-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply
New Poll

Daniel Hunter, 19 | Hellion
Daniel Hunter
 Posted: Dec 31 2015, 05:08 PM
Wildfire

26 angst

Arjay
122 posts
19 years

Daniel Hunter
Player Info
Player Alias:Arjay
Activity Level:See too many other apps
Character Info
Faction:Hellions
Codename: Wildfire
Face Claim: Franz Drameh

Eyes & Hair: Brown/black
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 170
Scars, Marks or Tats: Not yet

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
Pyrotechnic power mimicry - Daniel has the ability to mimic any compatible power of a person that he touches. Any power he mimics is translated into a fire-based power: Any energy projected is always fire or heat, and all powers always have some sort of burning effect.
Examples: Daniel touches Cyclops and absorbs his optic blasts. Instead of concussive blasts, though, the power manifests as heat vision.
Daniel touches Colossus, and gains the ability to transform his body into red-hot steel.
Daniel touches a retrocog and gains retrocognition, but he can only access a part of the subject's history that includes fire, particularly if it was burned or otherwise affected by the fire.
Daniel touches an empath/telecommunicator, and gains his psychic powers. However, he is only able to project "burning" emotions (anger, lust, passion, etc.), and any thoughts he sends feel like they're burning into the person's mind. The destructive nature of due keeps him from sensing anything, as any thoughts or emotions he focuses on are burned out of their mind and lost.
Daniel touches someone super-strong and gains super strength. However, as his power is LITERALLY stoking the flames of his strength, every time he uses the power, it will feel like he is burning and cause him pain.

Through RP, I would like him to develop the ability to hold more than one power at a time or extend the length of time he holds a power, and develop some limited ability to generate heat without syncing to anyone’s power.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
Mimicry - Daniel’s mimicry lasts for roughly an hour at a time or until he consciously releases it, without re-syncing the power. The mimicry is a re-aligning of his own pyrotechnic abilities, and thus has no effect on the person he syncs with aside from a flash of heat on their skin at the point of contact. He is able to hold one power at a time. He cannot sync any power that cannot be translated in some way to a fire-based ability. Additionally, any inherent issues with controlling the power will be translated to Daniel as long as he holds the power. If someone’s power has negative effects on them, it may have the same negative effects on Daniel.

Any physical power he syncs with will in some way causes Daniel pain while it is active. A healing factor, for example, will work by cauterizing any wound or literally burning impurities out of the body. They won't cause him actual harm, but they will cause pain all the same.

Currently, without anyone’s power to sync, Daniel is powerless.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
Alex Summers, other Hellions, students who have been at the Academy, Emma Frost

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
Daniel needs to learn a rather diverse set of powers so that he can be good with whatever he picks up. He’s still a lot more of a hitter/player than a hero. He needs to learn some responsibility, some growing up, maybe.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
He’s obviously pretty action oriented, so that’d be his bread and butter. Something to make him expand would be good, but I don’t have any firm ideas.

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
People tell me that I always look pissed off. I think that’s kind of funny, really. I smile a lot, y’know? Grandma always said I had a nice smile, and that I should show it off. Well, you have to listen to your grandma, right? So I smile when I’m happy, I smile when I’m pissed off, I smile when I’m depressed… hell, I guess I have a lot of smiles, right? Guess I look all right. None of the girls ever complained. Can’t compare to some of my boys, I guess, but no one’s perfect.

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
Heh, special night? What’s that? Growing up was rough. New York isn’t a place for wimps. Jeans’ve always worked, unless I need something with more pockets. T-shirts, jackets… things that are easy to get, and that I won’t miss if something happens to them.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
Nothing makes a guy smile like friends. I don’t have all that many, but we go deep. They’re my people, right? They’ve looked out for me, and now? I look out for them, no questions asked. They’re what makes me happy. Kicking back, a good night with the guys? Doesn’t get much better. Of course, it swings both ways. When something hurts one of my people? All bets are off. Don’t trust the smile then.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
Don’t remember my mom much. She died when I was little. Nothing really impressive, just a car crash. Dad and I lived with his mom. It was tough, but he pulled us through. He earned the money, he backed me up when things were tough, and Grandma kept me from going too crazy. Well, she tried to, I can’t say I always made her proud, but I did my best.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
Wasn’t too easy. I mean, when you know what my powers are, you can guess that it wasn’t easy, right? It wasn’t until I met my boy Alex that I really figured out what I was about. He was in a scrape, and i liked his style. I mean, yeah, he was kind of dangerous. Couldn’t really hide that he was a mutant, couldn’t control it, but I liked his style. Hadn’t seen him hurt by anyone, so I figured hey, why not. Jumped in to try to help him. Fell back into me, and that was when my power fired up. I guess I hadn’t ever touched a mutant before, because damn, that was a rush, couldn’t really mistake it. I fired up and, well… let’s just say that between the two of us things went our way pretty quickly. Now… property damage? That was a thing, but did i care about that much? Nah. It made things kind of tense at home… dad didn’t think much of mutants, right? Grandma made him shut up when he started on about it, though. She said that I was still ‘their boy,’ and that the stuff about mutants was nothing that my dad didn’t see growing up for other reasons.

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
I can’t say I’m sorry I missed those for the most part. I was in trouble all on my own when I was younger, you think I needed to add being a mutant to it? No. Not at all.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
Well, when my boy Alex found a group to run with, I followed him. Going to admit, it hasn’t been that easy an adjustment, but for him? I’ll do it. I’ll behave, I’ll keep from getting in trouble… I don’t want to mess things up for him, right? But he needs someone to have his back, so I try to be that guy.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
I’ve got a place by the school. It’s not much, but what else can a few late-teen guys afford? I bounce some on the side, it pays the bills.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
Heh… I’m not the ladies’ man. I’ve had my fair share, sure, but no one’s really signed up yet.

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
I’m good in a scrap, I kind of have to be when I don’t have any powers to copy. I’m pretty good at talking a situation around instead of a fight, and even better at telling when it’s going to go INTO a fight. i’m a good driver, been told that no one can catch me if I need to get away. My cousin taught me how to work on cars a little, enough to get one started if it’s, shall we say, not an authorized start, and keep it going for a while. Learned how to get into doors I shouldn’t open, too… look, saying I brag about this doesn’t mean I brag about it in front of my Grandma, right?

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
I like to fight. I like to drink. I like women. What else is there in life?

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
All right, yeah, I know i haven’t always done the best things. I’ve done some shitty things, sure, but I guess what I’m trying to say is that it was all a good reason, right? I’m trying to be a good guy, trying to keep it straight. It hasn’t always been easy, but I’m trying.

PM
^
Daniel Hunter
 Posted: Jan 1 2016, 03:41 AM
Wildfire

26 angst

Arjay
122 posts
19 years

And this guy is ready for consideration
PM
^
Kel
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 01:51 AM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

Congratulations! You are approved. Make sure you fill out your Face Claim & Who’s Who. We have a community AIM chat group for plotting, and if you'd like to be involved, contact a staff member. Lastly, familiarize yourself with the posting timeline for new threads.
PMEmail
^
Daniel Hunter
 Posted: Oct 19 2016, 11:42 PM
Wildfire

26 angst

Arjay
122 posts
19 years

Approved 3.0 power purchase:

Fire manipulation – Daniel is able to generate and control heat and fire.

Strengths – Having practiced with a multitude of powers, Danny is proficient with power control and, as such, has already forced himself to practice the finer details of flame control/projection. He is able to project his power and control any fire or source of extreme heat within a ten foot radius of him. His power can be combined with whatever powers he absorbs, possibly increasing his range and intensity if he absorbs a similar power. By himself, he has the projection capacity roughly equal to a flamethrower.

Weaknesses – Daniel has never had to maintain a power indefinitely, and has never really had a chance to see how anger can interfere with power control before. His control is always good, it doesn’t affect his ability to do things, but it may flare up with his anger if he isn’t careful and turn ‘on’ without him realizing it.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0