-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Pete Wisdom, Taylor Kitsch
Pete Wisdom
 Posted: Jul 11 2015, 04:39 AM
Wisdom

170 angst

Arjay
327 posts
33 years

Peter Wisdom
Player Info
Player Alias:Arjay
Activity Level:A lot
RP Experience:About a month more than the last app

Top 3 Authors: Martin, Butcher, Gaiman
Top 3 Bands: The same as last time
Top 3 Movies: Ditto

Mod Interest: Sure!
Character Info
Faction:Independent (leaning toward X-Men)
Codename: Codenames are for tossers with something to hide
Face Claim: Taylor Kitsch

Eyes & Hair: Blue and Black
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 160 lbs
Scars, Marks or Tats: None

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
Thermal Projection - Pete is able to generate thermal energy as semi-solid ‘hot knives’ that he projects from his fingertips. They can be ‘thrown’ or remain attached to his fingers to be used in a clawlike fashion. He is able to control their intensity to either cause severe damage or to stun (ranging in temperature safely up to about 2000 degrees C). By holding his hands down beside him, he is able to generate thermal drafts to slow his descent while falling, though he cannot sustain this for longer than a 2-story drop.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
The most obvious flaw would be against anything not susceptible to heat. Cold would combat his power rather nicely. While the heat of his knives is intense, they are small projectiles and could easily be overwhelmed by an opposing cold power. As a defensive tool they have only a limited use, forcing him to rely on his training and any equipment he might have to protect himself from harm.

Additionally, while he might be able to produce blades over his 'safe' limit of 2000 degrees C, anything over that WILL damage him in the process of creating it, possibly incinerating the finger or hand producing the knife.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
Anyone who’s worked with the government (and has had contact with foreign governments) might have come across him. Any X-Men who’ve been abroad might have had a passing run-in with him. I'm open to any ideas that make sense.

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
I’d like him to insinuate himself within the groups and find a niche to bring that British charm to the game. Wisdom is a puppet master, I’d like for him to be able to pull the right strings to influence various situations without getting himself completely involved. Oh, and women. Lots of women.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
Oh lord, anything would work. The more high class and far-reaching, the better. Anything that forces him to have to take a stand and be a badass making the hard decisions will be excellent.

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
I see the face that can cause guns and knickers to drop with about equal speed.

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
If a suit is what her Majesty thinks her agents should wear, that’s going to be good enough for me. Granted, not every suit is tailor-made with protective plating or bulletproof lining, but is that my fault? No, I don’t believe it is. Black suit, black tie, black sunglasses, you know the look. Just like that one tosser, only I drink real martinis, not that vodka rubbish.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
Look, I live my life for my country, and by extension, the world. If the world is going bad, so is Britain, so I have to be far-reaching, I suppose. Queen and country first, then the mutant race, then my own sorry self. That has to be the priority, right?

Which isn’t to say it’s all bloody roses doing that. Those first three take up most of the time, so I have to scrounge time for the fourth. Doesn’t leave time for love, doesn’t leave much time to live even. Leads to a lot of mixing business and pleasure, and… well, did you know that Yakuza strumpets like to wait to start their master plan until three hours before checkout time at the hotel? I do now. That was an interesting week, and I’m not going back to Madrid any time soon. The best mates I’ve had are mostly dead, the best girls knew to get the bloody hell away from me, and… why the hell are you getting me to talk about this? Next bloody question.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
I was raised by my father and my mother until their divorce. It was… well, the tosser drank more than he should, but that’s that. Mum did her best, but what can you do with a husband you never really liked who’s pissed most of the time? I make sure that my pa’s taken care of, and that’s pretty much all I owe him. Next question.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
Well, I wasn’t allowed to drive mum’s new car once she replaced the one I set fire to. And I had to buy a new bed once I set fire to it, and pay for home repairs, when fire damage hit the walls… look, it was an expensive power to learn to control. I had to work hard at it. And it got me the attention of Her Majesty, which set me on the right track, so that's something. I didn't have some big bloody tragedy story when my powers came in, it was just... expensive.

I mean, come on, are you going to pick on the bloke that can make fire with his hands?

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
I was working for MI-13, and it was our job to keep that under bloody control. It wasn’t easy, and it wasn’t always clean, but we managed it. I had a bit of a vested interest in mutants not being branded and corralled into camps, aye? And those bloody giant robots can just completely sod off.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
MI-13 is a bit of a mixed bag. All super-powered for the most part, but not all mutants. It isn’t a big secret what I am, even when I’m abroad.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
I'm an (*muttered* inactive...) agent in Her Majesty's secret service. I've got a rather posh flat that I can come home to, but more often than not I'm living in a hotel suite on Her Majesty's pay. Such as with this trip to America to keep an eye on the mutant situation where it's looking bad.

Of course, 'trip' might not be quite as accurate as 'voluntary exile until this prat Director is reassigned or forget that he found me with his daughter, so for now I'm an attache to this UPC crowd and living on their dime instead of the crown's.' Potato, potahto.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
The world is too big to pick just one lady. That, and I haven't been the 'settling down' sort. That hasn't helped. Oh, and the job demands. Those haven't helped matters, either.

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
I'm an espionage expert with black ops, hand-to-hand, and weapons training. My job is to know things, and I have the contacts to do it.

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
Smoking isn't a vice if you don't feel guilty about it.

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?.

James Bond is a prat who wishes he was as good as I am. Do you know why he kept getting sent in alone and caught by the villians? Because they were trying to get him sodding killed because they were sick of his arse. Send in the fodder, and when they uncover the big fish, send the real people in to clean up. Only reason that he ever came back alive was because some little strumpet higher up had some personal time planned with him. Oh, and because it was a bloody movie.
PM
^
Pete Wisdom
 Posted: Jul 19 2015, 04:32 AM
Wisdom

170 angst

Arjay
327 posts
33 years

This is ready to be moved to Ready. If a mod could please change the thread's subtitle to reflect the new playby, I'd appreciate it.
PM
^
Kel
 Posted: Jul 19 2015, 10:07 AM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Thank you for your application! It could take us up to 48 hours to review the app and get back to you. In instances where we need a third day, you will be notified by an admin.
PMEmail
^
Eve
 Posted: Jul 22 2015, 04:44 AM
Plot Goddess

1285 angst

Ebe
254 posts
Older than my teeth... years

Congratulations! You are approved. Make sure you fill out your Face Claim & Who’s Who. We have a community AIM chat group for plotting, and if you'd like to be involved, contact a staff member. Lastly, familiarize yourself with the posting timeline for new threads.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0