-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply

Mortimer Toynbee - 24, Toad - Ray Park
Mortimer Toynbee
 Posted: Oct 21 2013, 05:21 PM
Toad

285 angst

NPC
61 posts
N/A years

Mortimer Toynbee
Player Info
Player Alias: Rich
Activity Level: At least one per 2 days
RP Experience: Way too many!

Top 3 Authors: David Drake, Jim Butcher, Michael Stackpole
Top 3 Bands: Daughtry, 3DD, and TODM
Top 3 Movies: Too many to list. Love movies.

Mod Interest: Already done
Character Info
Codename: Toad
Face Claim: Ray Park
Eyes & Hair: Black eyes and greenish brown hair
Height: 5'10
Weight: 165
Scars, Marks or Tats: Do warts count?

Faction: Brotherhood
Family: Toad has no family, well, except for an overbearing dad in Magneto and a lil sis in Binary.
Friends: The Brotherhood are his only friends
PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
Toad possesses superhuman strength and endurance, primarily concentrated in his lower torso and legs, which grants him superior leaping abilities and speed. Toad can exert himself at his peak for up to 12 hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood began to impair him.

His vertebral column and skeletal structure are unusually flexible, enabling him to remain in a constant crouching position and contort his body into unusual position without injury or strain.

Toad has the ability to extend his elastic tongue up to 25 feet in length to ensnare objects and people. His tongue is strong and tough to the extent that he can swing from it or pull people to him.

Special pads on his hands and feet allow Toad to climb most surfaces with ease, even if they are vertical, inverted, or slick.

He can also secrete or spit a highly adhesive resin from his pores that inhibits movement and can blind temporarily if an opponent is hit in the eyes.

Toad has considerable knowledge of technological and scientific knowledge, which he uses as an inventor. He makes equipment that makes life easier for the Brotherhood.

Toad's physical appearance is amphibian-like with green skin and pointed ears.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
Although Toad's lower body and core are stronger, faster and have more endurance than a human, his chest, arms and shoulders are all human .

After being invited by the Purple Caped Powermonger to live for a month in a metal box the size of a large dog's cage because a slight oversight on a mission, Toad has a rather intense case of clausterphobia.

When working on a project, it tends to take up much of Toad's brain power and leaves him absent minded at times and anti-social at best.

Toad's overall appearance and smell are off putting for most people. While the color of his skin can be hidden by a hoodie and the odor can be handled with regular bathing, the uncontrolable croaks and ribbits that invade his speech are undisguisible. His bad experiences with public appearances has led him to be some what of a hermit.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
Toad has a disfunctional father/son relationship with Magneto which leads him to tell anyone he knows that he had 'daddy issues' even though he was never adopted. Although she is technically older than he is, he considers Binary his 'lil sis' because he usually is the one explain 'life' to her from his vast experience. Even if she refutes his advice with the internet, he still protects her like a big brother.

He has a working relationship with all of the Brotherhood even if many find him annoying enough to want to bite, kick, or lock in a metal box for a month. Seriously, he took all of the cameras out of Chloe's bedroom, really. Cross his heart.

What are your short and long term goals for your character?  
In the short term, I would like Toad to prove that he is more of an asset rather than an ass. He and Magneto don't always get along, but Toad wants to be a good job and is working at becoming a soldier. I would like him to thread with all of the Brotherhood members and try to establish a relationship with all of them.

Long term, I would like to see Toad invent a device that would let him look human so he could get a taste of the human life and find out it's not all it's cracked up to be. Being part of the Brotherhood isn't so bad, but I gotta find him a babe other than internet crushes.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see?  Or see for your character?
I am always up for any kind of thread that explores Toad's social inexperience,and through RP, I would like to turn him into a badass fighter. The more tussles he gets in the better.

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
I avoid mirrors. I don't have any in my room, and tend not to look into them when i don't have to. Rideep You grow up looking like a frog on steroids and the attraction of mirrors quickly looses its charm. I don't really need to see a mirror to know that I am a hunched over, have green skinned, and have to bathe every day, sometimes twice a day due to the sticky mess my skin becomes. If I hadn't lived with it all my life, I'd flinch too. Hence my hatred of mirrors. Who needs the reminder, right? Croak..

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear clubbing? Sunday in front of the TV?
Clothes? Really? You have a giant anphibian sitting in front of you, and you want to talk about clothes? There's some priorities for ya. Ok, I like to wear cargo pants because it gives me plenty of room to carry my gadgets. I wear a lot of wool shirts because they tend to stay warm even if they get a bit...slimy. I don't usually wear boots or gloves although, I do have multiple pairs of both that have been…modified leaving my palms and feet exposed for when it is really cold.

Clubbing? Ridip croak. Just once I would love to try it, but it is hard to get your groove on when you are leaving a trail of gelatinous goo behind you. Tends to turn most women off. Yeah, I see a lot of the look that is on your face right now. I tend to 'sweat' a lot when I am in public. It's a nervous reaction.

Why would Sundays be any different than any other day. "The cause doesn't take days off, Toad!" The Metal Monstrosity needs his shipyard guarded at all times. Shit, I wasn't suppose to say anything about the ship. If you say anything to anyone about that, you will never know when I am going to show up at your home and fu.....Crooooak....uuuck, I don't want the box again. Just don't do it!

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry? Turned on?
Happy? Um, well, I'll come back to that one. Angry, that's easy. I hate being dismissed because the way I look or sound. Ridip Just because I look like a monster frog....Crooooooak and make sounds when I talk doesn't mean I am an idiot. I make great things, and then nobody makes fun of me. Don't treat me like I a fucking pion either! I am a valuable member of the group even if I do ooze slime here and there. Oh, and I was thinking about an invention. I didn't abandon my team and I certainly didn't belong....Riiiidip....in a box! For a month!

Turned on? Now we are getting some where with this interview! Let me tell ya, there is this gal I talk to on the internet, and man, what she can do with slime. I am in heaven! Do you know what a fetish is? Well, Binary looked it up for me and evidently, Cammy, the gal online, has one. It has to do with slime, and she makes it look....ribbit ribbit....hot! I am an ass man, and when she pours that stuff......what? You never said there were time constraints on this interview, and you finally asked a good question. Ok, got it. Sad, moving on to sad.

I guess I don't get sad much. I don't like being in little places. I guess, I was sad when that happened. It didn't have to be for a month. A day or two would have worked. There? Now can we go back to happy and turned on? Why aren't we going to talk about it some more? Wait, is that because it started to turn you on? Are you a slimer? If you are, we could trade email......what? Right, ok, time constraints. Moving on.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
Oh this one is easy. I didn't have parents, my childhood was spent rejected by foster home after foster home, and for the record, I was not a bed wetter. This shit gets all over the place. What kind of idiot mistakes it for pee? It's thick and slimy for fucksake. I'd bust a damn nut trying to piss this stuff! What? Ok, ok, time constraints. I get it. Long story short, I didn't have much of a life, productive or not until the Master of Metal found me. He's a hard bast...man to please some times, but he keeps me around, ya know. I kinda have to respect that.....sometimes. Binary, now she is like a sister to me. She can be annoying, but she always mean's well. I don't think Bucket Head knows it, but she was the only one who kept me company when I was in the box. I'd do anything for her just for that. I think she pretty much saved my life. I can't fucking stand show tunes any more, but I can't blame her. She went with what she knew.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
I was born this way, baby. Life didn't cut me one ounce of slack. I came out of the womb ready to bounce. I put up with all the crap all the way through middle school until I gave up and hit the streets. RibitRibit There are a lot of opportunities for someone with my skills that never presented themselves while I was getting shoved into lockers and fighting for my life in school. What do they call that? The school of hard knocks? I had it rough for a few years fighting for my own little piece of the American dream. I had my own little piece of a shithole down by the docks, but I can’t say I was completely happy because I was pretty ready to jump when The Mighty Metallic Wonder showed up and said I should come work for him.

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
Not a good time for the Brotherhood that was for sure. We were pretty much the shit before the Riots happened. We were kicking ass and taking names, and would have swept the Alcatraz Island free of humans and the X-men if they hadn’t gotten a lucky shot in on The Metal Maniac. Crooooak. It just went downhill from there. Binary and I we kept things running, but it wasn’t the same, ya know? Sabes, he just went nuts and started killing humans all over the place and the siblings Maxinoff bugged out. I still don’t know where they are. Those were some desperate nights laying low and hoping Binary and I could find some sort of mutant group. Well, anyone by the X-pussies. Rideep Shit, being part of that group would be one step above being dead.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
Brotherhood all the way, baby! We are back and we are gaining momentum. We picked up Chloe, and she is ….. a fiiiiine addition to the group. The Purple Cape is back in business and that means some big shit is going to happen soon! Ridip I expect new recruits any day, and I keep hoping for gal who’s a slimer to find me and worship me in only the dirtiest way possible! Crooooak I could really get into…..What? Really, we are going with the time constraints again? Who didn’t schedule enough time for my interview? I want to take to a….fine, but don’t think this is over. I will talk to your boss.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
I live on the shi…itties little place on Earth. I mean, it’s not much now, but I am sure as the Brotherhood gains fame, I will be in a penthouse soon with babes and all the finest things. Caviar. Rideep. Have you had that stuff? I would eat it breakfast lunch and dinner! Bills? Listen, a person in my position, doesn’t pay bills. I have them paid for me, and I pity the idiot who brings them to my attention! Move along.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
Well, this gal, Cammy and I have been talking back and forth on the internet, and I have sent her a couple of samples of my slime. Ribbit Ribbit She’s into me big time, and we have exchanged some emails that make me want to bark and slap my…..Are you kidding me? Croak Croak. The time constraints again? I am beginning to think you don’t want to know anything about me. You don’t want to know what really makes Toad tick, you want to know about all the superficial things. Rideep. Is that what this interview is? I’m leaving. No. Don’t try to stop me. You are insulting. I won’t sit here and take it any more. Goodbye!

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
Crooooooak I am sorry for my behavior, and I promise to answer your questions without any further outbursts about my Ridip deviant behaviors that would embarrass myself, my fellow Brotherhood members, all other mutants and especially my esteemed leader Magneto Rideep Rideep the Master of Metal.

I make things. I can take twisted wires and broken down stuff and make them do things.

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
I promise to answer your questions without any further outbursts about my deviant behave…..Besides that? Pretzel M&Ms I like the taste of salty and sweet.

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
Rideep

PM
^
Root
 Posted: Nov 17 2013, 08:58 AM
N/A

3095 angst

Oatu
531 posts
N/A years

Thank you for your application! It could take us up to 48 hours to review the app and get back to you. In instances where we need a third day, you will be notified by an admin.
PMEmail
^
Madi
 Posted: Nov 22 2013, 12:26 PM

angst

N/A posts
years
N/A

Congratulations!! Welcome to BMF! Please don't forget to fill out your Face Claims, Plotter, and Who's who! Have fun!
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0