-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

FAQ, A few fequently asked questions complied
Kel
 Posted: Nov 5 2015, 04:19 AM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Q: So I understand there is a thing about suppressing powers?
A: Yup! Read about the Registration, Collars, and the Cure Here

Q:There are new 'Angst' points to buy stuff?
A: Basic Break down: Anything “In Character” for example: gaining ‘through RP powers” (Read about that Here), can still be gained via RP. IE you role play out the plot that you want, get approval from the staff and eventually gain said IC change.

Anything OOC: IE new Character, or Sub Forum, you can only gain via Angst points.

The difference for the “IC” things is that it is ‘automatic’ IE no need to RP the process of gaining your new power(that dovetails from an existing) or plot line, (the approval of powers and plots still need to be run through staff before implementation on your character.)

Read the full list of rules Here

Q:Why do I need so many Angst points now to make a new character?
A: Previously we required a tiered system for new Characters, that by your third one you would have basically needed 30 posts to gain it, and by your 4th you would have required a total of 60 posts over all your characters (scaling upwards 10 posts per character). Now we have basically standardized it to simply needing 50 points on any Character to ‘buy’ the basic application for a new one.(Make 50: 200 word replies, or 10(200WC) new thread starters! Or any combination!)

Q:History; how do I know what's happened on the site? How does this differ from Marvel 616 canon or MCU/X-men movie canon?

A:BMF is VERY different from the standard universes, in short this is a human and mutant only world, you can only play characters that appeared in X-men comics as mutants or baseline humans. (IE No FF4, Avengers, etc.)

We do not follow 616 canon AT ALL for the World history/teams or the like. Up until the Riots we follow the X-men Cinematic Movieverse (Exclusive of First Class and DOFP as they were made after the site was) for the BMF world history please look Here and Here

Q:Ok but I still don’t know what's happened on the site since the Riots:
A: Current Site History/Major Site plots We are always about 8-10mths of site time story behind, since it takes a while to write up!

Q: Wait so I want to play a Character that's not listed in your Canon’s, how do I do the powers and history if you don’t go based off comics?

A: All non ‘BMF Canon’s’ go through the OC Points System for powers and using Powers List, and for history we ask you to adapt the Character from their comic lore as you feel they would be growing up in the BMF Site/World history. You can still keep major character arcs simply adapted! Or address them new! If you need help just ask as staff!

Q:The power that I want isn’t listed in the Powers List
A: We know not all possible powers are listed, so your best bet is to ask a staff member for help via Cbox or our Question and Answer Forum in creating a new one that will fit in our board. See our Example Application for a good example of a nonstandard power explaination with limitations.

Q:The power that I want is on your list but in Canon it’s a lot stronger.
A:BMF is a ‘low power’ board, we have basically scaled down canon powers so that no one person can level a city block, or one shot kill another player. We focus on writing and story over, ZOMG I just nuked Boston! Powers.

Q:What’s Banned?
A:For a list of Banned Characters and Types or Powers List Which includes Banned powers These are ever evolving lists, so if you app a Character we didn’t think of with world/universe breaking powers...expect to see it added.

Q:What are the factions?
A: There are currently seven ‘Factions’ you can belong to on BMF:

Brotherhood: Canon’s

Hellfire Club: Canon’s ,
Overview of Faction

Hellions: Canon’s

X-Men: Canon’s

X-Students: Canon’s

UPC: Canon’s

Independent: Canon’s
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0