-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Connor Marshall, Independent | Stephen Amell
Connor Marshall
 Posted: Sep 4 2015, 05:33 PM
λ0

131 angst

Arjay
168 posts
28 years

Connor Marshall
Player Info
Player Alias:Arjay
Activity Level:High
RP Experience: 15, give or take

Top 3 Authors: See any of my previous apps
Top 3 Bands:
Top 3 Movies:

Mod Interest:
Character Info
Faction: Independent
Codename: λ0
Face Claim: Stephen Amell

Eyes & Hair: Brown & Blonde
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 210
Scars, Marks or Tats: Various scars over his body

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
Super Strength/durability - Connor is able to lift up to roughly 3500 pounds in a single effort (roughly the size of an average car) and can hold up/carry 2600 pounds for a sustained amount of time. His body is proportionately more durable to allow him to bear this much weight/exertion without damaging himself.

Cybernetic enhancements - Connor was implanted with several augmentations that were meant to enhance his battlefield capabilities. His implants were largely in his brain, the control/computing node replacing about 15% of redundant grey matter, with sensor and control relays woven through his nervous system for diagnostic and override control of his body relayed from the control node. The only external portions of his implants are a data port on his right wrist which he can use to connect to computers or data drives, and a memory card port in the back of his head. Both of these ports are covered with patches of synthetic flesh to hide them from view when not in use.

His systems' capabilities include:

Tactical analysis: Connor is able to evaluate the physics of any situation, including how something is moving, where its path will travel (and when), and the force needed to move/break an object. This makes him able to pull off a number of unlikely hits/dodges, either by hand or with/against thrown objects, but it does not give him infallible accuracy.

Examples:
*A truck is careening down the street at him. He will know how long he has until impact, the speed and estimated weight of the truck, and the best direction to run to avoid or minimize impact.
*A high-leaping mutant has jumped at him in a high arc. He will be able to predict the path of their jump, their probable point and time of impact. He will also know the best time and angle to throw a nearby manhole lid to hit them, though he could easily flub the timing by a second or two.

Cybernetic control: Connor’s systems allow remote access to override his body functions, effectively making him a prisoner in his body while it is remote controlled from an outside source. This allows someone who can access his control functions to steer him through situations, or jump-start his body (and control it) while he’s unconscious.

Involuntary body function control: Connor’s systems have the ability to control his involuntary body functions, allowing them to stop (or force-start) his heart, lungs, nerve receptors, etc. The most useful function is to turn off his pain receptors, allowing him to perform feats that would normally cause too much pain to do (though injuring him in the process). Currently this can only be activated by someone who has access to his systems, not by Connor himself. WITH ADMIN APPROVAL ONLY, CASE BY CASE BASIS.

Other miscellaneous systems include:
*General cell phone functions in his head.
*WiFi communication capability.
*General computing functions including: Web browsing, e-mail, word processing, any easily installed program that an average person could install on their computer.

Through RP he will possibly get upgrades, such as additional imaging systems installed to give him night vision.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
Physical strength/durability - As stated, his safe lifting is maxed at about 3500 lbs, and he can carry 2600 lbs. His durability is limited to strain and impact damage. His endurance is that of a normal human and he has no particular resistance to energy, piercing damage, cutting damage, or any sort of psychic manipulation.

Cybernetic augmentations - All of the enhanced abilities that Connor has can be nullified by electrical interference or EMP bursts. Disrupting his implants will not cause any actual damage to him (though electricity will hurt him like any other person), but it will leave him with only his normal physical abilities to rely on until the systems reboot.

Remote Control Soldier - Anyone who gains access to his control functions can completely subvert Connor’s control of his own body. A skilled hacker (or someone who has his access codes) can gain administrator access to his systems, and be able to remote control his body against his will, affect his body functions, or even find the commands to turn off his heart.

It should be noted that anything that requires specialized knowledge (such as hacking or programming), he is not capable of.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
Quite possibly he would be on Binary’s radar.

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
Connor should be absorbed into some group that needs his particular talents, and hopefully learn more about his past that he doesn’t remember.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
I think by now you know that I’m up for any and all options that let me go crazy with my characters.

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
6’1” human male, blonde hair, closely cropped. Physical build’s visual inspection does not correlate with recorded physical capabilities.

Or, I mean, I look normal. I don’t look like a cyborg killing machine. That’s what I’m supposed to be, right? I suppose it makes sense to have that part hidden. I look fit, I suppose I look strong? Not as strong as I really am, though.

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
Instinctively, I wear clothes that are easy to move in, and are easy to replace. Body armor doesn’t feel out of place when i wear it, and I don’t know if that’s just how I am or if that was something programmed into me. Usually I’ll be in a t-shirt and jeans or other sturdy pants. Boots are more useful than other shoes, since they stand up to damage better. I like to have pants that can conceal equipment in them.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
I wish I knew the answer to this. I don’t remember my life before I woke up in the lab, so I don’t know what that answer used to be. Now I just feel strange that I don’t feel more about everything. I suppose I should be angry about whatever made me end up in that lab, but I don’t remember it. Can you be angry about things that you don’t remember happening? The not knowing is what makes me uncomfortable… sad? Possibly sad. Definitely sad.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
I don’t know. My name is programmed into my mind, along with the designation lambda-zero, and I have identification that matches it, but I have no way of knowing if the name is real or fabricated by the people who implanted me. I suppose I should have a family out there somewhere, even if they’re dead. I… would like to know this, but I don’t know if I ever will.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
I remember being trained… programmed? I remember passively being ‘driven’ through various feats of strength, tests of programming for my systems. It gave me a good impression of how powerful I am, and whatever it was that they did to my memory, I do still remember enough basic information about the world to know that what I can do isn’t normal. It also gave me a good idea of the fact that my body isn’t solely mine to control. There were times that I was in control, always in a steel reinforced room, but never when I was able to actually act for any sort of purpose.

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
I can only assume that I was brought to the lab during the riots, or perhaps as a result of them? I know what they were, basic access to information sources gave me that, but I don’t know what exactly happened to me during them. I wonder sometimes if my family died in them, or if I was a criminal during them? God, I hope not…

Are you still toeing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
I haven’t found anyone to take me in yet. I can manage on my own, as tedious as that gets, but it would be nice to not have to.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
When all else fails, there are plenty of opportunities for someone who can lift cars at will, as long as they don’t mind being grunt labor. It’ll pay the bills until something better comes along.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
I don’t even know if my name is my real name. You can safely assume that I’m not currently attached. Or… am I? I suppose it’s possible that I’m married and don’t know it or something like that, but… damn, I hope not. That would just be a mess.

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
I don’t remember my interests from before I was in the lab. From that time, though, I like to think that I’m fairly introspective. Time with just my thoughts while my body is being controlled gives one a lot of time to think and nothing else.

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
I won’t say that I enjoyed when I was being controlled, but there was something… liberating about having the choices taken away from me, even while it was completely disturbing at the same time. That’s as close as I can come to a guilty pleasure right now, I think.

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
Connor was one of the pet projects set in motion by the late UPC director, Quinn Mallory, the culmination of a series of unsuccessful experiments in weaponizing mutants through computer control implants. Since the fall of the UPC and Mallory's death, Connor has been left deactivated, essentially in a cybernetically-induced coma, with his implants and control module tending to his needs as is strictly necessary. Even when under his control, Connor has a tendency to be quiet. It can lead to thinking that he’s all muscle and no brain, but that’s far from true. Sometimes it’s an intentional affectation, sometimes it’s simply habit.

PM
^
Kel
 Posted: Sep 6 2015, 11:33 PM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Thank you for your application! It could take us up to 48 hours to review the app and get back to you. In instances where we need a third day, you will be notified by an admin.
PMEmail
^
Eve
 Posted: Sep 8 2015, 08:51 AM
Plot Goddess

1285 angst

Ebe
254 posts
Older than my teeth... years

Congratulations! You are approved. Make sure you fill out your Face Claim & Who’s Who. We have a community AIM chat group for plotting, and if you'd like to be involved, contact a staff member. Lastly, familiarize yourself with the posting timeline for new threads.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0