-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

{Madrid} Impact Aid, April 4 | Adhira
Rose Pineda
 Posted: Jan 20 2017, 04:05 PM
Nightengale

572 angst

Crypt
562 posts
28 years

Rose wiped the sweat off of her forehead as she headed back to grab a bottle of water. This was...this was what God had put her on the Earth to do. Minister to those who needed help. To give succor to those in need. She was good at this. It was interesting for Rose to talk with the volunteers as well. She was boots on the ground, like the other Doctor and Nurses. This wasn't her show, but she was happy to help. Rose had always, always stayed abreast of all the new developments in emergency medicine, as well as those agencies like the WHO and Doctors without Borders who worked with less than fortunate. She'd followed the Ebola outbreak in Africa with fascination, always thankful for the infrastructure available to first world countries.

That was one of the main problems here. Like home, treating mutants was a thankless job in that, it could get you in trouble. The clinics in the region were sparse, and the Brotherhood brought valuable supplies. She wished she'd been able to help with the ordering of supplies, but Lila was very smart - and why worry with that. Besides, she wasn't an admin person. She was a boots on the ground person. It's why she did what she did.

She found there was something...nice...in working in anonymity. This wasn't New York. People didn't know her as the Nightingale. In fact, she'd apparently been dubbed "Rojo" by one person, and that had stuck. She was one of the few Brotherhood to speak fluent Spanish, though her dialect was slightly different. At least it wasn't Castilian, though she was mocked for her accent. Even more so - the amount of people who saw "Pineda" and expected...not the flaming red head. It made her smile.

She hadn't expected to be apart from Ryan so long. Oh, she was perfectly fine being independent, but she hadn't understood the scope of his job until they got here. Somewhere, in the back of her mind, she'd expected to stay with him more than not - but that had proven impractical. He was the PR guy; she was medical personnel, and while she could fight...she really, really didn't want to. Not after the whole Kilpatrick thing. She would, if she had to, but...

Rose slipped into the break room, ready to take fifteen minutes to scarf down some food. They hadn't had any traumas yet - which was good, but she suspected in a few days they might. There were hints of people not being happy for the Brotherhood there. Erik had seemed pensive. She hadn't had a chance to see Chloe, yet - but everyone had a job, and they were doing it well, she supposed. She was pleasantly surprised to find Adhira, the Brotherhood's newest doctor, in the break room as well. They'd met a few times, always briefly, in order to get ready for the mission. Rose didn't even know what type of Doctor she was; only she was the GP for the Brotherhood right now. She seemed nice, and had that air she always associated with the abuelas; that strong woman don't cross me because I'm right - just accept it air. It was familiar and it was pleasant. She was glad there was a strong woman in charge of this whole situation, but Rose also knew how emotionally draining that could be. And so, Rose reached out, speaking in Spanish out of habit.

"How are you holding up? Get any lunch yet?" She hated being that person, knowing she'd met them several times, but forgetting names, so she offered , "Rose Pineda. The one they'd now dubbed Red..." She continued in Spanish, unless there was a look of confusion on Adhira's face....
PMEmail
^
Adhira Nayar
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 10:00 AM
Nagini

27 angst

Kel
193 posts
4500+ years

The number of languages Adhira spoke was literally beyond memory m, really her biggest problem was she occasionally had was muddling old and dead languages with their modern counterparts. So when the little red head PA came up speaking to her in accented Spanish she simply blinked and responded in the same, she'd been using it since she's landed after all so it was now ‘topmost’ in her mind after a few slips she had it firmly down again. “Hello.” Adhira smiled at the girl gesturing for her to sit, “please join me.”

Catching that she'd forgotten her name Addy held out a hand, “Adhira Gill, M.D” clearly not a fan, or she'd been recognized. Gratifyingly she'd actually been spotted by a few fans while she'd been working, it was nice. Worrisome for her image but nice to see she had some global appeal.

“How are you holding up dear?” She asked passing the tea pitcher.
PMEmail
^
Rose Pineda
 Posted: Feb 25 2017, 12:47 PM
Nightengale

572 angst

Crypt
562 posts
28 years

While English was her first language, Spanish was also a first language; she'd been reared in a bi-lingual house hold, a household that predominantly still spoke Spanish. Thus, when she spoke, she spoke what came naturally in this situation - Spanish. When there was comprehension on Adhira's face, and a return in Spanish, her brain didn't even consciously acknowledge, but staying in Spanish. It was a comfortable language for her, and she'd been speaking pretty much only that since landing.... Thank God Ryan understood and spoke back - though his accent was amusing. And, to be fair, her accent was more Puerto Rican...

She nodded offering a thanks and grabbing a bottle of water. She knew better than to drink water from the tap in this area. It was one of the (many) struggles. Clean water. Sure, it was better than some areas, but she would never, ever make fun of tap water again after her stint in Madrid.

Rose shook Addy's hand, offering, "Pleased to meet you....I work out of NY General...ER...." The medical professional in her was deeply curious where she practiced - or maybe she just practiced with the Brotherhood, but one of the things she was trying to accept and enjoy was the fact that she was just another person here. Her fame was not recognized, and she wasn't known as the Nightengale. In New York, it was an asset, but she'd shied a bit away from that fame after her run in with Kilpatrick.

Rose clearly didn't know much about Adhira save she was the Brotherhood's doctor. She wasn't a person who followed Bollywood, preferring romantic comedies and dramedies to international movies. Plus, she never would connect a doctor as a famous actress. Well, except that one woman on Big Bang Theory. She had a PHd....

Smiling, she drank deeply of her water. "It's a lot like home for me, honestly. I'm glad there haven't been any major traumas, but I'm, unfortunately, sure they will come about. It's been a while since I've worked with pregnant women who just needed...normal pregnant things...so, it's also nice to see something positive in a not as positive thing...." She chuckled and had to make fun of herself. "Of course, I'm also seeing a lot less of Ryan than I do at home, so that amuses me....." Rose assumed everyone knew that she was with Ryan, as she was staying with him on the boat, and the teleporters had brought her to him.

"How about you? How's it going running the clinic?" In the back of her mind, she wondered if she could, when this was all over, pick Adhira's brain about running the clinic. She was determined to get her clinic off the ground - with or without Erik's backing...
PMEmail
^
Adhira Nayar
 Posted: Feb 25 2017, 06:40 PM
Nagini

27 angst

Kel
193 posts
4500+ years

Addy was a cunning old snake so while there were thousands of ‘Ryan’s’ in New York she was sure the way the world worked meant the odd were decent that the little red head was talking about the angel boy. “Gabriel?” She questioned with a open smile.

There was no jealousy or ire in her tone; why would there be? She'd had her fun and if she was a touch disappointed that he wasn't available to be her kept man, it was fleeting. He was after all just a man. Nothing to get worked up over.

“He seems like a good man-” Addy raised her bottle in amused salute “hope you two can find a few moments to enjoy Spain together.” Ahh Spain...she had fond memories of the country..of course last time she'd spent any time here was in the 1400’s…

Drawn back to the present Addy smiled at the professionally curious question; “Oh just fine. Some members don't like to keep appointments, some are afraid of doctors-” addy shrugged “Nothing I did not expect considering what many of them have had to endure as mutants.”

Addy grimaced as she caught the scent of rain, “That's going to be a pain...don't suppose you are a weather witch?” She asked lightly,gesturing to the forming couds, forked tongue flicking out to taste the air.
PMEmail
^
Rose Pineda
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 06:28 AM
Nightengale

572 angst

Crypt
562 posts
28 years

Truthfully, it was nice to have another medical professional around who understood the plight of mutants worldwide. She didn't know Adhira's politics, if she was one of those mutants who didn't like humans, or if she tolerated, or if she understood all were God's creatures, and they all needed to be helped. It didn't matter, honestly. Adhira healed the sick, and didn't leave anyone wondering or hurting.

Chuckling, Rose assented to the question about Ryan. "The one and only. He and I met last November, and he's been helping me around the city. " She assumed that Adhira knew about her mission; after all, everyone seemed to know, and if she didn't, she assumed the other woman would just ask. "He and I got fairly close during a difficult time I had, and then when Rahne's child was kidnapped....and now? well...you would think that I'd see more of him living with him, but sadly - the past few weeks, our schedules haven't matched up." She paused, not wanting to sound like she was bad mouthing Ryan. She wasn't! "I work night shift a lot. 12s, so I've been pulling a lot of nights - and he works days, so breakfast is an important time...." Smiling widely, she nibbled at her lunch. Rose was definitely the type to chatter away, friendly and open. She seemed to earnestly want to get to know the other woman, and was just nice.

She raised her bottle with Addy's, laughing. "He is! Oh, yeah - he's a fighter, with all the toughness of one, and I am well aware of his reputation with the women, but he is a very good man.....you should see him with kids!" Sipping her bottle, she nodded. "I've never been. Oldest of four. Travel wasn't exactly a priority, so I'm very excite..well, I've been to Puerto Rico. Papi's family....so, yes, I hope I can see some of Madrid...if there is time..." She was eager to take in some of the sights, but not if it would compromise the clinic.

Rose nodded, understanding. "I'm, unfortunately, used to that part....so the ..normalcy is what throws me. I'm hoping to be able to do some street medical aid in the next few days. It's something I do in New York; some day I hope to open a clinic, but funding is an issue..." Yes, a free clinic for the poor, and the unregistered mutants was a dream...maybe some day.

With an easy laugh, she shook her head. "No. I know one, but she's a bit far away. I control pain...so trauma victims love me, and if we get any women in labor in? I'll be the best epidural they've ever had....this area could use some rain...." She noticed the forked tongue and it didn't even phase her. The good doctor must be a type of snake mutant, like Chloe.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0