-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Ryan Gabriel - 24
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Aug 3 2015, 02:18 AM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

Ryan Gabriel
Player Info
Player Alias:Arjay
Activity Level:A lot
RP Experience:More than is probably healthy
Top 3 Authors: Martin, Butcher, Gaiman
Top 3 Bands: The same as last time
Top 3 Movies: Ditto
Mod Interest: Sure!
Character Info
Faction: Brotherhood hopeful
Codename: Seraph
Face Claim: Charlie Hunnam

Eyes & Hair:Brown and Sandy Blonde
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 160
Scars, Marks or Tats: 9' black-feathered wings sprouting from his back near his shoulder blades. Tattoo on his right shoulder of feathers falling down his upper back and bicep

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
Avian body adaptation/Flight - Ryan’s body is built to be able to be agile and light, as suited to a person who can fly under their own power with wings. He has a hollow skeleton with strong bones, suited for light, quick maneuvers, and absorbing the impact of landing. He has incredible spatial awareness and reaction time.

Ryan is able to fly at a general horizontal cruising speed of 80 mph. He is able to increase his speed through use of diving, roughly doubling his speed. Precision flying is his specialty, and he is able to make tight turns, or hit precise locations at speed through a combination of his natural body coordination and his general spatial awareness.

Peak human agility - Ryan has trained his body's agility for years, both through his dancing and his self-defense training at Xavier's (and later, combat training with the Brotherhood).

Bio-energy manipulation – Ryan is able to generate bursts of energy that can stun a person by disrupting their personal bio-energy. A single, high-powered blast could knock a person out for a few minutes on a headshot, or could paralyze the part of the body it hit for the same amount of time. A low power burst, which is what he is able to produce with no time to charge it up, would have a similar effect for just a few seconds (completely disorienting instead of rendering unconscious on a headshot). A tiny amount of energy could be used to just numb sensations (useful for easing pain or other unpleasant sensations). He is also able to sense someone’s bio-energy, essentially allowing him to sense life in the area around him.

He has learned that he also has the ability to charge and drain that energy from people, either reinforcing their lifeforce to purge poisons and keep them alive or removing it to weaken or kill them. Draining life has shown to be able to heal injuries on him, however an extreme amount of life must be drained to do so, leaving it a morally unfeasable use of the power.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
While his body is light and maneuverable, it is only resistant to certain impacts, specifically those of landing on his feet with any sort of force. For other impacts, while not exactly fragile, his bones are easier to break than those of a normal human. He has no defense against energy attacks, save being harder to hit by virtue of being faster than most people.

Being adapted to flight has also left him somewhat claustrophobic, and he is most at ease in high places.

His energy powers are effective only against living targets. While he could probably make it LOOK like he was being dangerous, they have no effect whatsoever when used against non-living targets.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
He was at one point in time a student at Xavier’s, so it’s possible for X-people to know who he is. I’m up for any ideas there. Since then, he’s fallen more into the darker side of the battle for mutant rights, as he’s grown angrier, and his contacts have shifted accordingly.

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
I’d like to get him established in the short term and figure out who he knew, how they knew each other, and what they think of each other now. Long term, I’d like to see how his attitude progresses. He can either fall farther into his darker moods, hating humans, or he can slide slowly back into a more… healthy mindset. I haven’t decided what way it will go, I’d like to leave that up to the RP that he gets.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
Obviously less things involving giant robots, since he’s no good where they’re concerned. Anything with strong moral choices he has to make, to explore whether or not he’s really as hateful as he thinks he is, or if there’s still that spark of compassion for non-mutants that he used to have.

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
Well, I still turn heads, I suppose. I’m built all right… well, all right, better than all right. It’s what happens when you’re always on the go, and they say that I was designed to stay light. High metabolism, very low body fat, okay, yes, I look pretty damn good. One thing I don’t see are wings, after those bastards had their way with me. Just another guy, now, I suppose.

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
This is going to sound weird, I know, but I like clothes that are loose and non-binding without actually being loose enough to get in the way. I move a lot, and I like to be free to move without getting caught up on my clothes. No ties, no jackets, but I do try to keep my wardrobe stylish.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
Sometimes, I can close my eyes and I can almost feel what it was like to fly. There’s really nothing like it, when you’re free, nothing around, you just you, the sky, the birds. Nothing can touch you, it feels like, not even gravity, really. That was what always made me happy. Whenever anything was bad, I could get up away from things, break through the clouds.

That was years ago now. Some days I feel all right. I try to get out and feel as close to it as I can. I took up parkour to try to make up for it, and it really is a good time. Being able to jump higher and farther than any human does help open more possibilities, and I do still remember how to move my body in the air to get a good landing or make a difficult jump. But it isn’t the same. It’s something that was taken from me that I’ll never get back, and that… that makes me angry. That makes me fucking rage.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
I was, yes. Mom and dad were all right… when my wings came in when I was thirteen they sent me to Xavier’s, because that’s where mutants were supposed to be safe, right? They always kept in touch, they never looked down on me. My sister might be a mutant, we’ll have to see, she isn’t old enough to know yet. I just hope she gets a better run than I did.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
Well, when you start growing new limbs, it’s going to definitely change things. It was hard to hide, I’ll tell you that much. Mom and Dad sent me to school at Xavier’s the very next school year instead of trying to hide it with baggy clothes. It made me clumsy on the ground at first, these big wings throwing off your center of balance. Part of my training ended up being dance lessons to teach me to compensate for it, and I took to that better than I ever thought. I stuck with it, too, so I might be in different line of work if it hadn’t been for that.

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
I was already at Xavier’s when the riots broke out. It was terrifying, but at the very least, we were safe there. Nothing could keep you from feeling the bigotry, especially not when you had big wings hanging behind you, but at least we knew that at the end of the day, we had X-Men to keep us safe.

No, it wasn’t until after I’d graduated that I really felt it. I was nineteen, and I got it in my head to go fly across the country. I was blogging the whole thing, keeping a huge social media presence, and that was what really screwed me. I landed in some little back-water town to rest and get something to eat, and they just grabbed me there. Purifiers… those bastards were waiting for me. I don’t know where they took me, I was unconscious then… but I was conscious when they cut my wings off. The bastards were recording it, broadcasting it to their gene-dead trash friends, and…

Next question, please.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
Right now, all I want is to find and throw in with Magneto and his people. They were the boogeymen a lot when I was growing up, and then they were our friends (tentatively), but one thing that I know is that Magneto never put up with anything like what happened to me without making things right. Because when you come down to it? Fuck humans. They’ve made our lives miserable enough.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
I’m a dance instructor at a higher-end studio in Manhattan. It pays the bills well enough, I don’t have all that many expenses at the moment. I’ll take odd jobs here and there if I’m short, but that doesn’t happen very often.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
Right, everyone’s just rushing off to date the amputee.

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
Well, like I said, I got put in dancing at a reasonably young age, with the stipulation that I had no choice but to get good at it. And then, well, I was a teenage boy surrounded by pretty, flexible girls, I don’t think I need to explain how enthusiastically I stuck with it after a while. Right now, I’m good enough that it’s paying my bills, so yeah, I guess I’m proud of that. It's helped make me a pretty good capoerista, too, which helps keep me alive, so I guess I'm doubly proud of it.

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
Some people tell me that I need to not drink so much, but they can go to hell. I don’t drink that much. It doesn’t interfere with my life. Then there’s the long string of one night stands that make up my social life.

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
I’ve pretty much gotten over the worst of losing my wings, I suppose. I don’t stand up on rooftops thinking of jumping just to feel how it felt one last time. I don’t even take jumps that I’m not sure I can make anymore just because I don’t care. It’s not all happiness, but… well, who cares. You take the hand that you get, and then you just make sure you do what you can to punch everyone who made that hand suck.

PM
^
Ryan Gabriel
 Posted: Aug 3 2015, 07:48 AM
Seraph

436 angst

Arjay
582 posts
24 years

Ready for judging.
PM
^
Kel
 Posted: Aug 3 2015, 09:31 AM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Thank you for your application! It could take us up to 48 hours to review the app and get back to you. In instances where we need a third day, you will be notified by an admin.
PMEmail
^
Kel
 Posted: Aug 10 2015, 03:30 AM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Congratulations! You are approved. Make sure you fill out your Face Claim & Who’s Who. We have a community AIM chat group for plotting, and if you'd like to be involved, contact a staff member. Lastly, familiarize yourself with the posting timeline for new threads.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0