-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Emma Frost, White Queen
Emma Frost
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 08:05 PM
White Queen

239 angst

Crypt
316 posts
28 years

Emma Frost
Player Info
Player Alias:Crypt
Activity Level:Too many to be healthy
RP Experience: Yes

Top 3 Authors: Charlotte Bronte, Milton, William Shakespeare
Top 3 Bands: Chopin, Schubert, Strauss
Top 3 Movies: North by Northwest, Casablanca, The Big Sleep

Mod Interest:Too late!
Character Info
Faction: Hellfire Club
Codename: White Queen
Face Claim: Charlize Theron

Eyes & Hair: Blue, Blond
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 150lbs
Scars, Marks or Tats:

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
With Charles Xavier presumed dead, Emma Frost is currently one of the most powerful telepaths in the world Per the superpower wiki, telepathy is an umbrella term for any ability that involves projecting, reading and manipulating thoughts. Emma’s power level lets her do all of that and more. She has the ability to do everything you think of when you think of telepathy, and has trained the majority of the abilities. Below is a list of applications in which she has demonstrated an ability / has performed. The only real drawbacks to her powers involve mental fatigue and her conscious.

Mind reading - She can read and sense the thought of others. An implication of this power is she can pull images from another’s mind and read another person’s memories

Telecommunication - The ability to send/receive surface thoughts as a form of communication.

Psionic Blast – Ability to overload another’s mind causing damage, memory loss and unconsciousness.

Ethereal Projection – Ability to separate and control one’s astral body.

Memory Manipulation – Ability to erase or enhance the memory of another.

Mental Shield - Ability to armor the mind against intrusion.

Mind Control: The ability to manipulate the minds of others via thought process. This is what she uses to shut down students when they lose control of their powers. This is also the implied explanation of her ability to manipulate the thoughts of others - with Admin Approval ONLY

Mind Image: The ability to project one’s image into the mind of another

Relay - She can link up multiple minds to speak to one another through Emma.

Sedation: Emma can telepathically "sedate" her victims so that, if already rendered unconscious, they remain so for as long as she continues to "sedate" them

Diamond Form As a result of undergoing a body-wide secondary mutation, Frost is able to transform her body into a flexible organic diamond form. She must transform all parts of her body, rather than selectively transforming certain areas and can remain in this form for an undetermined amount of time. If she is rendered unconscious, Frost's body will automatically transform into its normal state. In this form, Emma is indestructible save for one small flaw, that if exploited, will cause her to shatter. While in her diamond form, her telepathic abilities are suppressed and she becomes emotionally cold.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
What are the limitations of each power? Do any of your powers conflict? Are they susceptible to other powers?

Telepathy - There are people who have natural defenses from telepathy. There will be people with whom she will have a harder time (for good or bad) using her telepathy on. For example, she might be good, but there is no way she could convince Logan to take out all the X-Men.

Diamond Form Emma cannot access her psychic powers in diamond form due to suppression by her diamond form's adamantine luster. Emma has a degree of telepathic immunity while in diamond form.

There is a single flaw in Emma's diamond form that if exploited can cause her to shatter. When her body is shattered, it will reassemble itself over the period of up to 30 days, depending on how many pieces are missing. The missing pieces correlate to their location in her body and depending on the severity (aka missing rib vs missing lung) it takes longer for her to recover fully. She can function, but not optimally.

Frost Immunity: Emma is immune to her siblings powers and they to her telepathy.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
Even if you feel the link is tenuous or it is an odd relationship you would like to see happen, let us know.

Emma knows everyone. White Queen of the HFC, Headmistress of the Mass. Academy, controller of the Hellions... She's worked with the X-Men. One of the current heads of the UPC's ground forces is her consort, and the father of her daughter, Crissy Summers-Frost. His younger brother is the leader of her Hellions. The Frosts are her family, and she knows all of them, of course. Erik and Emma have ties from the past and an amiable relationship as well. Warren is her White King and they have a positive relationship Emma knows Raven from Raven’s quest for her daughter.

If she doesn't know you, she will. If she doesn't, then you simply aren't worth her notice."

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
Short Term Goals:
Return to the Academy and bring order back to the school
Return to the Hellfire Club and remind people white the White Court is important
Deal with Adrienne.
Reconnect with the people important in her life
How do you want your character to develop over the next month? The next year?
I want Emma to thaw and rekindle her relationships (IE: Figure out how Crypt writing Emma shifts things),
Emma and her family! Drama!
THe Hellions were created to be another team. With Xavier’s in shambles, why aren’t they on top!

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
I MAKE MY OWN PLOTS!!!

Well, not really. I want political HFC plots. (Sister versus sister anyone?), I want family plots (Cause Frosts are awesome), and I want Mass Academy plots. I also am really looking forward to reestablishing the relationships with PCs and Emma.

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
I am beautiful. I know it. You know it. Move on.

I am so very aware that my beauty is the first thing people look at - well, most specifically, my breasts. From there, they tend to look at my legs. Yes, I notice. Yes, it annoys me. Yes, I absolutely use it to my advantage. You’d think, in this age of enlightenment, they’d look beyond the blond hair, blue eyes, well endowed chest and admire me for my accomplishments. I assure you, that’s a rare case. It is...disappointing. Perhaps someday…

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
What is your character's sense of style? If the situations above don't fit your character, pick a few that do.

White. I am White Queen for a reason, and White is my signature color. I have a sense of style; after all, I am a Frost. I was reared with the best designers, and nothing short of the best will be shown to the outside world. Not only do I have an appearance to keep up as the White Queen, I have an appearance to keep up as Headmistress of the Massachusetts Academy and as a Frost. My day to day wear involves a series of suits - all tailored. You don’t realize how much of a difference a good tailored suit makes until you don’t have one.

For a night out? I enjoy sheath dresses. Those I’ll allow accent colors. Please understand - while White is my signature color, I do own other colors. White makes a statement. It shows I am aware of my perfection. There are no flaws on me.

And yes, I do have an outfit I wear as the White Queen. It’s gotten rather...famous. A Corset, matching panties with thigh high boots and cape. Sadly, too many people don’t realize the irony behind it. I wore it first to point out the misogyny within the courts. Of course, as I got named Queen, the very outfit I wore to raise awareness became the expected. Sometimes..often times...people are just plain simple.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
Really let your character shine here. Show us who your character is through their answer. If they would be outraged/incredulous/embarrassed by what one of the questions, sell it with their answer.

Anger is the easiest emotion to speak of. My family has a large amount of things that make me angry. My mother, and her blind eye. My father and my Uncle and the terrible things they did to my family. My father’s treatment of my brother. Abuse in any form, really, will bring my ire so quickly you’ll swear I am my sister. I am fiercely protective of mine and threatening them will bring my wrath about as well. Oh. And that damned redhead. Yes. She pisses me off. Do NOT compare me to her. Essex. I will murder him for what he did to my daughter and my friend.

Sadness...is not something we speak of often. I think I’m sad that I know I had all these relationships, but I don’t _feel_ them right now. I know I should, but. I am sad that I’ll never live up to my sister’s expectations of me. I wish I knew what I did wrong all those years ago; maybe some day I will. My daughter’s behaviour towards me doesn’t make me sad, it hits to my soul. I never wanted her taken from me. I never wanted any of this - and to not have seen her grow up..to not be able to rock her when she cried, or to see her first steps. It’s an emptiness that hasn’t been filled. I...I like the idea of family. Not the twisted version of the Frosts, but a functional one. There was..is...maybe..potential with Scott, but…

Happiness is an easy emotion to talk about. I enjoy running the school. I enjoy helping all those children find value in their talents, find refuge within my walls, find the family they wanted but never had. I find myself happy with the Summers. Alex has become something of a surrogate son, though he’s close in age to me. I enjoy the machinations of the Hellfire Club. Yes, it’s good to be queen. And yes, Scott Summers makes me happy….or he did, at one time.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
Mention family living and dead and what kind of relationship your character had with them. What was their childhood like?

*long laugh* You want to talk about the freak show that is my family? No. I don’t think so. What you need to know is that I am a Frost. That name, alone, should mean something. I have two older siblings, Adrienne and Christian, and one one younger sister, Cordelia. Our mother...enjoys her prescriptions. It allows her to remove herself from our family. Our father? Dead. Pity. Not really.

My sister, Adrienne, took care of me for many years. She would assist me with all the expectations of a Frost. She’d make sure I understood how I should dress, she would do my hair, even read to me at night. That was until age eight? nine? I did something wrong; I’m still not certain what, but she’s never cared about me in the same way since then. Some day, I’d like to figure out what I did.We are still sister, and we made a deal in our teen age years. I would protect Cordelia, our baby sister, and she would make sure our father did not look at her. The coolness made it easier to acquire the majority shares of Winston’s company…

I love my brother, Christian. He has always been very sweet to me; he gives the best hugs. He and I were perhaps the most close as I was growing up. He was sent with me to Uncle Aaron’s..and it was Christian who...defended me when Aaron was less than appropriate. Needless to say, It was...traumatizing when I find him hung, but...it just further proved he has a tender heart. Father had him committed. I would visit when I could - but of course, I was sent away to boarding school. In early 2004, my father had both Chris and I institutionalized in different places. I removed myself by my powers. It took me over a year to find my brother and free him. It took nearly nine years before I would see him again. That day was one of the best days of my life.

Cordelia is the baby of the family, and one with whom I feel very protective. Every time our father would turn towards her, Adrienne would redirect, and I would try and protect her. When my father removed me from the family, Adrienne had to protect her - but I took up the mantle once again when he died. She was moved to live with me at the Massachusetts academy.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
How did your character's powers manifest and if it did it change their life, how?

My powers manifested themselves while I was in boarding school. It started simply enough - migraine headaches. Then I could hear other student’s thoughts. My tutor suggested I should become a teacher; my father hated this idea. The idea of becoming a telepath absolutely changed my life; it gave me a freedom I did not have in my home. Suddenly, I had the ability to control things that I did not have before. Of course, it also led to my greatest hate; Jean Grey. For while I was busy trying to figure out...everything..Charles Xavier ignored my cries for help in lieu of the bloody red head. Yes, I’m bitter. Sue me. My lawyers are better.

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
(CUT FROM ORIGINAL APP) In 2007, I was on my own in New York and I met Troy. I convinced him I fell in love with him and he agreed to let me live with him (once I implanted the thought in his head.) It turned out that he owed a large amount of money to a local mobster named Lucien. In order to save Troy's life, I agreed to try and get the money from her father. Well, boys will be boys, because Troy and Lucien felt it would be more lucrative if they abducted me and attempted to extort the remainder of Troy's debt from the old man. However, Winston refused to pay the ransom, because after all it was ME they had hostage and not his precious Adrienne. Enraged, Lucien killed Troy. Winston blamed my being a mutant for the reason he refused to pay the debt. Eventually, Adrienne convinced him to pay the ransom by threatening to take the story to the press and instilling the fear of poor public image in the man. Not content with the money, Lucien still decided to kill me. And then who should come riding to the rescue but Erik Lehnsherr who encouraged me to turn the thugs against one another and then forced the remaining henchman to free me. Erik was nothing but encouraging, and soon I guess I grew to view Magneto as the father I always wanted.

Mutant are Homo Superior for a reason. The UPC debacle proved that humans aren’t ready to deal with us. Unfortunately, people like the Brotherhood doesn’t understand that things cannot change via the levels of violence and...aggression they bring forth. Of course, the fools at Xavier’s are just wearing rose colored glasses. Perhaps, now that their school has been destroyed, and they have been forced to rely on my Academy, perhaps they will understand that coexisting peacefully just isn’t an option without a lot of work. Work someone needs to do.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
I am the White Queen. Why? Because I’m that damn good. The White Court is the good side of morally grey and I’m the Queen. I represent everything anyone who wants to be in the Club would want. I’ve got the power, the beauty and of course - I’m smarter than everyone else. Warren is just as smart. I’ll give him that. My father would be so proud. I wish Adrienne was.

With my brother as my Rook, I know I won’t be going anywhere any time soon. There is...time. Time to massage the chess board to help the masses see that mutants should be seen as people. To accept us. I’m in it for the long game.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
*small laugh* Really. I am Emma Frost. You seem to have missed this whole concept. I am the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, CEO of Frost International and the Headmistress of the Massachusetts Academy. Money is not an issue. I live at the Academy, but have other spaces, if needed. No, you don’t get a key. Yes, I’ll know if you try. Next question?

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
This is a….complicated...question. Before the attack by Essex, I was in a relationship. Scott Summers. We met in college, and I loved him with my whole heart - but then he died. Or so I thought. I was pregnant with our daughter and, while reeling from his death, was kidnapped and had my daughter taken literally from my arms. It took us nearly a decade to find each other again. The feelings were still there - and we started a relationship again, but now...now I wonder if I stayed in diamond form too long. I knowI loved him, but I don’t feel that love any more. Perhaps it will thaw in time, perhaps not…

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
Who is the person inside and what are their talents?

I’m good at everything I put my mind to. If I don’t want to be good at it, I don’t do it. I’m an adept businesswoman, I’m an amazing telepath, I run a business AND a school and I’m the White Queen. The one thing I’ll brag about are my Hellions. They are like my own children, though the age is a little off. In many ways, I want to give them the family and security my siblings and I never had. When they master an aspect of their power, I feel like a proud mother. When Cordelia stepped up to protect the Academy from Sentinels, I was SO proud of her. Those are things I’ll brag about. My daughter; she is so beautiful. I can see Scott in her. She’s been through so much, and yet she’s a survivor. Though she doesn’t see me as her _mother_, I still feel that motherly love and pride.

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
Dish the dirt on what makes your character feel decadent or naughty.

I am Emma Frost. What DOESN”T make me feel decadent. I wear the best clothes. I’m a multimillionaire. I am one of the best telepaths in the world. If that wouldn’t make a woman feel decadent...Did I mention I am the White Queen? Of the Hellfire Club? The very club that defines decadence. Never guilty, though; that would mean I admitted I did something wrong.

I suppose, one could argue my love of the symphony and of romance could be seen as a guilty pleasure. After all, the Frosts are supposed to be perfect. While watching it would be appropriate,the amount I enjoy it would be considered inappropriate.

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
I put myself in a coma to prevent Essex from getting to my daughter - and into the Hellfire Club. The former is the more important, the latter is very disturbing. What Essex could do with the Club’s resources….Anyway. I put myself in a coma in my diamond form. Unfortunately, it had an unforeseen...consequence. I have all my memories (of course), but it seems the emotional ties are...removed. I’m sure they will thaw in time. I _know_ I love..loved? Scott Summers, but I do not feel that same passion. I know I would die for my brother, but the emotional link is...missing. My sister? It was her voice that triggered my awakening - but... The only exception are my children. All of them. My Hellions. My Daughter. Cordelia - and yes, I understand she isn’t, technically, my child - but. A mother never forgets their children….

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kel
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 09:22 PM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Thank you for your application! It could take us up to 48 hours to review the app and get back to you. In instances where we need a third day, you will be notified by an admin.
PMEmail
^
Eve
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 09:43 PM
Plot Goddess

1285 angst

Ebe
254 posts
Older than my teeth... years

Congratulations! You are approved. Make sure you fill out your Face Claim & Who’s Who. We have a community AIM chat group for plotting, and if you'd like to be involved, contact a staff member. Lastly, familiarize yourself with the posting timeline for new threads.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0