-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Dane, Lorna, Age 18 | Polaris
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Oct 27 2015, 08:03 PM
Polaris

402 angst

Crypt
315 posts
18 years

CODE

LORNA DANE
Player Info
Player Alias:Crypt
Activity Level:All the posts!
RP Experience: More than Ceri has been alive

Top 3 Authors: Carrie Vaughn, Rick Riordan, JD Robb
Top 3 Bands: Motion City Soundtrack, Simple Plan, Bruno Mars
Top 3 Movies: Jurassic Park, Jurassic World

Mod Interest:*laughs as she’s taken away in a straight jacket
Character Info
Faction: Brotherhood
Codename: Polaris
Face Claim:Alona Tal

Eyes & Hair: Green!
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 120lbs
Scars, Marks or Tats: Yes; She has the sign for magnetics on her back shoulder blade. Cliche? Yes - but something she doesn’t regret.

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
Daddy's Girl: Lorna's super power is similar to that of her father's, that being the ability to use and manipulate magnetic fields. Her specialization is in converting these magnetic fields to defensive barriers and offensive bursts, though she also possesses the ability to manipulate metals by interacting with their magnetic fields. More specifically:

Magnetic pull: By manipulating the magnetic fields around metal objects, Lorna can move, bend and shape metals. (RP development) Though she hasn't discovered it, Lorna can interact with nonmetal magnetic fields as well, though doing so requires a great deal of strain and energy and they are not as willing to bend as metal is.

Polaric Shielding: By strengthening her own magnetic field, Lorna can create a force bubble of pure magnetism. Though it has little effect on nonmetal physical strikes, this force bubble can absorb energy with relative ease. With some effort, this magnetic energy bubble can be expanded to hold several people, though the wider the bubble the weaker and more difficult it is to maintain. (Through RP: ) These force shields will grow in power the more energy they take in, and this energy can be transferred in to magnetic blasts or used to enhance Lorna's physical body.

Magnetic Blasts: Like force fields, Lorna can direct her magnetic field in to a concussive blast of pure magnetic energy. These range in power from a punch to getting hit by a car, but the more powerful a blast the more taxing it is to fire it. (Through RP: ) Lorna is also capable of charging these blasts with energy leeched by her magnetic shields.

Magnetic Flight: Lorna is capable of flying by using the Earth's magnetic field, and does not require any special equipment to do so at lower altitudes and speeds. For high altitude or high speed flights, she must also erect a magnetic shield. She is also capable of lifting other people and objects the same way, though it requires more effort to tow a passenger.

Mag-Sight: With some concentration, Lorna can see the world around her as a series of electromagnetic fields. She can also make out the magnetic auras of other living creatures. Interestingly, because her powers focus mostly on the electromagnetic spectrum, she can 'see' much more clearly and distinctly than Magneto can, able to identify individuals by their personal fields and get a hazy outline of their bodies. (Through RP: ) With some development, she could theoretically see like an MRI, but she has not focused on this power very much.

[b] Electromagnetic Interference[/b]: Due to the nature of her powers, Lorna's shields and magnetic blasts function like an EMP, taking any technology they come in contact with offline if they don't have special shielding.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?

What are the limitations of each power? Do any of your powers conflict? Are they susceptible to other powers?

Polarity Shift: Lorna's magnetic powers are vulnerable to a change in polarity of the affected person or object, with things of the same polarity being able to slip out of her hold or giving her significant trouble to keep a grip on. Lorna's personal polarity is opposite that of her father.

Eternal Madness: As a result of her powers disrupting her natural magnetic field, prolonged or extreme use of Lorna's powers begin to crack her psyche and strain her mind. Sometimes it's voices, other times it's a conversation that never happened, and sometimes it's wild mood swings. No matter what symptom she shows, continued use of her powers could lead to a mental breakdown, and what follows can only be bad for everyone involved.

The human beneath: Though Lorna's magnetic barriers can turn away many attacks, the same can't be said for the girl inside them. Aside from her powers, Lorna is completely human and can be harmed or incapacitated the same as any other.

Power drain: Though Lorna's powers are potent even at her basic levels, her lack of training and exercising them leaves her with a rather limited ability to use them. She can keep up her power use for roughly forty five minutes before the strain forces her to stop, and continuing beyond that typically sees her pass out. This varies depending on the power used and how many she is actively maintaining.

Line of sight: Though Lorna can manipulate metals with ease, she needs to be able to see it to get a grip on it.

Inexperienced: Though Lorna has been using her powers to aid in the construction of Utopia, she has very little practical experience with them. She also lacks all but the most basic self defense training, making her a liability if things were to get hairy.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
Lorna was an X-Student before her father sent her away to Utopia. Anyone who was an X-Student in the Spring of 2014 or earlier, or members of the X-Men team.

She’s also the daughter of Magneto. She knows of her half siblings. She has never met Pietro. She was met Wanda once, in Utopia. She knows Chloe. There is potential for any Brotherhood member to know her.

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
Short term - Figure out her relationship with her family.
Mid term - Tell her father about her plans for school and deal with the fall out
Long term - Develop relationships, get into a ship, get into a kick ass fight scene.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
I’d love to see her really develop a relationship with her father. I’m very curious how things will go with her half siblings. I’d like her to figure out, in character, how much she buys into the Brotherhood. I’d love to see friction between the X-Men and the Brotherhood, and Lorna torn.

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
Well, the first thing ANYONE see is my hair. It’s green. Yes, Green. It’s a side effect of when my mutation kicked in. Before it was green, it was this gorgeous block color - but now it’s green. So are my lips. The green lips are a bit odd, but it’s me, so I can’t complain.

I see a woman. Yes, I understand that I’m only 18 (almost 19!), but I’m a woman. I have curves in all the right places, and no - I’m not unaware of how attractive most men find me. My body is more athletic than curvey, but man - I can wear a tight dress with the best of them.

I think that’s the thing I..appreciate? most about my body? Yeah, it’s in shape - but I can sex it up, or be Daddy’s little girl depending on the look I am going for. It’s nice to be versatile.

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
Well, my time in Utopia has made me realize one thing: I LOVE the Earth. I love dealing with the Earth, with the magnetic spectrum - with all of that. As such, I usually wear jeans and T-Shirts. I’ve even, occasionally (and to the horror of my Step Mom to Be) been known to wear flannel. But seriously. Skinny jeans. Boots (love the knee high ones), T-shirt and maybe an infinity scarf. Casual. SUPEr casual. I’m 18, not 80.

I can’t say I’ve ever really gone out somewhere fancy, but I can say my closet as a little black dress. Okay, I wore it to the homecoming dance in tenth grade, but I still look awesome in it, so I keep it. Black. Skin tight. shoulders covered, but by the straps. A hint of cleavage. Four in heels. Yeah, I can rock it. Totally.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
Really? When I was in Utopia, I felt isolated. Alone. Yeah, I was excited to hang around other mutants, but I didn’t have any of my friends there. Okay, a lot of my friends died last summer. It was..depressing. I found myself, well, in a bad place. So, I ended up talking to this counselor gal. Nice woman. Serah. We worked through some things, and I figured out - really, I control my attitude. I am an adult. I control my actions. I want to go to school. I want to try and get to know my father. I want to (mostly) get to know the other members of my family. I want to learn how to use my powers. I want to meet a nice young man and fall in love. I have a lot of wants, hopes and dreams - and sitting around moping won’t help. So. Happiness is a state of mind. FISH philosophy. Look it up. So, now? I choose to be happy. I choose to try and be optimistic. I choose my future.

I can break my “negative” emotions into two pieces: Mad and frustrated. I get mad at hate. I get mad when I think about all the horrible things done to my friends. Those people murdered. Hell, I get pissed when I think of how they treat my Dad. Is he a saint? no..but he’s trying, and if we can forgive others, why can’t we forgive him? Frustration? Oh, I know this one. My dad is fricking MAGNETO. I’m his DAUGHTER. I share his power - but I seem to suck at it. GREAT. PHENOMENAL. POWER. itty bitty control. That’s part of the reason I want to come back. I want to learn how to be useful. I’m tired of just floating iron.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
Well, this is a..unique question. Mom was Mom. Nice, normal - she was a waitress. Met a guy one night. Took her breath away. They consummated their relationship. Unfortunately, she was married. Got knocked up, and nine months later - surprise! I’m here. Dad (Yeah, he’s not my biological, but he reared me for a long time) figured out...oh, around age five? that I wasn’t his biological. Love letter found. Bad stuff. Needless to say, Mom and Dad didn’t divorce, but they probably should have. It was...awkward and tense...and then when I got my powers! Whew!

I met Magneto - Dad in Spring 2014. He’s been in and out of my life..more out than in, but hey - he didn’t’ know I existed, so I can’t hold it against him. I don’t know. I always felt closer to him than any of my other family. Maybe it’s because we share abilities. Maybe because he treats me nice. Either way, when he shipped me off to Utopia, I didn’t question it. I just went. Now, though, I want back home.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
Right. My story is so flipping typical it hurts. Remember - parents knew there was something there. Didn’t get along. I was turning thirteen. Dad was yelling at Mom for something. It got heated...ugly. I think the neighbors called the cops. Either way, what *I* remember is Mom crying and screaming, Dad throwing things and talking, well, about me...and then things were flying. Something was thrown and I was in the way - but that didn’t matter. Somehow, I stopped it. I also interrupted the magnetic flow in the house and blew all the circuits. Never do anything small, right? Scared the shit out of, well..everyone. Side effect? Green girl. Did it change my life? Let’s see...X-Student. Friends died. Daughter of Magneto. I’ll just take a wild stab in the dark and say...Ummm..YES.

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
The Race Riots. I was...what, ten? Mom and Dad argued. A lot. it was before I was fully developed, so they didn’t understand how it would directly affect me. I remember talking about it in school and just not understanding how someone could hate so bloody much. I mean..HATE. It was awful.

And then I awakened into my power.

I learned pretty quickly about hate. Dye your hair blond or brown so people don’t look at you differently. Make sure you blend. Thank God you don’t have a third eye or purple skin. And then - in the end, it didn’t matter. Sentinels came and destroyed my home. Killed my friends. I was already away. I was sitting far away from it all, and could do nothing.

I’m not going to sit back and do nothing again.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
Well, I was an X-Student. I wanted to be an X-Men, but Dad just asked if I wanted to help him with the Brotherhood, so...yeah. Want to get closer to Dad and all. Oh, and sis and brother are there. Look! A family affair!

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
Well..this is a tricky question. I’ve, ah, moved back to New York. Dad asked me to help and put me up in an apartment. not sure where I'm going from there. Yeah, I’ve saved up some money, and I’ve taken out student loans. I’m going to go back to school, take classes - starting in January. Right now, I take on odd jobs to collect even more money. Got to pay the bills somehow.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
Um. No. Is there someone? No. Will there be someone? Hopefully. Of course, that means they’d be willing to date the daughter of Magneto, and half sister to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Gimme a call when you find someone willing.

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
I’m really, really good with geology - but that’s obvious. What else. What else. Umm..cooking? I learned at an early age to cook, and really enjoy it. When I stress, I bake. So, if I bring you cookies, ask what’s wrong. That’s about it? What can I brag about? Have I mentioned my Dad lately? But don’t tell him; it’ll go to his head.

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
I’m 19. I have plenty of vices. I’d love to find some guy who just didn’t care and make out with him. I haven’t. I’d love to get drunk off of my ass. Haven’t done that either. Tried marijuana once..had the munchies for days. I really REALLY like trashy romance novels.

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
Sometimes, when I use my powers TOO much, I..hear things. Voices. Well, a voice. She...tells me things, suggests things. I know, I KNOW it’s a side effect, but it also scares the crap out of me. I can’t shake the feeling that someone is always watching me.

Because Mom was a chess Champion, I love chess...and spoilers, I'm very good at it.
PM
^
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Oct 27 2015, 08:16 PM
Polaris

402 angst

Crypt
315 posts
18 years

Yes, I'll need to color her hair green at some point - or stick with being a blond for a bit as she tries to blend in...but otherwise! DONE
PM
^
Kel
 Posted: Oct 28 2015, 03:01 AM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Thank you for your application! It could take us up to 48 hours to review the app and get back to you. In instances where we need a third day, you will be notified by an admin.
PMEmail
^
Eve
 Posted: Oct 30 2015, 11:16 PM
Plot Goddess

1285 angst

Ebe
254 posts
Older than my teeth... years

Congratulations! You are approved. Make sure you fill out your Face Claim & Who’s Who. We have a community AIM chat group for plotting, and if you'd like to be involved, contact a staff member. Lastly, familiarize yourself with the posting timeline for new threads.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0