, including to relate to her why she couldn’t read his mind. “I’d imagine that this is quite jarring for you, but please, don’t make any sudden and unfortunate movements. I’ll start at the beginning, and when I’m done, I’ll answer any questions I haven’t already covered, all right?” He waited for her to acknowledge the point, then nodded and went on. “The immediate concerns: You’ve been stabbed in your neck, so I’d imagine that it isn’t particularly comfortable to speak, nod, I didn’t get much of an answer about swallowing. Obviously, it’s important to not exacerbate that injury while you’re recovering,” he said, finally removing his hand from her forehead. “I don’t know how much you might recall, but you were apparently kidnapped by your suitor’s daughter. From what we can tell, you were drugged, then she removed you from the restaurant you had met her at while her accomplice, one serial killer named Anthony Kilpatrick, caused a small riot in the restaurant to cover it. One of them was answering your texts for you, and even if you ever did reply with text, the answers obviously weren’t yours. I looked into the matter, found the point in your schedule you must have disappeared at, and probed further. Your ward was rather helpful, I tasked him with the things that wouldn’t put him into any legal problems and handled the things that might by myself, like breaking into our little kidnapper’s apartment. We got enough information that I could put the puzzle together and hand it nicely wrapped with a bow on it to the UPC. They went and recovered you, but in Mr. Kilpatrick’s last stand, he used you as a human shield when they started to open fire. I’m sure you can feel the result of that in your hip, and by the by, don’t worry, I’ve already started taking discreet quotes for cosmetic surgery to remove any lingering scars. They tried to use nonlethal force after that, apparently, and you were hit with their Cure ammunition, which I would assume is the source of your real alarm right now. Apparently, he stabbed your neck to force your suitor’s attention to keeping you from bleeding out, then committed suicide by UPC agent. I managed to get a look at the body to confirm it. Your suitor’s daughter is in UPC custody. I’ve done nothing about that yet. I wasn’t sure how you would want to handle it. We could leave her to the justice system, or we could make sure that the charges amount to nothing and then settle the manner privately by ourselves.”

“So. In summary, Precious, you’ve been tortured, shot, stabbed, and I’m afraid that you have all but a few hours of the two weeks without your mutant gifts remaining to you. On the bright side, it’s all been kept very quiet. The school only knows that you’ve been indisposed, and any problems that have arisen have been handled, your children are well, though very worried in some cases.” From the look on his face, though, this was obviously not all that she needed to be alerted about. He’d let her process what had happened to her before he updated her on her brother, though.
PM
^
Emma Frost
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 07:44 PM
White Queen

239 angst

Crypt
316 posts
28 years

Awareness came....slowly.

Emma struggled to wake up, swimming through grogginess with a tenacity that was all Emma Fucking Frost. She recognized this feeling; she was under the effects of...a sedative and it felt like pain killers. She struggled to move, to open her eyes, to gain awareness. She felt the coarseness of a hospital gown. She felt the less than stellar sheets and heard the crunch of a pillow that was covered in plastic under a pillow case. The smell, the faint sounds. The Hospital. She was in the hospital again.

She reached out, reflexive, ready to pluck information from the minds of people around her when she noticed how very....quiet it was. There were.....no people about. The drugs impeded her mental acrobatics, but the moment she realized she didn't have her powers was the exact moment her eyes opened and she found Abel standing next to her, hand gently on her forehead, the other gently holding hers. She was vulnerable. Oh, not by being hurt. She had a student who could take care of those problems...but she didn't have her powers. Her life had been truly defined by her powers; she relied on her powers. She loved her powers. And now? Now she was just....normal.

People would try and eat her alive.

Her trust with Abel was implicit. There were few that earned such complete trust. Alex. Abel. Her Brother.

Christian.

He would be beside himself when he found out...and what's more? he'd kill who did this. Oh, everyone saw the kind side of Christian. It was a good part of him - but there was a darkness within him. All the Frosts hid it...well, Adrienne didn't exactly hide it...

But she trusted Abel, and so, when he told her to lie still and he would fill her in, she licked her lips, nodding ever so slightly, and consented. "Very well..." Her mouth was so very dry.

There was obvious surprise as he revealed Jenny had kidnapped her. Jenny?! She'd wanted to get to know her better. She'd called to try and build a relationship because they a person in common with whom they loved....

Remy.

God, this would kill him.

Emma closed her eyes for a moment, sighing. It had been...naive' of her. To think the best of her lover's daughter. She should know better, but she'd so desperately wanted that connection. To build the bridge between families. "Go on..." She listened, dispassionately, as Abel described what had happened, covering the bases. Oh, she remembered the torture. The cuts, the voices...yes, it had been Jenny who'd done it. Though she was drugged, the voice had been female. And then there were the shadows....

When Abel mentioned her Ward, she moved sharply, wincing in pain as she did. "Alex. Please promise me you didn't let him do something foolish..." She knew Alex. He would do anything for her - include things that would probably be bad for him in the long run. The relief was obvious when Abel assured her that Alex hadn't done anything illegal.

She shook her head to the thought of surgery. "Just need feral cats. Isabel can do it. My student." After all, killing feral cats was an absolute help to the planet. Isabel had been doing well, and frankly, she wasn't going to stay in the hospital too long. She had things to do...and... Emma discovered she didn't even know what day it was. Eyes flitted around the room until she found the white board. March 5th. She'd been gone over 48 hours. Even with Abel's calm and cool demeanor, she could see the markings of worry that had been on his face.

Jenny was in custody. Once again, she closed her eyes, sighing softly. "No. She will be left alone. I will leave her to the UPC. Pete is Remy's best friend. He'll make sure she sees justice, and in a way that won't destroy Remy." And yes, Emma Frost was being hypocritical. She knew if it was anyone else, that person would disappear - but this was Jenny. Remy just lost one daughter. He's lost another before - losing Jenny too? It would kill him. She understood. Family was paramount.

Nodding quietly, she instructed, "Alex will need to see that I am all right - but not like this. Please, God, tell me you bright some appropriate clothes? I need a mirror, see how bad the stab is...and a doctor to explain. Once the wound gets to a certain level, we can summon my student, Isabel. She'll transfer the wounds to some feral cats. That will heal me, and the world will be rid of some of the surplus cat population." And while Emma didn't have anything specific against cats, they were, quite honestly, a problem. Two birds. One stone.

Squeezing his hand lightly, she asked quietly, "Now...tell me the bad news....Have you gone and done something horrid to your little pet?" The smile was faint enough to be more of a grimace. She was trying to tease, but if that was the basic, the bad meant something happened to him (but he looked fine), Alex, Remy, Gina or Christian.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Abel Prince
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 08:29 PM
White Bishop

244 angst

Arjay
197 posts
430 years

Of course Emma had students who could heal her. He’d suspected as much, but not knowing her students, he hadn’t been sure. All the same, she had to recover until they could manage that situation. He eyed Emma carefully, evaluating her reaction. He’d heard about her brother’s reaction to being hospitalized and how, well, childishly he’d taken it, and he wasn’t going to have his Queen acting similarly. “I’ve brought you a robe,” he said. “I can pick up whatever else you’d like, obviously, but you’re going to be a model patient while you’re here. I’m making sure that news of this is kept fairly suppressed, but if you start fussing about the situation and making life difficult for the staff, the probability that someone starts spreading the word increases toward a certainty, after…” He paused, then sighed, shaking his head and sitting next to the bed.

“This will make more sense with more news, Precious. While you were in your drugged-up hell, your brother decided to give a press conference regarding his daughter’s abduction,” he said, his tone saying for him that he hadn’t thought much of the decision. “Someone tried to assassinate him. He was shot through the chest, through the heart, actually, from my understanding. He’s alive, he’s recovering, but he apparently raised a fuss about it until he was sent home with private doctors. After heart surgery.” Heart reconstruction was more accurate, Abel supposed, but there was no sense belaboring the details. “Obviously, that draws a reasonable amount of attention to the situation, and not all of it will be favorable. And before you ask, no, I’m not aware of any progress in finding out who shot him. I have some ideas on the matter, but securing your recovery was the more pressing issue. Now that you’re safe, I can see to that. I’ll need to know what police officers are on our payroll and can allow a few minutes access to evidence for a… reasonable stipend. Aside from that, I think it should just cost me a favor, though perhaps not.”

“So, as I was saying… you’re going to be a model patient for them, and we’ll keep this quiet. Some news of this getting out is inevitable, but we’ll be able to control what people know. Right now, this needs to be seen as an unfortunate inconvenience to you that otherwise doesn’t affect business as usual. A couple days and we’ll be able to get you to a place where your student can heal you.”
PM
^
Emma Frost
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 08:54 PM
White Queen

239 angst

Crypt
316 posts
28 years

Emma hadn't let go of his hand. She was truthfully too fond of her dear friend, and in this moment, she was weak, hurt, and reeling from the knowledge that her boyfriend's daughter had tried to kill her. While it was some what of a shock, it certainly wasn't an unforgivable one. After all, she still spoke with her sister, and Adrienne had done awful things to her as well.. She had been regally mild, listening, absorbing, assessing.

Until Abel decided to scold her.

He could practically see her sit up straighter and take on the air that made her Emma Fucking Frost. There was decorum, and there were ways to handle things. She had people who owed her favors, and people with whom she had their dirty secrets. No one could - or would - ever say that this particular Frost made scenes. Adrienne was the Ice Queen. Chris was the lovable teddy bear. Emma was the Queen. It was more than obvious that Emma took offense at Abel's insinuations.

"I am going to assume you've had little sleep, and that the stress of this situation has made your brain more than a little addled. To insinuate I would act with anything but decorum...." Oh yes, the Queen was holding court - and she was not pleased that her Bishop, with whom she trusted, but still - her Bishop, was ordering her around. It was one thing to give advice, but Emma took orders from no one..

Of course, a quick squeeze of the hand made sure that Abel understood that she forgave him.

The news of Chris hit her hard. She squeezed her eyes shut as tears welled, and for the first time, hate...true hate...actually flared. She was supposed to protect her brother. She wasn't there, hadn't been there when he was shot...because Jenny had arranged for her to be tortured by her and Kilpatrick. Emma didn't school her face...not around Abel...and the hate there? It was palpable. Eyes still shut, she explained, "Adrienne gave him a painting last summer. It was, in essence, a Dorian Grey. The painting would be destroyed now, as Chris lives....and he hates hospitals. He was forcibly locked up in one. I....I had to get him out..." The way things were said made it more than crystal clear that by "get him out," she didn't mean sign him out. "Our family is a tiny bit....twisted..." Of course Abel knew that. She'd told him so much that first time together, when he'd brought her out from her personal darkness.

She sighed, and with obvious regret, commented, "My brother does not take the care he should in regards to the media. He thinks that by pure intent alone, he will win the crowds...which we all know is bollocks. The ring he is wearing....is it public knowledge? How is Vanessa handling things...She is....well, a spoiled brat." Her wry smile was all the extra input Abel needed. Emma was obviously not a fan.

She motioned for his phone. Once in her hand, she opened up part of his encrypted part and typed in a few addresses with log ins and passwords. "Frost, not Hellfire contacts...Use my name. If anyone gives trouble, make sure they understand how....displeased...I will be."

Sighing, she knew she would want someone with her. She felt too vulnerable, too out in the open. "How is Alex? Gina? Alex will need to see me. make sure I'm all right. I don't want Gina to see me like this. If Cordelia wishes to visit, she may - though I'm not sure if she will wish to or not. " Pausing, she admitted, "I do not relish the idea of being alone. Can you.....between you, Alex, Remy - do you think you could arrange for me to not be alone for at least the next 24 hours? Is your pet house trained enough to left alone for longer periods of time?" The words were not unkind - just reality.

Emma looked up, quietly, and asked "Are you okay?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Abel Prince
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 01:26 AM
White Bishop

244 angst

Arjay
197 posts
430 years

And right there, as that fire returned to her eyes, her indignance making her once again somehow regal even in the undignified setting she had been forced into, that was the woman that Abel knew. His lips spread into a rare, thin smile, and he squeezed her hand back. “And it’s good to see that even when you have every reason to feel unsure of yourself, you are still very sure of yourself, Precious. Very good,” he said.

Her reaction to Chris was understandable and expected, and he didn’t need her to tell him how she was feeling to put the pieces together. “The best people come from twisted families, my dear, but yes, I concede your point. You’ll forgive my concern, I hope. I’ve known that he didn’t have your resilience, but I expected much better than the petulance that he gave here.” He couldn’t argue with much of what he said about her brother and his care for appearances, but he decided that this was not the proper moment to be discussing her family’s shortcomings. They’d have time later when no one was in the hospital or otherwise incapacitated. “I haven’t, so far, seen any public comment on it,” he said. “I would wager that people have more pressing matters on their minds with him being shot. As far as his daughter…” Abel gave a noncommittal wave of his hand. “I’ll admit that I’ve not paid much attention to the details. I know the situation, but I don’t know the activities of the players involved. I’ve been forced to focus on trying to recover you… although he was allowed to be moved from this hospital scant days after reconstructive heart surgery. I don’t suppose that you could talk him into picking a more experienced mind to be his power of attorney when this is all over,” he suggested.

The names of the useful police officers acquired, Abel urged Emma back into the bed, covering her with the blanket again. "Your ward is… a very headstrong boy,” Abel said, the set of his jaw conveying all that was needed about his annoyance. “I’m afraid we don’t have that much longer, because he categorically refused to do as he was told and wait at home until you were awake. He’s down in the waiting room right now, pacing, under the impression that I’m going to tell him the instant you wake up, which naturally I haven’t done, because I’m not going to let him in here until you feel composed enough to see him. He’s been caring for your other ward, though, and while I can assure you that she’s been cared for, I don’t know anything of her current state of mind.”

At her request, he gave her a strained, somewhat impatient look, though his tone didn’t sound upset. “Precious, I am your man. You know that I am, and you know that you can trust me, implicitly, to do whatever you need of me. Do you really think that I’ll be leaving you alone here when you need me?” Katya could, after all, manage on her own. If he needed to, he could make her sleep on a chair in the corner, but he doubted that would be necessary.

Her inquiry into his state, though, elicited a wry chuckle from the immortal. “I will be, Precious. This entire affair has me quite frankly irate, but the only thing for me is to wrap it up neatly and hope, where it’s appropriate to hope, that my input is solicited more in matters where I could suggest against danger. If nothing else, I hope that your brother will avoid making any press conferences in the outdoors from here out. I’m forced to admit that I must cut corners investigating his shooting, but that will turn out well enough. At the very least, with you returned and awake, we have, again, the very formidable and visible leadership that our Court is known for.” He shook his head as he sat down next to her again closing his hand over hers once more, his voice entirely calm and at odds with the answers he offered up. “I’ll fill in the blanks for you, since at the moment you can’t simply pluck them out of my mind. I’ve been worried out of my wits. I’m absolutely furious that this insult isn’t going to be dealt with in blood. And I’m absolutely determined to help you prove that even with our king and queen… either indisposed or not at their best, it’s suicide to trifle with our court.”
PM
^
Emma Frost
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 09:01 PM
White Queen

239 angst

Crypt
316 posts
28 years

Emma Frost was a very strong woman. She'd survived her family. She'd survived the...best intentions...of her sister. She'd managed to dodge much of the horror that the rest of her family had felt - but she was still human. Somewhere deep inside was a deep need for validation. She needed it from her older sister; she was somewhat resigned she would never receive it. She needed it from Alex; it reassured her that she was good as a mother, and that meant more to her than almost anything else. She found reassurances from Abel, her dear friend and confidante, were very much welcome. Of course, she couldn't show that particular weakness around most people. She quipped, "Of course I am. I was tortured....and that was mild compared to my family's holidays..." Her smile was thin, but sincere, as she decided yes - she would take being blooded over another Thanksgiving with Hazel any time soon. Taking Abel's hand and squeezing it, she added softly, "But thank you. Knowing all this, having you...it makes it easier...." Abel was...well, very Abel. She respected and understood his aloofness in terms of relationships. Ten years ago? It was a very good run. Two months ago? An incredible night. Now? he was a dear friend....and one of the few she really, really trusted.

She winced as Abel spoke of her brother. It was true, she and Adrienne tended to feel like they needed to coddle him because he was human. Oh, Emma was very, VERy well aware of how very dangerous he was. She hadn't liked Chris with them in New Orleans, but she'd understood. Quietly, she instructed, "And make sure it doesn't make the news. Chris is in a very strong position as Governor. It would not due to have any scandal..." Plus, well, he was Christian. He was her brother, and she loved him very much. She would, very easily, kill for him. Sighing softly, she added, "Home is best. Make sure the Nurses are incredibly discreet....he...recovery could be difficult." And she cursed not being a telepath, and briefly wished to murder whomever shot her with CURE. It would be much easier for her to tell Abel psychically that her brother had a drug addiction problem...but she would be damned before she said anything out loud. She would have to trust that Abel would figure it out easily enough.

Laughing quietly, and then immediately wincing, she shook her head. "I wish....but Gloria is outstanding and can direct Chris much better than most. Is my niece taking the lead?" She had serious concerns about that; Vanessa was an entitled brat. She was, out of all of them, the most like a Frost. Again, for the briefest moment, she was very, very tempted to just have Abel make sure that got changed. The pair wielded enough power, but that would be...well, it would undermine Chris. It was, however, something they would be discussing later.

Emma settled back, grimacing. She chuckled in obvious affection, but quietly chided Abel. "Of them all, Alex stayed by me when I was in a coma. I am his family; he is my son. And yes, he is absolutely a headstrong young man" And yes, she emphasized the last word, as she squeezed Abel's hand again. "It's a major miracle you got him in the waiting room..." Alex would be beside himself, and truthfully? She found she wanted to see him too. She didn't want Gina to see her, but oh, she needed to see Alex. To reassure him. She knew he had very real fears about losing her....

Emma murmured, "Gina will be upset, but Alex will have taken care of her." And that was that. She wondered if Alex had moved back in, or if Gina had moved over to Alex's. He still wasn't talking to Cordelia....

She wasn't a woman who asked for help. She was stubborn, and pride was a real hubris, but in this case? The fears that were imposed on her were still fresh in her mind. At least one had, apparently, come true. Chris, hurt, and she hadn't stopped it. It looked like she would be out of being able to help solve it as well. That meant Abel would have to lead the investigation, which meant...Adrienne. Emma scowled a bit, but wasn't going to say anything. Her sister hadn't deigned to speak to her since her return, and frankly? Emma was put out. Her sister had stolen people away from her school and her court when Emma was in a coma, and then didn't bother to tell anyone she was dying.... She appreciated that her sister tried to make amends in December, but....

"Yes, I know...and I do. There are precious few with whom I do..." She paused, eyes darker as she relived, for the briefest moment, her fears coming to life. Yes, she was going to hold her children closer to her. She was going to make sure they wanted for nothing. She was going to try and see if Remy still wanted her, and if he did not...well, she'd been jilted before... At least she knew she had Abel to escort her anywhere needed...and if she felt lonely? Well...Abel was very good at making sure that didn't last.

"I will stay until released, and I understand that I'm safe, but I don't want the public knowing I am without my powers...and truthfully? It's far, far too quiet..." Yes, see..she could come up with reasonable explanations besides "I'm afraid I'm going to have nightmares...." How embarrassing. Frosts do NOT show weakness. And if Abel needed to bring his pet? well...she understood...

And then Emma inquired about his status. OH, Abel was very formal, and brilliant - but he was a human, and she knew that well. She suspected this had troubled him, hell..she hoped he cared enough for her still that it had troubled him - but she felt bad also if that was the case. She chuckled at his initial reply, nodding in some places, snorting in others - but when he admitted he'd been worried sick? her gaze softened and she kissed his hand. "I am sorry, my darling....I don't mean to worry you.." And yes, she understood those implications."And I cannot. I know...I should..., but she's Remy's daughter.. He just lost his other...I could not do that to him. My only hope is she can get some help.....but, thank you, dear heart. For it all...."

Shifting slightly with a wince, she snorted, "Honestly...am I put together enough that Alex will not panic when he sees me?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Abel Prince
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 01:48 AM
White Bishop

244 angst

Arjay
197 posts
430 years

For a moment, just a moment, Abel’s eyes softened as Emma squeezed his hand. The decision to let her under his skin was a very conscious one on his part, and so far she hadn’t given him reason to have misgivings over it. She had no desire to change him or illusions that she could, she didn’t press him to open up and speak about his feelings… really, everyone should have a telepath or two in their life. The fact that they could see your thoughts kept you from having to actively bare your soul to them.

“Precious, I’ve had the matter on a media lockdown as much as anyone could hope ever since your brother was admitted. His daughter has made a public statement, but really, all of the information that’s actually sensitive and wasn’t going to get out anyway is being kept under wraps. If nothing else, it wouldn’t reflect well on me if I allowed our King to fall to his political liabilities.” One day, perhaps he would have some sort of relationship with Christian on his own, but for now, the fact that it was good for his court was good enough for Abel, to say nothing about what Emma wanted. And what she wanted… was to prevent a scandal involving her brother, and there was something she didn’t want to say openly. Well, he could make the inferences in the matter, even if she couldn’t put the information into his mind. “I’ll make sure to take an active hand to the matter, unless I’m prevented. Putting children in charge of anything is a troublesome prospect, because any challenge to their apparent authority can be fought just because they feel like fighting it. I don’t know of anything she’s managed badly, but again… I’ve been forced to turn my attention to recovering you and trusting the doctors to manage the matter appropriately for the most part.”

Granted, Emma was not seeing any issues with her child being difficult to manage, although in this case, Abel had to admit the problem was simply that he was not jumping immediately when ordered, which was a much lesser issue than what Emma had just described. She’d also had the foresight to not make him her power of attorney, so more points to her credit. “I didn’t give him a choice, Precious. You’re currently under a ‘no visitors’ directive, which will end as soon as I go have a word with the nurse. The boy at least has the sense to not try to force his way in here.” If Abel noticed the emphasis she put on ‘man,’ which e most certainly had, since he was Abel, he gave no indication of it.

The full extent of what her power loss meant was, naturally, something Abel would not be able to grasp, but her requests were easy enough to understand. “My dear Emma, the first thing I did when I presented the case to the UPC was to make certain that it was clear that this necessarily had to be handled with the greatest discretion. I’m rather sure that they’re eager to not spread around that they’ve deprived you of your powers. I believe that they can sympathize, as well, I’ve gathered that their director was hit by friendly fire as well and is currently suffering the loss of his gifts.” As to her fears, though…

“No, you aren’t afraid,”
he told her. Oh, she very well might be afraid, but he was telling her that she was going to stop being afraid. “What is there to fear? Dreams are unpleasant, yes, and you may have very frightening ones, but they’re products of your own mind. Your mind might present its shadows to you in horrifying detail, but it is still something that you are doing. It will happen, or it will not, and either way, you’ll be through it soon enough, and will go through it with whatever company you’re comfortable with being here for it.” If that meant that he had to be here every night sleeping in a chair, then he’d do it. Emma would, he was sure, make it up to him in the aftermath somehow.

Abel chose to allow the matter of his own peace of mind, and hence Jenny’s fate, to pass from their attention, focusing on her question to him. He considered her carefully, then gave her a careless little shrug. “You know the boy better than I do, but I don’t see what he could panic over. He knows you were injured. Your injuries aren’t currently life threatening or visibly horrible. You’re able to talk, sit up. You’re conscious, rational, as sharp as anyone could hope. I think that you could call him in with no real troubles falling upon him.”
PM
^
Emma Frost
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 11:20 AM
White Queen

239 angst

Crypt
316 posts
28 years

Emma was grateful for Abel on multiple levels. There was, she found, an ease in sharing the burden of problems with someone else. She'd had that with Scott. They'd shared concerns over Crissy, and over the UPC and other big events that had affected them. She and Remy hadn't shared as many issues - the loss of the child in January (and discovery), and then his daughter being taken. It was...different. In each of those cases, she was support for him - which was needed, and was good, but with Abel, she knew she had a solid person with whom she could leave tasks and she would not have to worry. Alex was like that as well, though to a lesser degree. It was good to be able to lay back and...recuperate.

Of course, Christian changed everything. There were so many things to be worried, to be wary of, and while she couldn't fault his heart, Raj and Vanessa were not up to the task of handling everything. She nodded as Abel gave his report about the media lock down. The look of relief was evident - and only something a precious few would ever see on her face. "Thank you. I very much appreciate it...." Though she would be damned to speak it out loud (Walls DO have ears), she also knew that Abel would make sure Christian did not fall to his addiction. It would be worse, depending on what type of medication he was on.

Shaking her head, she offered a gentle rebuke. "I trust you implicitly, darling, but do not ever keep my children from me..." That she was pleased was obvious as she squeezed his hand and soften those words with, "But I do not want Gina to see me here...not like this. It will hurt her. All others, though, I trust you to vet." She didn't even know if Remy would want to see her. After all, she was the one responsible for getting his other daughter locked up. She'd failed him with both his children. If anyone ever hurt Alex, she didn't know how she could forgive them.

She nodded, satisfied. "Good. I will need you, far more than I usually do, in order to maintain the proper masquerade. How long until the drug is out of my system?" She was already trying to calculate how to be as reclusive as possible while she was without her powers. It was...not a position she wanted to be in long. While she didn't begrudge those who did not like being a mutant, she was not one of those. To hear Pete was hit with a CURE dart as well? Well, apparently there was some Karmic Justice...

She had to chuckle when he declared she wasn't afraid. He was one of the few who could order her around. To a point, but the point was taken. She knew she would have Abel by her side for some of it. She would think on Alex; probably - if nothing else, Abel deserved to sleep in a bed. It all depended on how long she would have to stay here, of course. "I would very much like to understand the extent of my injuries and the timeline before I can go home." Yes, she was polite; rudeness got you very few places, but she was not asking - but rather telling Abel an expectation she had. He would understand. She needed to figure out her timelines....for recovery, for without her powers, for getting home. Many things...

But first was seeing Alex. She smiled softly, as she nodded, "I do, indeed...and again, I applaud your ability to keep him away until I was briefed." Yes, there was admiration in her tone. "I should be enough....you may allow him in..."

Once again, she squeezed her friend's hand and offered a quiet, "Thank you..."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0