-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Madrid, Roughly end of March, early April IC
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Sep 24 2016, 10:12 PM
Magneto

38 angst

Arjay
67 posts
86 years

As has been seen from Erik mentioning this to various members as threading has allowed, the team's going to head to Spain to help out the mutants there who are in a much, much worse situation than in the US and could use some relief. There will be openings for most any sorts of threads that you want to do, both combat and non, in the spirit of "helping mutants in need proactively."

Magneto is expecting his whole team to go. If anyone is going to skip, they'll need a good excuse. In the meantime, everyone is supposed to be prepping, doing whatever training/practicing they see fit, researching etc. If you need any help or have any questions, hit me up and we'll figure it out.
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Oct 26 2016, 05:37 PM
Magneto

38 angst

Arjay
67 posts
86 years

I'm going to be putting openers up in Europe to announce the Brotherhood's arrival in the near future, so here's the situation with actually GETTING there. Each Brotherhood member has two options:

1) They can ride over on the ship. The ship will take roughly a week to get there, so you can have ship-threads, things of that sort, as they rest up before they make their intro into Madrid. ICly, the ship is going over because they are bringing supplies to assist there, and the supplies exceed the capacity of Madrid's teleporters. OOCly, it's going over because they live on a ship, and I like the idea of it actually GOING places.

2) They can be teleported over the day that the ship arrives and the Brotherhood is taken from the ship into Madrid. This is probably the best bet for any characters that have time constraints on them, such as school or work.

The Brotherhood will hit Madrid Friday, April 3. This date would have been made available to everyone to make their arrangements with work, and it would have been picked to coincide with school breaks so that no one needs to miss classes to come with them. Everyone would be asked to be there for a week, with the Brotherhood making donations to any business that needs to be persuaded to make a person available for those weeks. There is no reason that people HAVE to come back after just one week,Erik will be staying a bit longer and will appreciate anyone who can donate more time.

I will be making an intro announcement, in the form of a news report, purely for flavor and to mark the start of activities. If you want your character to appear in it, let me know. I'll not be describing anything they did, but if they would be there to be part of Erik's show of force to stop any immediate violence happening in Madrid, give me a heads up.

This event will be largely player-driven. If you have an idea, do it. If you're not sure about something, ask, and I'll let you know anything you need and/or make any narrations that you need to help enable things. This is YOUR chance to use this to shape both your characters and the Brotherhood. Once it's open, any reasonable thread can be made to show your character's activities. If you want me to throw up starter situations for you to build threads off, well, I take requests very easily.

Feel free to reply here with your character's travel information and activities of choice so you can link up with people to plan threads.
PM
^
Kel
 Posted: Oct 26 2016, 11:25 PM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Wanda will go on the shippy and be up for group threads/training stuffage one on one or what not smile.gif
PMEmail
^
Kel
 Posted: Oct 26 2016, 11:26 PM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Vanessa...will be ported in the day before smile.gif
PMEmail
^
Tommy Maximoff
 Posted: Oct 26 2016, 11:54 PM
Speed

107 angst

Alia
93 posts
20 years

Here I was thinking I'd get to write Tommy in an airplane xD

Anyway, Kaida will be taking the ship over after leaving Emi with some trusted people. She'll be open to any kind of thread.

Tommy will be teleporting over because the idea of staying on a ship for a week makes his eye twitch. Again, he'll be game for any kind of thread.
PM
^
Eve
 Posted: Oct 27 2016, 12:21 AM
Plot Goddess

1285 angst

Ebe
254 posts
Older than my teeth... years

Chloe - Will be taking the ship over with Erik and the others.

Lila - Will take the ship over. And will need help moving all of her substantial items (drones, servers, computers, her chair, etc) over to the ship. Hiya, Connor!

Alex - Will need to be ported in. He's fine with coming along (C'mon, he would never be able say no to Lorna!) But he has school and work and other responsibilities.

GIMME threads for Chloe and Lila!!
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Nov 28 2016, 12:20 AM
Magneto

38 angst

Arjay
67 posts
86 years

The Brotherhood ship sets out on March 27. You can do threads on the ship for the voyage over any day between March 27 and April 2.

For argument's sake, the ship hits port sometime on the night of April 2

April 3 will be the day that:

Those not on the ship teleport over.

Those on the ship are teleported from the coast to Madrid.

Alternately, those whose participation is going to be more low key can drive with the supplies from the coast to Madrid that day.
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Dec 14 2016, 02:17 AM
Magneto

38 angst

Arjay
67 posts
86 years

Madrid is live.

I'll be adding threads to outline the situations we have to respond to there over the next couple days, although if you have your own things you want to do, go ahead and get rolling with that. THey've got a week that they're there (longer, really, if you want your character to be there longer), you can do as much as you want, although everyone should have at least one thread showing things they're doing there.
PM
^
Delia Dryden
 Posted: Dec 14 2016, 06:19 AM
Stealth

141 angst

Izzy
260 posts
27 years

Delia will be going over on the boat with Kaida (and needs to do a thread about that).
PM
^
Rose Pineda
 Posted: Dec 14 2016, 07:03 AM
Nightengale

572 angst

Crypt
562 posts
28 years

Lorna is teleporting with Alex. She has an assignment; I will coordinate with Mike and Eve.

Rose is working with Ryan, and has been instructed to coordinate with Adhira. I will contact Kel
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0