-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Victoria Valentine - 18, Annasophia Robb
Victoria Valentine
 Posted: Jun 11 2015, 05:42 PM
Crimson

193 angst

Arjay
252 posts
18 years

Victoria Valentine
Player Info
Player Alias:Arjay
Activity Level:As many as y’all let me make.
RP Experience: 15 or so

Top 3 Authors: Same as last time.
Top 3 Bands:Just to be different, I’ll go with the first three that pop up in iTunes. SO! Today it’s 3 Doors Down, Bruce Springsteen and Counting Crows again
Top 3 Movies: Star Wars. You know which 3.

Mod Interest: Heh, would you REALLY want that?
Character Info
Faction: Hellions
Codename: Crimson
Face Claim: Annasophia Robb

Eyes & Hair: Blonde and blue
Height: 5’4”
Weight: 110 or so
Scars, Marks or Tats: None yet

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?

Energy manifestation – Victoria can manifest psionic solid energy constructs. Presently, she generally uses one major form: a red, humanoid, demonic form, which is the main active form of her power at the moment. This form can act as any person could, but is resistant to physical damage, and is equipped with natural and other weapons, such as clawed fingers and a whip.

She is capable of forming minor objects on her own (steps, whips, things like that), things that she is very familiar with. New applications of her power require a lot of focus, which she generally accomplishes through pseudo-ritual to make sure the idea is completely formed in her head.

Dual mind - Victoria has an actively split consciousness, capable of independent thoughts from each other, effectively letting her think two thoughts at once. The second voice is essentially the same as her own, though sometimes a bit more cynical due to having to play passenger constantly while Victoria 'drives'. The second side of her mind is what controls the constructs when they're active, or simply to help Victoria act while she's remaining free of distraction. WITH RP: Victoria will increase the amount of objects she can create, and the complexity.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
Her projections have to stay within ten feet of her at present, and while her other half can operate independently of her, they must be in line of sight with each other. This range will extend little by little through RP. Energy projection can disrupt them, and enough intense physical damage to them can create enough mental strain to break her concentration on maintaining the construct. With practice, she can learn to create smaller, focused objects that can resist energy better.

Also, she needs to focus on her creatures until she's familiar with them. She generally goes through a 'summoning ritual' to focus her power and 'summon' whatever it is she wants to create, the more complex or unfamiliar the object, the more focus required to get it right. She does know that her power isn't magic, but the ritual helps he focus, and she doesn't think a little showmanship can hurt her.

When her avatar is active, she can only manage one small, simple item that can only be used manually and cannot leave her body. Without the avatar active, she can maintain several objects in a group (up to six small objects, three large, so long as their energy 'volume' doesn't exceed that of the avatar) that can move and act free of her body. With practice, this could be expanded.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with? She’s acquainted with the members Hellfire Club, at least. Her sister was a member before her untimely end, which was her ‘in’ to get into the Hellions Academy. She’d only know the people in her class well, though.

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
I’m keeping the plans fluid, because I want this character to be free to develop with the circumstances she’s dealt. I want to heavily explore the double-nature of her mind and what impacts that will have on her, and get her more involved with the Hellfire Club proper.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
She’s very much an opportunist, I’d like to see how she can use ANY ongoing plot to her advantage. Also… she’ll need something to break through the ‘smug and superior’ attitude she has, so anything that can get her close to other characters is a definite plus.

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
What’s not to like, darling? My hair’s like silk, although I suppose I could stand to go have it styled this weekend. Keeping up appearances, yes? My skin’s flawless. This dress is absolutely perfect… just the right amount of skin showing to draw the eyes, not enough to make them think it’ll be easy to see more. Why, do you not like something? *smiles* I know that’s not the case…

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
There’s no one thing you can wear to go out. Sometimes you need a gown… something slinky and form-fitting, usually. Some nights you want leather. I’m told that I’m absolutely marvelous in a corset, and from what my sister told me, that’s big with the Hellfire Club. Tonight… Tonight I think will be a black lace night. Not too goth, but dark enough to set off my skin and bring all kinds of… parentally-worrying attention.

And if I’m going to be spending the evening at home alone… well, why wear anything?

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
What does ‘happy’ mean, really? If you want those sunshine-and-flowers feelings from me, then you certainly don’t know me, darling. I’m pleased quite often, though. Everyone likes being shown they were right about something. Everyone likes to be admired. Everyone likes to be perfect. Everyone likes to have a person under their thumb, and the more fabulous that person is, the better.

Well, I do, at least.

I can’t stand people who think they’re better than me, though. Those ones are just begging for a good smack, a good whipping, maybe to be met in a closet and stabbed a few times… Ugh, goddess, it just makes me shake with rage…

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
My family… well, ostensibly they raised me. After the way my sister turned out (as in, a mutant), they had me gene-tested early, and when it came up positive, I started getting shipped off to every boarding school they could get their hands on. So I suppose they did right by me by keeping their bigoted, mutant-oppressing hands off of me. Idiots.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
I started talking to myself when I was twelve. Goddess, I was an awkward little thing. Short, slight, quiet… I suppose a bit bookish. It was easy to push me around, and that was one of the first things 'we' fixed. It's always easier to make a move when someone has your back and is helping you make plans, even if that person is yourself. Then my constructs started showing... That was an interesting night. That power had been building up, like it was trying to burst out of my head… and I suppose it had been. The first time was an accident... to repeat it, I had to focus, make it into a spell. Which, of course, got around, and everyone started saying I was a witch. Idiots.

So yes, it changed my life, I suppose. When you're never alone, you don't have any reason left to be afraid, nervous, or anything less than your marvelous self.

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
There was plenty of anti-mutant hate, but I did my best to keep low-key. My other half saw to that, helped me keep my attention up for anything that might be trouble. When it was at its worst, I kept our heads down. You can be a mutant without being flashy all the time, after all.

Are you still toeing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
My sister did… let’s call it ‘dirty work’ for the Hellfire Club. When she didn’t come back, she left me a fair bit of money and a scholarship to the Massachusetts Academy... Something about wages owed to her and death bonus. Mother and father don’t know what the school really is, but reduced tuition meant they didn’t have to pay as much on their ‘second mutie daughter’s’ tuition, so they didn’t really think twice. I had no complaints. The Hellfire Club knows all about how to respect people who are just… well, better than everyone else, and I’m sure that their school is the same.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
Like I said, my sister left me everything after she died. I still haven’t explored all of it… and honestly, I don’t understand finances that well. Annuities, investments… All I know is that the money comes in each year, and I do my best not to waste it much. The statements show that I’ll get a… comfortable amount for quite a while. It should be enough for me to get started in whatever I decide to do.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
Ha ha ha ha… Oh, darling… I’m rather… picky. Picking someone pretty or interesting to get cozy with is one thing, but a relationship? No. No, darling, no one I’ve met yet seems good enough to have any feelings for.

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
Well, I’m a rather good cook. I haven’t come across anyone who’s better yet, really, at least anyone who isn’t a professional. Cooking is an art, and artists are fabulous. So it does suit me, I suppose.

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
Darling, if it’s something that gives you pleasure, why should you feel guilty about it? If it tastes good, I’ll eat it. If the high is pleasant, I’ll take it. If he or he looks good, I’ll… well, no sense giving too much away, hm?

So yes, I’m a bit of a hedonist. It does draw me some looks, it has had me labeled with… well, all sorts of names. But what’s life if you aren’t going to live, yes?

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
The bodies are under the third rock behind the abandoned schoolhouse.

Ponder over that, darling. *smiles sweetly*
PM
^
Victoria Valentine
 Posted: Jun 11 2015, 08:15 PM
Crimson

193 angst

Arjay
252 posts
18 years

This one's ready for consideration.

If a mod could please change the title to be 16 instead of 17, and the subtitle to Annasophia Robb, since I'm an idiot who can't get her name right.
PM
^
Eve
 Posted: Jun 12 2015, 01:30 AM
Plot Goddess

1285 angst

Ebe
254 posts
Older than my teeth... years

Thank you for your application! It could take us up to 48 hours to review the app and get back to you. In instances where we need a third day, you will be notified by an admin.
PM
^
Jackson Carter
 Posted: Jun 19 2015, 10:18 PM
Phobos

48 angst

Arjay
567 posts
18 years

Updated for re-consideration.
PMAIM
^
Kel
 Posted: Jun 25 2015, 10:33 PM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Congratulations! You are approved. Make sure you fill out your Face Claim & Who’s Who. We have a community AIM chat group for plotting, and if you'd like to be involved, contact a staff member. Lastly, familiarize yourself with the posting timeline for new threads.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0