-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Alyssa Yancey, Schism | Emma Watson
Alyssa Yancey
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 07:42 PM
Schism

183 angst

Crypt
143 posts
15 years

Alyssa Yancey
Player Info
Player Alias:Crypt
Activity Level:All the posts!
RP Experience: More than Baymax has been alive=-)

Top 3 Authors: Jane Austen, Nora Roberts, Julie Garwood
Top 3 Bands:
Top 3 Movies:Perks of Being a Wallflower, Bennie and Joon, Vincent & Theo

Mod Interest: Too late!
Character Info
Faction: X-Student HOLIDAY BONUS
Codename: Schism
Face Claim: Emma Watson

Eyes & Hair: Dirty Blond; Hazel
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 110lbs
Scars, Marks or Tats: DO THEY HAVE ANY?

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
Earth Manipulation
Alyssa has the ability to manipulate the earth. She can shape and manipulate earth and "Earthen" elements including most solid objects, specifically all minerals and mineral compositions regardless of their state (mountain, boulder, sand or dust), dirt, soil, etc. At application, she has very little ability over her ability. If she concentrates very hard, she can move soil. As with many just starting out mutants, in moments of extreme stress, her ability has the ability to create very bad situations; in her case - she literally moves the earth, causing an earthquake. (See background)

Learned potential effects through roleplay:
Move dirt in larger quantities. She could, ostensibly, move 1 cubic yard of dirt and stone. This is equivalent to nine standard wheelbarrows.
Shape Earthen Elements: The most obvious example of this application would be an earth Shield: She could, in time, learn to move the earth in order to create shields. She could also polish minerals and be her own gem stone tumbler.
Earthquake: The most deadly part of her power is the ability to create earthquakes. She would be able to affect a standard room section (12x12) with up to magnitute 5.5-6.0. This is enough to cause minor damage to buildings and other structures. (http://www.geo.mtu.edu/UPSeis/magnitude.html)
Geokinetic Flight - This is a very long time goal. Think Terra from Teen Titans

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
The most obvious limitation is that she cannot create this element. Her power is completely useless without the earth. Thus, she is completely normal in an airplane, or on a boat. The implication of this is there is a range limit. She cannot draw earth to her unless she is near it. After ten stories (or 1000 feet up), she has no power.. That is, if she is on top of the Empire State Building, she is powerless. She is able to use her power better when connected to the earth.

At the start of the character, she has very little control of her power, and is, in fact, terrified of how terrible the power can be. While this is more of a role play aspect, she is terrified of hurting other people with her power, and thus does not like to use it. She willingly wears a collar to prevent her power from going off accidentally and causing property damage.

Like most mutants, her power is also affected by her emotions. The more emotional, the less control she has. As such, Alyssa has prescription anxiety meds, in addition to the collar.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
Alyssa will be arriving to Xavier’s in December, shortly after it re-opens. She will meet the new X Students quickly enough, but she is very shy. I’m assuming she will interact with all the X-Students and X-Men.

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
I’d like, through RP, for Alyssa to learn to control her power so she can take the collar off. I’d like her to learn to use the power. I’d like her to become a bit more social.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
ALL THE PLOTS!

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
Look in front of the mirror? Really? Ah, okay. I mean. Nothing spectacular. Nothing to write home about. I’m, ah, I guess skinny...I don’t work out or anything, but I’m not fat. My hair is blond. My eyes - well, my sister called them shit brown. Elsbeth says Maggie is just mean, but they are kinda brown, so I can see why she’d say that. I don’t know. I mean, I’m a girl, and I’m fifteen. Aren’t we all awkward? Well, Maggie wasn’t at my age; she was the head cheerleader, in the AP classes...Homecoming Court - the whole nine yards. Me? Not as much. I, ah, well. I’m just me. Dirty blond hair. Five Foot. Five. Nothing special.

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
Well, I like jeans, but then, who doesn’t. I hate leggings. Well, unless they are under a dress- which is what they were made for. All th girls who wear leggings to school? I want to scream put on some pants! Have some respect for yourself! I tend to wear jeans and flowy type shirts. Sometimes I wear skirts. I’ve been branded “hippie” but I’m not quite sure why or how. I mean. Jeans and blouses. Oh! and boots! I love boots! I guess my fashion doesn’t quite fit in - kinda like me. I’m..artsy. Yeah, we’ll stick with that one. Artsy.

For going out to the movies? Maybe boots, skirt and a blouse. To the opera? (Yes, I like culture. I know. Weird in a kid my age), I love dressing in Maxidresses. Sunday? I wear church clothes to church. Well, I did. Then church kicked me out.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
Happy? Why do you...never mind. Right. Answer the questions. Get into the school that will make me less of a freak. Got it. Happy. That’s easy. I love art. In all forms, but majorly sculpture. Oh, I do jewelry making, and sketching and a bunch of different styles. Acrylics over Watercolors. Mosaics over Still Life. Impressionists over Realists. Until I killed my school, I was on track to get a scholarship to VCU; they have one of the best art programs in the Mid Atlantic. I’d already spent two summers in their summer program. I like reading, too. There is something about losing yourself in a book...maybe because the real world sucks so hard.

*sighs* I don’t want to talk about...but I have to? Fine. I get angry with how other people treat people that aren’t like them. For the past three years, I’ve been called it all. Why? Because I’m not the mainstream girl. I just kinda...stick to myself. Once...once I became friends with this guy. He asked me out. I liked him as a friend. When I told him that? Jerkface told everyone I charged ten dollars for a blowjob in the bathroom at school. There’s nothing quite like being in eighth grade and having the most popular, most beautiful boy offer you ten dollars for a blow job. My parents wanted to move my schools, but jerkface ended up at another high school. Unfortunately, his legacy did not. Thank God earbuds were legal in high school.

I don’t want to talk about….fine. FINE. Yes. I have an issue with my sister. You would too! She’s...perfect. She’s head Varsity cheerleader. On Leadership. Homecoming Queen. Beautiful. AP classes. I’m...a nobody. No one notices me, unless it’s to comment on how less I am, compared to my sister. Oh, Maggie isn’t cruel. It’s not her fault she’s popular; she just wished I was too. I wish she liked me for who I am.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
Mom and Dad and Maggie would make a perfect family. No, they really would. Dad teaches at a local community college. Psychology. Mom works as a speech therapist. Maggie is looking at either Virginia Tech or William and Mary - though Radford has already offered her a really nice scholarship. Our family was the picture perfect family - just ask anyone at school or church. Sure, I was known for being a little “withdrawn” or “Shy” or “introverted,” but I was never called anti-social, or anything like that. My life was just one event after another were I felt just like I was born into the wrong family. Again - don’t get me wrong. Mom and Dad? Awesome. They try so hard. As soon as I showed any interest in art, I was taken to New York, Philly, DC, Chicago - all the major art galleries. Private art lessons were acquired. They shoved anything and everything at me, trying to connect with me...but they just understood my beautiful, extroverted older sister better than me.

Maggie - short for Margaret. Two years older than I. She’s amazing. I wish I was more like her - most of the time. She’s always been the best at everything. She’s a cheerleader. She’s in AP classes. She’s even a Girl Scout! Everyone loves her. What’s not to love? She’ll go off and really change the world some day.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
*looks away* Do I _have_ to talk about this? Really? Fine.

It...it was just before Thanksgiving. Like I said. I’m considered odd. I love art. Otherwise, my view of high school is keep my head down and stay out of the popular people’s way. I’ve managed for a little over year that way. Sure, I get picked on. You don’t navigate through Freshmen year without getting picked on. I met Nathan the end of Freshmen year. He seemed nice enough. Everyone loved him, and when he asked me out on a date, well, suddenly I became popular. For the...whole month or so that we dated. You see, Nathan really believed that whole awful middle school business. So, when I wouldn’t sleep with him? Yeah. He said he’d get even.

I thought I was safe. I really did. August came and went. September came. Sure, there were people who whispered and snickered - but I kept my head down, headphones in...and then...then October hit. It started slowly...pictures in my locker. Things posted on my tumblr and instagram. Some pictures tweeted out. They were SO OBVIOUSLY photoshopped, but apparently the average sophomore couldn’t tell the different. I told my parents. Of COURSE I told my parents - and like good little mini helicopter parents, they filed harassment charges with the school. But, of course, nothing could be proven. They were accounts that were made and deleted. Nathan didn’t do anything directly to me, and the only class we shared together? honor English? He sat across the room.

It was November 6th. Yeah, I remember that day. It was the day that I went to art class. Fine. People were giggling in the halls. Okay. NOrmal. I kept my head down. Made it through second block AP History. It was at lunch that I figured out why everyone was laughing and snickering. Apparently, someone (guess who?) posted a video of someone who, from the back, looked him me giving him a blow job. Sure, it was all hidden from teachers and admin, but everyone knew about it. Of course, it wasn’t true...but that didn’t matter. I lost it. I started shaking in shame, and rage. What had I done to him! I had turned him down to have sex...that’s IT. Next thing I know, the building is shaking. That news article about the microquake in Virginia? Yeah...that was me. I did a ton of property damage to my high school, and even hurt people in the process. There was a lot of talk of expulsion, and even jail. After all, *I* was the one who couldn’t deal with the nasty video. It was obviously my fault.

I honestly don’t remember much of the next month. The initial reaction they did was to slap a collar on me. I can’t begrudge them that. I didn’t know how to turn my power off and I was upset! Then came the drug trials...better living through chemistry. Of course, no school would allow me back through their doors without assurances I had a collar that COULDN'T be turned off, or that I had completely control of my powers. Then our church asked, politely, for me to not return. Oh, the rest of the family was allowed, but not me. I was too dangerous.

My parents would have none of that. They hired the best Mutant Registration Lawyer they could find. In Virginia? There are TONS of very good lawyers - side effect of being near DC and all. The ACLU offered to get involved. The lawyers pointed out that the MOMENT my mutant powers triggered, I was registered, thus, by the law, I could choose a collar or not. Refererence: Registration My parents didn't want me to have one; I did. We fought. The ACLU and my lawyer argued that if the UPC tried to bring this to trial, they would equate this to a person having a heart attack while driving - or a stroke. We don't cause them to lose their license in that case - so chaining me on the same level as a criminal would be wrong. It was ugly. In the end? I got what I wanted - a collar, but I had control of when it was on or off. Just like all other nicely registered mutants. My choice? On - of course. I don't want to hurt anyone else.

The worse thing out of it? My parents tried so very hard to stand by me, to help me...but all I saw was the disappointment...disappointment and fear in their eyes. My parents. My sister. they were scared of me. That’s...that’s when I started cutting. It’s a messed up mind frame. I know that. But hey - at least it was enough to push my parents to find me somewhere where I COULD learn how to control myself. That’s where I’m being sent. Me, my happy drugs, my pretty collar (that I can turn off) and my sketchpads are apparently heading to New York. At least I love their art gallery…

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
Well, I was seven when the race riots hit, so I actually only know what they covered in school. As for anti-mutant sentiment? try getting kicked out of your church for being too dangerous. Didn’t know Jesus had a No Mutants clause. How silly of me. Apparently he does. At least being banned from school made sense. I mean, property damage to that extent _is_ grounds for expulsion.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
I am a student at Xavier’s School for the Gifted. I have no clue what you are talking about with factions, or other groups of mutants. I just know I need help.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
Well, Mom and Dad managed to get me a spot at this school. Xavier’s? Dad is taking me up right before Christmas. I can’t believe before Christmas - but they say it’ll help, that I’m too dangerous to be in a city, or around people, until I can control my powers. They looked at another school too, an Academy, but that one was in the middle of the city and had humans, so…. Mom and Dad have set me up with a monthly allowance, so...

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
Boys are icky. Girls are too.

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
I’m very good at art. Sculpting was my first love, with painting my second and now - now photography. I’m good enough that I’ve won some state shows and was on my way to getting a full scholarship with art. Guess that’s shot.

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
Umm..I like taking pictures, drawing, I don’t know. I like ice cream? I guess I don’t really feel guilty about that, except I don’t have any guilty pleasures?

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
I happened to get on the yearbook staff Freshmen year. It was an accident, but nothing else fit. It was here that I learned the best way to deal with people. With a camera. You can be anyone when behind a camera...and having to go take all those pictures? I didn’t have a choice - but I didn’t have to talk, either. Of course, I got a brand new DSRL for Christmas that year. Now, now I carry my point and click with me everywhere. That and my sketchbook.

PMEmail
^
Alyssa Yancey
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 07:46 PM
Schism

183 angst

Crypt
143 posts
15 years

Ready!
PMEmail
^
Kel
 Posted: Dec 15 2015, 12:53 AM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Congratulations! You are approved. Make sure you fill out your Face Claim & Who’s Who. We have a community AIM chat group for plotting, and if you'd like to be involved, contact a staff member. Lastly, familiarize yourself with the posting timeline for new threads.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0