-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Cassidy Robinson, X-Student; Fracture
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 04:02 PM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

Cassidy Robinson
Player Info
Player Alias:Crypt
Activity Level:A lot. At least 2-4/ day
RP Experience: 25+ years
Top 3 Authors: Patricia Briggs, Kelley Armstrong, Jim Butcher, Carrie Vaughn
Top 3 Bands: Everything! Musicals, John Barrowman, Metallica
Top 3 Movies: Resident Evil, Rent, Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Mod Interest: Potentially; I love telling stories
Character Info
Faction: Potential X-Men
Codename: Fracture
Face Claim: Bex Taylor-Klaus
Eyes & Hair: Blue & Black
Height:5’6
Weight: 120lbs
Tattoos:Cassi has a tattoo on her back. It says “One Life. One Chance.”

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
Telekinesis - Her most obvious and violent mutant ability is her telekinesis. In short, Fracture can move things with her mind. She has the capacity to fling, push, move objects from one place to another. As of right now, her use of the power is like using a sledgehammer to kill a spider; she has very little fine motor control. Most of these limitations are linked in with her general emotional outlook. (See drawbacks). Her power is very raw, but powerful. and as such, is capable of big effects - which isn’t always advantageous to keeping a low profile..

When you look at the hard core parameters of her power, it is all based on the weight of the object. From the science point of view. telekinesis is moving matter with the mind. The more matter, the harder it will be to move. The lighter an item, the more force she can put behind the motion. After all, F=MA(2). Flinging a pencil with enough force to lodge into a wall? Easy. Trying to move a heavy sofa across the room? She could do it, but the damage would come from the weight of the object, not the force of the object slamming into the person. Lifting a car? Absolutely - but moving it more than a few feet, unless extreme concentration is used, just won’t happen.

At the point of entry into the school, Cassi has demonstrated the following instances of TK: Shoving objects across the room to interpose it between people, slamming doors/drawers, grabbing a towel from across the room, and shoving people against a wall. Things tend to look like the set of Poltergeist when she gets angry.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
Fracture’s telekinesis is tied to her emotional state. On a good day, Cassi is just a quiet little ball of hate, keeping things close to her chest. She has control. She can choose to use her powers. However, when she starts getting more emotional, that control slips exponentially. If she is in a full blown rage, things are moving around and property damage is almost a given. When she is frightened (which doesn’t happen often), things tend to slide about - even if she is asleep.

Her other major limitation is the control itself. Her telekinesis is akin to a four year old in a crystal shop. Can she be careful? Sure! It requires extreme concentration. Trying to do something like putting a computer back together just isn’t happening at this point in her life. She can do things like bring a brush to her, or grab a pen if she has her attention on it. Writing with a pen via TK is exceedingly hard.

Danger Intuition - Cassi has an innate knowledge when something might go wrong. While it can be easily brushed off as a learned survival skill, it is actually part of her mutant powers. She knows when a situation is dangerous - but not necessarily how it is dangerous. Her power manifests itself as the feeling of a light electrical current dancing across her skin. This is incredibly uncomfortable, and not something she can ignore.

She has a starting "Max limit" of 500 pounds, enabling her to push away several average people in a fight, with the upper limit (once trained) of 1000 pounds. It is within range, in extreme situations and when RP appropriate to do a burst for more.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
She is coming to the school with Jackson Carter. They both hope to actively interact with the X-Men and X-Students

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
Short Term: In the immediate future, Cassi needs a home. She needs to start learning better control over her power. She wants to do something that makes Jax proud of her, and worthy of him taking a chance on her.

Long Term We all want to be the Red Ranger, right? In the very long, let's dream about it, but not believe it can ever happen, Cassi wants to be an X-Man. She wants to be a hero. She wants to become the person that makes her mother proud.
As far as working with her powers, Cassi would like to develop her power enough so that she can actually fly, cause flying - it's the shit. She'd also like to have fine motor control. Maybe, just maybe, she'll find the patience to learn that one of these days.

How do you want your character to develop over the next month? The next year?

I’d love to see Cassi make another friend besides Jax. Her loyalty and friendship to Jax is quite concrete, and she doesn’t trust people. She watched the riots kill her mother, and the idea of losing someone else terrifies her. I’d love to see her develop her powers into something more than just a sledgehammer. I’d love to see her find a rival; probably someone who picks on Jax; she could care less about anyone thinking poorly of her (or at least, that’s what she’ll say), but mess with her BFF…..

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
I am game for anything; I just love writing. I’d love to see some mutant on mutant action. I love character development threads. I’d love to see some X-Student global plots; perhaps someone in the Hellions isn’t happy the X-Students are about and start playing the people off of each other. I’d love to see training threads. I’m the type of writer to read other people’s backgrounds and just come up with ideas. Of course, the obvious plot is for Jaxx and Cassi to join the X-Students, and ultimately join the X-Men. Oh, and I want to writing in a thread with Christian Frost, because - John Barrowman.

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
When I look in the mirror...what sort of fucking game is this. Jesus, you have your own two eyes - don’t you? Fine Whatever. I’m a girl; yeah, some people have thought I wasn’t. And no, I’m not a dyke. I like the cock - as long as an asshole isn’t attached. I’m eighteen, but don’t let my age fool you, I’m not as stupid as my age might suggest. Oh, wait, that’s right..only physical appearance. Shit.

I love my spiky black hair. It’s me; attitude all the way. Leave it alone, it stays out of my face. Mess with it a bit, it’s all wild. How’s that for you - hair as a metaphor for my attitude..which still isn’t physical appearance. Jesus. I don’t know. I work out, so I’ve got what a lot of people think is a boyish figure. I’m more muscle than soft curves and girly girl stuff. I throw a mean right hook. Guys tell me that my eyes scare the shit out of them. Girls hate me for them. Ice blue. Filled with hate most of the time - unless I’m talking with Jax, but that’s later in the interview, right?

Honestly, I don’t think about my looks a lot. I bathe, I practice personal hygiene. I wear clean clothes. Yeah, my jeans are usually snug, and I’ve been told I have a nice ass, but really - who comments on that about themselves! I am not some self involved little Barbie interested in make up and blow dryers. Short form? Black hair. Blue eyes. More muscle than soft curves. More boyish that voluptuous - and don’t feel sorry for me for that, either. I haven’t had ANY trouble in that department.

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
This. Now, this is an easy question. I love my leather jacket. It was my Mom’s. I’ve had it since, well..since that night. Wear it everywhere. Otherwise, I’m a low maintence type of gal. Ripped jeans, tank tops or band T-shirts work for me. I love my Doc Martins. If someone was going to point out “style,” it would probably be with my piercings and my tattoo; yes, I have both. My tattoo can be seen when I wear a tank top. Ask me about it sometime. If I don’t hate you, I might explain why I have what I have tattooed on my back. I wear a black leather bracelet on my wrist; it was a gift from Jax a year ago. I wear a ring on a necklace around my neck, too; another one of the few pieces I have left from my Mom.

I can clean up okay. When I had Sunday dinner with Jax’s family, well, you have to show respect, right? I have a few pairs of nice black jeans and a few...I guess you’d call them blouses. They’re non band shirts, nice things you’d find in the Junior’s section of a department store. Once, and only once, did Jax get me in a dress. It was Christmas. The dress was green, knit, and was just like wearing a long sweater. Once was enough.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
Really? REALLY? You’re actually fucking asking me this question? Bitch - I’m always angry. Just ask my foster parents, or the homes I’m sent to when the foster parents realize they can’t deal with the too smart, too angry young woman who moves shit with her mind. I’m angry because my Dad walked out on my Mom and I once he figured out what she was. Yeah, a mutant. I’m angry because I watched my Mom beaten to death by assholes who hated her for the same reason - during the riots. She gave her life so I could live free...free, eh? Fuck that. I then got to be the salve the the fucking system for eight more years. I’d rather have hidden away, or some shit than deal with all the looks of disappointment or hate that constantly come towards me. Easier to strike first, hurt first, than be hit, right? So what makes me angry? Pretty much every fucking person in the world.

That said, I gotta admit -cause you’re giving me that fucking look - that my anger also makes me pretty fucking sad. I mean, almost daily you hear some happy ending bullshit story. Why the fuck can’t I have that? I mean - in the grand scheme of things, I’m not a bad person. I just don’t like people, or emotional ties, or assholes. Too many assholes. I was left alone when my Mom died, and stayed that way until Jackson showed up, or, well, until the crap got beaten out of him. It’s a pathetic situation. I know this. But, yeah, I’m pretty damn sad..lonely..isolated...pretty much every fucking synonym you can think of because of this situation.

What makes me happy? Again. Easy. Jax is one. I don’t know what it is about him (No, we haven’t fucked), be he either drives me bat shit crazy, or he just soothes, you know. I feel like my insides are on fire most days, something always around the corner - but when he’s around, it’s like aloe on my burns. He can make me laugh. I also love dancing, and music. You’ll pretty much always find me with headphones on. Oh, and yeah - I like beating the shit out of assholes.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
*brief silences* Yeah, I was raised by my parents - sorta. I don’t remember much before Dad walked out. I remember trips to the park, and that he smelled like pine and he had a great laugh. Deep chested. I was his princess; he was my king. Then he found out Mom was a mutant. Oh, it wasn’t a big deal type of mutant; she could sense people’s emotions and tell when they were lying. That’s it. Nothing offensive - unless you were my father. I remember that fight. It was awful. I was six.

The next four years, well, it was Mom and I against the world. She rode my ass like no one else. Always made sure I had food on the table, roof over my head, and damn good grades. “Cassidy!” she’d say, “if you don’t pay attention to your school work, you won’t be able to get into the advance classes in high school, and then you won’t get into a good college.” College was a big deal to Mom; she had a nursing degree. She was awesome. We went hiking. Camping. She taught me self defense - and then the riots happened. They were awful. She knew they were coming before I had a clue. It let her shove me behind some garbage cans in front of the apartment block in which we lived. The guys beat the living shit out of her. I mean...ever. living. shit. I watched them take a stone and smash her face in, telling her muties had to die. Do you know what sound is made when teeth are broken out of a jaw? I do. I was terrified, but Mom fought back. She fought back like a lion, keeping their attention on them, not on me. It worked. They left her for dead. I crawled out and held Mom, desperately calling for help, while she died. Emotionally scared? Nah, not me.

What do you do with a kid who has no family? Dad couldn’t (or wouldn’t) be found. So, I got put into the system - and yes, everything they say about the system is true. There are some great families out there, and then there are those who just do it to get the kick back money. And then there are those who do it to prey on the kids. The first few years, I didn’t talk. Shocker, right? Therapy didn’t work. Mrs. Stenzil, she wouldn’t give up. Single woman who worked her ass off for her kids. She’d come in and hold me when my nightmares hit. She encouraged me to do well in school. She gave me...hope. Which is bullshit. Another one of the foster kids, Corey, she accused Mrs.,Stenzil of hitting her. Well, accusations have to be looked into - and all of us got moved out of that situation. It didn’t matter that it wasn’t true, or that I begged to stay. Six months of Mrs. Stenzil’s life was ruined by an asshole. Did I mention I hate them?

That was my high school career. By Junior year, I was labelled a trouble maker. I couldn’t find a placement, and thus was put in a group home. They’re fun, let me tell you. It was Jax’s family that gave me, sorta, a taste of what a family could be like. It’s not like they’re all Stepford or anything, but Jax somehow managed to convince them to let me stay over the summer. Separate rooms. LIke I said, Jax and I? We’re not like that. I’m pretty sure his Dad thought we either were, or that I was gay. Either way, don’t care - as long as they didn’t give Jax any shit. Now Jax says we need to go find help for me...for us - and so I’m following him half way across the United States. Who knows what happens next.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
I don’t want to talk about this. What do you mean I have to? This is complete and utter bullshit. *sullen silence* Fine. I figured I might be a bit different the day Mom died. I kinda knew something bad was coming. Skin started to feel like it was on fire. I didn’t want to say something - but I think Mom knew. That’s why she hid me. That’s why she died. It’s come in handy a bunch of other times too...going right down a hall instead of left. Right hall ends up having a major fight. The bad feeling before hitting up with a new family. That’s kept me out of a few bad places….but not the Jacobsons. That’s where I learned I had TK. See, one of the stereotypes of foster homes, well, it’s true. And Mr. Jacobson, well, apparently he needed something his wife wasn’t giving him, so he thought I would. I said no. Several times. He didn’t take it. It was...awful, until I felt something inside of me pop..and suddenly he was across the room. The entire room started spinning - well, the shit in the room started spinning, literally, as I screamed. Needless to say, I didn’t spend the rest of the night there. Left with Mom’s jacket, necklace and the clothes on my back.

Being a documented mutant absolutely changed my life. Some people wanted a mutant for the freak factor. Others refused to take me in. More bouncing around. It’s okay, I got used to being alone. That was freshmen year of high school. I survived the next three.

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
Yeah. Covered this. Race Riots killed my Mom. I saw it. She died in my arms. It was a pretty big fucking deal for me. I have seen that level of hate, and understand it. Struggled a long time - still do, to do that turn the other cheek bullshit Mom preached, but...she died for it. I would do her memory a disservice if I went off and just started killing assholes.

High school is filled with hate - before you add mutants to it. Hate is what brought Jax and I together. He’d gotten a rep of being an instigator. You know..the kids who start shit, but you could never pin anything on him. He always seemed pretty chill when I saw him. He had English with me Freshmen year; he didn’t call me the names other kids did after I was outed as a mutant. We had a few other classes together, but nothing terribly special until April 23. Yeah, I remember the date. Shut up. Anyway. Jax was getting harassed yet again. More assholes. My court mandated therapist had been working with me on my anger management. Jax always caused the back of my brain to buzz; I have no clue why. This time, this fight, I lost it. These kids were harassing him, and then one threw a punch. It hit. then I hit. A lot. With trash cans. I went Carrie on them. It felt good. Landed me out of school suspended, but hey - Jax came to visit me during my suspension, so that was a win. When he came by, we...connected. I don’t know how else to put it. When he was near, the flames that always wanted to consume me just...went away. I don’t understand it; I just know he helps, and I help him and we are really in tune with each other.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
Right now, I’m with Jax. I’ll follow him, wherever he says we need to go. I feel...more feral than human. He’s trying convince me that humanity isn’t filled with assholes and douchebags. I’m not sold on it, but I’m sold on him, so I’ll follow. We’re going to go found these people who can help both of us. Xavier’s School for Gifted People. Hope they all aren’t assholes. What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
We're working our way to head to this fancy school. I'm 18, so now I get the trust fund left by Mom. That means I, we, have some money. No, it's not a million, but it's enough to pay the bills for a while if I'm smart...and I'm damn smart. Mom saving me yet again.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
Does your character love, have a crush on, or like someone?

Look, for the last time, Jax is not my boyfriend. He’s just, you know, Jax. He sticks with me, and I stick with him, and we watch each other’s backs, and… look, that’s it, okay? Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
Who is the person inside and what are their talents?

I don’t brag about shit. But. I’ve spent the last eight years basically learning how to live on my own. I learned to pick locks from a chick in one home. Her name was Nat. I learned how to fight - really fight - but a guy named Emilio. He taught me to fight dirty, and I’m totally fine with that. I spent enough time with the angry people that I can figure out where the drug dealers are, how to contact them and other things cops like to label “Street savvy.” Mrs. Stenzil taught me how to mend clothes and cook. Shut up. Yes, I can cook. I took a bunch of classes at the Khan academy (mostly out of boredom), so apparently I know a whole lot about a whole lot of nothing. Oh, and First Aid. I took a First Aid / First Responder course over the summer. So, yeah, I can come onto a scene and do the ridiculous things they make you do. Marketable skills? Nothing.

There is one thing...one thing only Jax knows I can do, and I will punch you through the wall if you laugh. I can sing. Like, not shower good, but my chorus teacher in high school wanted me to try out for States. Great thing about being a foster kid? No one there to pay those fees. So, yeah. Another useless skill. Did I mention I can pick locks?

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
Look, just because I wear a leather jacket and I curse a lot doesn’t mean I steal shit, or sleep around, or knock over gas stations. I won’t count singing as a guilty pleasure because, well, I don’t feel guilty for singing. Jax gets pissed when I drink, and when I smoke - so I guess those would count as my guilty pleasures. I don’t get smashed; that would be a stupid way to level a house - but sometimes, a nice buzz dulls the anger enough that I’m not constantly worried I’ll level the building I’m standing within.

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
Hit us with anything you didn’t think fit in another answer.

Jax and I...people stare at us. I get that. We're not..together. I mean, we're together, but not like that. It just never...well, came up. There is something about Jax - beyond his emotion control. When he's around, I don't feel so pissed - unless he's really upset, and then I'm turned up to 11. I can sense what he's feeling - like what they say twins can do, but we're not biologically related. Every once in a while, my danger sense has gone off when he was in trouble. We're connected somehow...more than just friends. Of course, that can feedback too. Sometimes our emotions play off of each other and we're both basket cases. Other times, Jax is all I need to calm down. It's just...a connection. We've figured we have to be close - within 30 feet to know exactly what's up with each other..a city block? feelings. After that? We can tell if something hugely good or hugely bad happens.

And no, cause everyone asks, we haven't fucked.
PM
^
Cassidy Robinson
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 06:22 PM
Fracture

528 angst

crypt
711 posts
19 years

Done!
PM
^
Eve
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 08:48 PM
Plot Goddess

1285 angst

Ebe
254 posts
Older than my teeth... years

Thank you for your application! It could take us up to 48 hours to review the app and get back to you. In instances where we need a third day, you will be notified by an admin.
PM
^
Eve
 Posted: Jun 6 2015, 08:54 PM
Plot Goddess

1285 angst

Ebe
254 posts
Older than my teeth... years

Congratulations! You are approved. Make sure you fill out your Face Claim & Who’s Who. We have a community AIM chat group for plotting, and if you'd like to be involved, contact a staff member. Lastly, familiarize yourself with the posting timeline for new threads.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0