-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply

Allerdyce, St. John - 28, Pyro | Ryan Kwanten
St. John Allerdyce
 Posted: Nov 28 2014, 08:03 PM
Pyro

5 angst

Alphena
65 posts
25 years

ST. JOHN ALLERDYCE
Player Info
Player Alias:Alphena
Activity Level: Based on Work Schedule. 1/week min.
RP Experience: 13

Top 3 Authors: Patrica Briggs, Tamora Pierce, Anne Bishop
Top 3 Bands: Frank Sinatra, Weird Al, P!nk
Top 3 Movies:Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Serenity

Mod Interest: I don't have the time to devote to it.
Character Info
Faction: Brotherhood
Codename: Pyro
Face Claim: Ryan Kwanten

Eyes & Hair: Brown Eyes, Dishwater Blonde Hair
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 161 lbs
Scars, Marks or Tats: Some burn scars on his hands, couple scars from childhood (scraped knee and the like).

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
Pyrokinesis: Pyro has the ability to mentally control fire. He can take a flame of any size - he needs something just past a spark - and cause it to grow in size and intensity. The flames in his control can be shaped however he desires, and do not spread or die out unless he wishes. He’s often shaped his flames as “living” creatures, which he’ll then move about. They have no ability to move on their own, it is simply his will moving them. Since the flames are controlled by his mind, they no longer require a fuel source beyond oxygen. Pyro’s flames have more solidity to them than a normal fire, but anything they touch would still be affected by the heat.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
Pyro can only control the flames that he can see. Not ones he sees over television, but the ones he sees with his own eyes. Thus he is limited to about a 100-yard range.

Pyro also cannot be hurt by flames in his control, the ones he isn’t controlling can burn him like anyone else.

Lastly, Pyro cannot make the fire. He can only control fire that already exists.

Any form of water would impact his flames, by either requiring him to put in more effort, or to douse the flames existence. Also, depriving the area he's controlling flames in of oxygen will cause the flames to go out.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
He's well known to other members of the Brotherhood, as well as some X-Men. He knows Rogue, Bobby, Wolverine, and Cyclops well. He's completely loyal to Magneto and the Brotherhood. He also had a fling with Tabitha Smith.

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
I would like to see him grow into his own - not feel like the sidekick, but someone to be reckoned with. I would also like to see him learn to appreciate the value of other humans(mutants) as more than one-night stands, associates, or somehow to be used.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
I want something to come from his journalism - something that makes him have to make a choice. I want him to commit acts of badassery. And question morality and mortality. There's something about walking through flames regularly that convinces him he can play god. Maybe the flames turn on him (power malfunction?)

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
Mm. That there, that's one good looking man. Oh wait, couple hairs out of place, probably time for a hair cut, but who has time? I'm not sure all those workouts are doing anything for my legs, but my abs and arms look great. A flash of a charming boyish smile, and all the ladies are after me. Maybe I should get a hair cut... before I singe it off.. Ah well. It won't be the first or last time if I do.

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
Well, it depends on what I'm going to go do. No matter what, I promise I'm looking amazing. Around the house or whatever, I tend to walk around in just my jeans. Easier to have some fun that way. When I'm really relaxed I pull out my jeans that are so worn out I should toss them, but they look so good on me I just can't part with them yet. Out on the town, I like to dress up a little. A suit and tie - though the tie is usually loose - is always a sure way to get the ladies looking. Sharp dressed man, ya know? On a mission it's clean cut, nothing fancy, dark colors. Lady Fire will draw enough attention.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
Women. Women are pretty and gorgeous and many times dumb. And honestly, a lot of people are dumber than they think they are. But I've always had a gift at making people think they're amazing, and the gals who think that I think they're awesome make me happy because they come home with me for the night. If they're not women, well... then I just like seeing if I can piss them off.

I will also do anything to please Lady Fire. The joy of watching her devour things. People.... Once I realized that this relationship I have with her makes ME more powerful... I'm not the one to sit there and hide. Look at the Riots. The fact that people were stupid enough to have all these issues with Mutants... Sometimes I just want to burn them all to ash.

I don't like people smarter than me, I know they exist, but still. It's just something that makes me grumpy that even happens. I don't expect people to realize how smart I am most of the time, I hide it in my jokes and adapting the way I talk to fit the general consensus of the group. But I still like being the smart one in the room - there are exceptions but not many.

Well. If I have to admit it.... I'm a hot head. Ok? I hate everyone and when they say stupid things... I just want to smack them and burn them and .... yeah. It doesn't take much for me to explode. Hatred and racism kinda flares me up pretty fast.

Bobby Drake - He's his own category of piss me off. That jerk ... I just wish he'd realize what he has. And that everyone else could see that the sun doesn't shine out of his ass. Sure. He's a good guy - and that's going to get him killed. Him and his rules and the whole scene at that school. I can't have that many rules in my life... and he's going to be just like that Cyclops bastard and he doesn't even see it. But I swear to God, no one else gets to kill that ice-freak but Lady Fire.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
I was raised by my parents not too far from Sydney. My mother was a secretary and my father was a doc. They weren't bad folks, wanted me to do well. Ma and I played Scrabble a lot. Dad took me to the gaffa a couple times, we bonded. In school I was just that smart kid - until I decided to hide it. Sometimes I wish I still talked to them ... but then again, I don't. It's hard to respect people after they look at their child as he's talking with Lady Fire and being called a freak. They only sent me away because they're ashamed that their son that was supposed to be a perfect kid was some sort of "monster". It bothered me once, but I learned what power is, and they never had any.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
Secondary school - I hung out with some different folks. And while a lot of us liked burning things to burn things, after a while, I realized that Lady Fire called out to me. I wanted to befriend her, and when I learned to listen, I just started burning things. When I got in trouble with the law, my parents found this American school that welcomed "gifted" children. Bunch of Seppos hiding from what they were is all it was. No reason for us to hide. That's something I learned from both Magneto, and the Riots. And if I'm not going to worry about hiding, then I'm just going to be myself - and hey, I'm pretty awesome.

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
I walked a line during the Riots. I was able to get some articles covering the Riots in to papers and my name "Ryan Duran" became popular. I took it easy, but I singed a few dozen people who tried to bully me about for being a Mutant. I'm not ashamed who I am, I'm much more powerful with Lady Fire at my side than most people realize. Many people give me a hard time, but the moment Magneto returned to give me an outlet, I was ready. But the fact that I was able to give first hand accounts of things going on, I'm now a regular columnist for the New York Times.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
I'm in the Brotherhood, and I will support the actions of Magneto for as long as he makes sense. Magneto has shown me the power that I contain, and encouraged Lady Fire's spread - and that's earned my loyalty. For now at least.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
I keep my own apartment that's mostly for taking ladies to. It's also an address for Ryan Duran - the apartment is in his name. I also keep a room at Brotherhood headquarters to use when I'm being active with activities. But my writing pays my bills well enough, that I just pickpocket a little for amusement, rather than fill out the account. Only close associates know to look at my apartment for me.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
Lady Fire is my mistress. She allows me to have lovers, but none can replace her. Only because I have physical needs.

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
I can spin words into whatever story want to. I can sound like I belong anywhere. And in any intellectual class. I can act to be whatever part I need. These skills help me out to achieve what I set out to do. I'm awesome like that.

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
I will admit to two of the deadly sins. Pride and Greed. I like money. Money is the best thing ever and I will make as much effort to get as much as I can. And Lady Fire supports my efforts. So there. And Pride... well, is it Pride if you know you're the best? I mean seriously. OH! and showing Bobby that he isn't the tough guy he thinks he is.

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
That I'm awesome? Oh wait, I covered that. Um... I'm Australian born? I don't know if that was clear. I don't always understand some Seppo things and I like my Aussie slang. It makes more sense than what American's use... and often at least looks like real words... I don't even know what twerking is.... I'm a decent pickpocket (Money!). Oh! I'm finishing my first novel. That's a cool thing. It's a history of the Race Riots in varying countries. Yep. That's me.

PM
^
St. John Allerdyce
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 09:14 PM
Pyro

5 angst

Alphena
65 posts
25 years

Ready for review
PM
^
Kel
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 09:38 PM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Thank you for your application! It could take us up to 48 hours to review the app and get back to you. In instances where we need a third day, you will be notified by an admin.
PMEmail
^
Root
 Posted: Dec 4 2014, 06:13 AM
N/A

3095 angst

Oatu
531 posts
N/A years

Congratulations! You are approved. Make sure you fill out your Face Claim & Who’s Who. We have a community AIM chat group for plotting, and if you'd like to be involved, contact a staff member. Lastly, familiarize yourself with the posting timeline for new threads.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0