-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Carter, Jackson - 18, Phobos | Colton Haynes
Jackson Carter
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 01:13 PM
Phobos

48 angst

Arjay
567 posts
18 years

Jackson Carter
Player Info
Player Alias:Arjay
Activity Level:As much as possible
RP Experience: 15 years

Top 3 Authors:Jim Butcher, Neil Gaiman, George R. R. Martin
Top 3 Bands:Counting Crows, Aerosmith,
Top 3 Movies: Don’t really watch many

Mod Interest: Maybe eventually
Character Info
Faction: X-Men
Codename: Phobos
Face Claim: Colton Haynes

Eyes & Hair: Green and Brown
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 180
Scars, Marks or Tats: Not that I know of.

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
Empathy - Jackson posesses a specialized telepathic power to sense and manipulate the emotions of those around him. He is able to focus on one person’s emotional state, or can broadcast an emotional ‘aura’ in the immediate area around him. This power can work in a blind radius up to 30 feet, 50 feet if he can see the person he's focused on.

Telepathy:
Inherent abilities:

*Telecommunication: The ability to send/receive surface thoughts as a form of communication. This only works if both people speak the same language; if there is a difference in native languages the telepath only gets vague images and not full thoughts.
*Sense presence: Can ‘feel’ other minds around, and hear surface thoughts. Targets:anyone in range.
*Mind Image: The ability to project one’s image into the mind of another.
Chosen powers:
*Relay - Can link up multiple minds to speak to one another through him, at a range of 100' or line of sight, up to 8 others. Can concert with another telecommunication/telepath to increase group. Willing minds can also share memories/information faster this way.
*Deep scan: Can delve into an unprotected mind and read any thoughts, or memories that person has/ had. Single target per use.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
Jackson can feel all of the powerful emotions around him, and it takes great discipline to keep them from affecting him as if they were his own emotions. Alone in a crowd, it’s hard to keep straight where the crowd ends and he begins, his emotions are only one set in a whole crowd that he’s feeling, after all. This makes it very hard to have a single opinion on many things, since his feelings end up colored by all of the (often contradictory) opinions around him.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
Jackson will be arriving with Cassi Robinson.

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
Jackson wants to learn how to shut out the emotional ‘noise’ around him to help solidify his sense of self.

Long term, he wants to perfect his emotional control… whether this is to be able to help people or control people will depend on RP. With his powers, he could be a powerful force for either side, he just needs to develop to see what side he ends up on.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
Anything epic and long-spanning (without being overplayed) would be awesome. I’m really not picky about plots as long as they’re inclusive and well-thought out.

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
Well, my hair does what I want it to, doesn’t take too much effort, that’s pretty cool. I don’t have to worry about my skin, I guess, that’s a plus. It’d be nice if I could grow a goatee or something, so no one can say I’m baby-faced. Maybe get something pierced… don’t know what, but something. Or a tattoo. As long as it’s not lame.

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
Are ‘favorite clothes’ even a thing? These jeans are all right. I tried a leather jacket, but it just looked like I was trying to look like Cassi, and that was pretty lame, so that’s out. As long as it’s not those stupid polo shirts my mom made me wear going out to dinner, I guess I like my clothes all right.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
These days? Anything.

What, not good enough? Fine. I can’t stand bullies. “Oh, I’m a powerless human who’s got other powerless humans to back him up! Hey, mutie, whatcha going to do when I punch you in the nose? Huh? Or this time? Wait, what? Stop doing that! OW! What’s going on! It’s almost like being a powerless human and picking on the people who can do crazy things just with their goddamned brains is a bad idea or something! Ow! Someone save me from the consequences of my own actions!”

Oh yeah, I can’t stand stupid people, either.

Happy? I don’t know. The looks on those idiots faces when we kicked their asses made me smile. Music’s pretty awesome, I guess. It helps keep the feelings straight, kind of a mental cue for me, I guess.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
My mom and dad are cool. They didn’t hate me for getting in trouble or being a mutant, which was good. They didn’t go making a big deal about Cassi sticking with me, either, which was even better. We were all worried that they’d start making this big huge deal like she was my girlfriend or something, I’m glad we didn’t have to deal with that. I think Mom liked having more kids around than just me. Dad wasn’t too big on it, I’m pretty sure it was him that decided I wasn’t going to have brothers or sisters, but he didn’t make a big deal out of it.

Look, they’re my family, and they did all right by me, okay? Don’t ask me to go getting all frickin’ sappy on you.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
Damn it… Have to cut deep, don’t you? All right, all right… you mind if I smoke? Okay. Thanks.

I think I was… eleven? Everyting was kind of crazy back then. People were scared, people were mad… all over those race riots. Mostly it was the adults that were mad. Kids like me… we were just scared over all the big scary shit that people said was coming. There were all these pictures you’d see of Sabretooth, and they made sure they were as scary as you could get… me? I was terrified. Like, I’m pretty sure that they all thought there was something wrong with me, I was so terrified. I know now that I really wasn’t, I was just feeling everyone else’s fear on top of mine, but I didn’t know that then. Made me hate going to school, hate going out in public… then I started feeling feelings that everyone else was feeling, and not just people that were feeling the same as me. That was when I really started feeling like I was nuts. I don’t think we figured out what was going on until… the next year? It was hard to keep track, the whole time is just one big ball of suck to me. I know that by the time I was fourteen, I knew the score, and had learned a little bit how to cope with things. Not really control it, but it’s… I guess like how you learn to fake it and push through when you have an untreated mental disorder? Oh, and trust me, there are a lot of people with those.

I know, I know, it’s not all that big and flashy sounding, but it seemed like it. I mean, can you imagine being a kid in… what was it, sixth grade? Fifth? And not be able to tell how you feel, or if your thoughts are your own? I can barely remember those years, at least not the things I was doing. What I remember is a giant ball of crazy chaos. The only thing I really remember clearly is being at home, and my dad. My dad was the one that really helped me get a handle on it… you know, all that macho crap, ‘bury it all down, don’t show it.’ Well, that macho crap can have some truth to it. You have to push it all aside and think instead of feel sometimes if you want to survive… that was what that whole mess taught me.

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
Well, like I said, it was a pretty scary time. Everyone in my class was scared that the mutant monsters were coming for them. Then when I figured out what was going on with me, my whole family was scared that someone would be going be coming for me. Aside from that, I was pretty young when the race riots happened… no one really looked much at a bunch of pre-teens sniffling in their classes. Most of my problems were in high school. I slipped up by the time I was a sophomore… no one really figured out what all I could do, but they knew that I could do something to them that wasn’t fun. I started catching the blame for lots of stuff, pretty much anything they didn’t like. Got in a lot of fights, lost a bunch of them. Started winning them more as time went by… you can only get your tail kicked so many times before you learn how to get through them on top. Cassi helped with that… she can really throw down, let me tell you. Don’t ever piss her off.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
Cassi’s stuck with me for the past few years… you kind of need backup if you’re not going to come home black and blue every day being a mutant right now. And she helps keep all the noise in my head down… it’s easier when there’s someone else to focus on, right? So we stuck together, and… well, school’s done, and there’s not much for a mutant kid in the hometown. I heard about places other than that Xavier’s school, but… well, look, I said I don’t like bullies, right? And the people at the Xavier’s place are supposed to be all right. So that’s where we decided to head.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
I’ve been living with my parents for a while. I’ve got some money saved up from odd jobs, too. I’ve been working at a shop over the summers for a while, doing the whole ‘assistant’ thing for the fabricators there… they didn’t let me do much until I was eighteen, but they said I had a good head for it. It kept some money in my wallet.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
Look, for the last time, Cassi is not my girlfriend. She’s just, you know, Cassi. She sticks with me, and I stick with her, and we watch each other’s backs, and… look, that’s it, okay?

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
Well, like I said, I got to assist for a while at the shop my dad worked at. He said I was good at it, and working with metal’s pretty cool. He taught e more at home than he could at the shop. I’m a little rusty with my welding, I didn’t get to practice as much as I’d like, but he said I was kind of a natural at it. It was good work to help focus on something, and that helps block the noise out, too, so I used to do anything he’d ask me to whenever I could.

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
I… uh… well I like music, and… well, okay, tell anyone and I will deny it, but power ballads are pretty cool. They’re easy to listen to, pretty straightforward emotionally. I… look, I wouldn’t say I have a lot of them on my iPod, but… stop looking at me like that! I, uh, smoke, beer isn’t bad, when you can get ahold of it. Have to say that I liked it when we kicked the hell out of those humans when- look, will you get off the whole power ballad thing? God, I shouldn’t have even answered this one.

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
All right. Just… let us stay here, okay? We’re both kind of crazy… don’t tell Cassi I said that, but we are. She’s got her… issues, and I think you’ve gotten a good idea of my stuff, and it either works all right together and we’re good, or else I get pretty unbalanced like her, and… look I just want to be able to be me, okay? And maybe saving the world would be kind of cool… you guys get to fight jerks a lot, right? I’m kind of good at that. And I can just feel that there’s more going on that I’m not letting my power do. Like, there’s the whole world out there, and I can feel that there’s something I can do, but I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to try too much without people that know how the whole ‘mutant’ thing works there to watch, okay? I mean, I don’t need help. I get by on my own. But I guess a step up never hurt anyone, right?

PMAIM
^
Jackson Carter
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 01:16 PM
Phobos

48 angst

Arjay
567 posts
18 years

This app is ready to be reviewed.
PMAIM
^
Eve
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 01:21 PM
Plot Goddess

1285 angst

Ebe
254 posts
Older than my teeth... years

Thank you for your application! It could take us up to 48 hours to review the app and get back to you. In instances where we need a third day, you will be notified by an admin.
PM
^
Raven
 Posted: Jun 6 2015, 08:55 PM
Raven Can Be A Boy's Name

1240 angst

R A V E N
214 posts
N/A years

Congratulations! You are approved. Make sure you fill out your Face Claim & Who’s Who. We have a community AIM chat group for plotting, and if you'd like to be involved, contact a staff member. Lastly, familiarize yourself with the posting timeline for new threads.
PM
^
Jackson Carter
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 12:53 AM
Phobos

48 angst

Arjay
567 posts
18 years

Power Addition:

Jackson has developed the following power (purchased via angst):

Telepathy:
Ethereal Projection –
Ability to separate and control one’s astral body, visiting the astral plane and communicating with others through that means. Range to connect with another is unlimited but must have a preexisting ‘link’ to make contact. Single target. Physically vulnerable while on astral plane.
Psychic illusions: Can create realistic psychic images or sensations, making the person sense things that they perceive as real in the real world. Can either be made a part of their active life and affect their responses to the world around them, or it can override them completely and leave them otherwise unresponsive to the outside world, effectively unconscious.

3 Senses affected: Sight, Hearing, Touch
PMAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0