-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply

Howlett, James | 181, Wolverine | Hugh Jackman
James "Logan" Howlett
 Posted: Jun 25 2013, 11:36 AM
Wolverine

5 angst

N/A
-1 posts
N/A years

James Howlett

JAMES HOWLETT
"WOLVERINE"
The Dark Hunter Series, The Chronicles of Nick, Howl's Moving Castle, Xmen the nineties cartoon, Marvel Movies

timezoneCENTRAL
experience12+ years
Activity2/day
Admin?ADMIN
canon/ocCANON
face claimHugh Jackman

▽ Player Interview ▽

What is your character’s super power?

Logan was born with a regenerative healing factor which not only increased his immunity to sickness and disease, but also increased his metabolism. Such healing factor allows him to feel pain but recover quickly from it, his body working at super human speed to repair the damage. It is due to this healing factor that has ensured Logan's survival when his adamantium skeleton was put into his body. Not only did it ensure his recovery from the invasive procedure, it also works constantly tonight off the poisons the metal emits into Logan's Body.

Enhanced senses- Logan's sense of hearing, smell, taste, and sight are all enhanced by his mutation. They are similar to an animal's senses, sharp and sensitive. It makes sneaking up on him prove to be harder than sneaking up on someone who didn't have these advantages. If he wasn't able to smell a new scent approaching, he would easily see, or hear an approaching being.

Delayed aging- With his high metabolism and healing factor, it takes Logan longer than the average human to age. Currently he looks as if the age of 40 but is well past his one hundredth year of living, though he is not aware of just how old he actually is.

Bone claws- Logan's skeletal structure has three claws that retract from his knuckles. Coated in adamantium, they are nearly indestructible and are used for clearing pathways, cutting, slicing into enemies, climbing buildings or trees, or damaging mechanisms.

What are the drawbacks to their power? Or what other powers may affect it?

If looking for fragments of lost memory, it is hard to get into Logan's head to retrieve the information one is looking for. Also, any mutant that is able to control metals or alloys such as Magneto, could be ale to manipulate Logan, as his skeletal structure is coated in adamantium. Though he has a healing factor, to pull the metal from his bones would prove to be nearly fatal, and cause permanent mental and emotional trauma.

With Logan's skeleton coated in adamantium, Logan is sturdy like a brick wall but also quite heavy, making him not as agile as one would hope for combat.

Were Logan to ever need painkillers, it would be nearly impossible to sedate any pain due to his high metabolism and his healing factor.

How do you see your character fitting into the site plot?

Not one to be tied down to one place for long, Logan's got more than one reason to be at the X-Mansion. After witnessing the horrors of mutant discrimination, Logan can't vow his loyalty to Charles Xavier's mission statement. He can, however, act as the muscle for the house and school and even be a the trainer for the physical education department and provide training to future X-Men candidates. He will be a patron for tough love and whip the kids and some of the other X-Men into shape, enforcing military exercising and boot camp like regimens and be strict on meal plans. Though not a member of the X-Men, Logan still has his loyalties it's certain members of the team and will fight along side of them to keep them safe and out of harms way.

What other characters on the site does your character know or would interact with?

Logan is familiar with the Sheltie known as Eve simply because of his friend, Marie. Kurt is also a familiar from the older days where things were simpler. His social circle consists of those living in the X Mansion, even Remy LeBeau who seems to have his eye on one of the ladies of Logan's life.

What are your short and long term goals for your character?

Logan is a hard ass. Over time, he needs to learn to laugh and smile more, and it won't be hard with the students constantly goofing around in the house. He needs to accept that innocence is ok right now, as long as the kids know how to protect themselves when the time comes. Long term, I want Logan to eventually join the ranks of the team instead of just seeing to their training. He needs to accept moral responsibility and see that just because humanity turned their backs on mutants, mutants don't necessarily have to turn their backs on humanity. I also want to see Logan hold his moral ground when presented with an opportunity to do something he wants to do but knows is against the X-Men's code of ethics.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?

Logan has just vowed to stick with the X-Men for as long as possible and I want that to be tested thoroughly. I want him to not question the bonds he has and make staying at the house with his team a must. For the site in general, I want to see aggressors make characters evolve. Some characters may start out very sweet and tame, and I want to see the fight in those characters.

▽ IC Interview ▽

Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?

Hm....well, I hear the kids around her call me Captain Hardass or Senior Claws.

-SNIKT-

These claws aren't the only basis for intimidation. I know I'm only five foot seven but I'm a sturdy one. Unless you're Piotr, you're not getting through me easily. And and the hair, it's pretty wild. Dark brown, not quite black. Brown eyes that can see right through you if you're lying to me, so if you're a student, I wouldn't even try it unless you want extra training sessions in The danger room.

What is your favorite clothes? What do you wear clubbing? Sunday in front of the TV?

Let's see...jeans and a shirt. I radiate heat so tank tops are the best. That and it's fun to intimidate the punks with muscle. I do like my leather jacket though and I have to wear it when I'm borrowing bikes from the garage. I'm not real fond of that leather uniform though, it's too tight and form fitting but I guess it gives the team a certain badass and don't mess with us look. Can't complain I suppose. Clubbing, I don't go clubbing. Marie does that and I can't see why. It's loud as balls and all the flashing lights hurt my sensitive eyes. You don't exactly pick up nice scents at places like that either. -grunts- Sunday is for catching up on workouts. The week gets busy with teaching so I like to consider my Sunday best as a t-shirt and running pants.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry? Turned on?

Happy, seeing the kids all get along in the mansion. I don't remember my childhood so seeing theirs be prosperous and happy makes up for the memories I've lost. It's good to see mutant kids not being abused or hated on. It's good to see them in a safe environment where they can have their growing pains around people who will support them and not judge them.

Sad...it makes me sad that it took me this long to actually come back and decide to stick around. I took for granted the people who I said I would always protect and I let them turn their backs on their family so I could turn my back on them too.

The thought of that thug Magneto coming in here and trying to break up this family again really gets me going. I know he has his agenda, but I really wish he would keep the kids out of it.

Turned on...a good sassy woman who isn't afraid to all back. Confident and in her own identity. Someone who smells nice too...

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?

Can't really say that much about my family since I don't remember them. Heh, not trying to hide anything. I actually lost a couple of memories and so far, no matter how I try, they just don't want to come home. Besides, I have all the family I need right here and I wouldn't trade them for nothin'.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?

I don't remember when I got my abilities, again with that memory loss but I have to say you're an idiot for asking that question. Of course it changed my life. Let me ask you this, Bub, if you had retractable bone claws coming out of your knuckles, you tell me how life changing it would be. I was probably a kid and terrified. I'm sure my parents feared me. Somehow I ended up where I ended up though.

What happened to you during the Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?

Nothing happened to me during the riots. In case you didn't notice, I'm a brick wall. I did see a lot of suffering though. History will always pin point a target to put a bulls-eye on and in this generation, it seems mutants were the unlucky ones to be nominated. I don't think I come off as a mutant easily and if I did, I'm sure your average Joe Schmo wouldn't want to confront someone like me about being a mutant. Hehe.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?

Erm....yes and no. I train the X-Men. I might be affiliated with them, but I won't fight to protect humans. While I live at the mansion, that doesn't make me a part of the team. If they fight on a mission that I believe in, count me in as extra muscle. But for now, I train the kids, educate physically, and keep Kurt and Marie from using the danger room as a toy.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?

I live in a mansion. And though people say I don't pay for anything, I'd call them a liar. Not having cold beers is the price you pay for living at a mutant prep school. That and they took my cigars.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?

No, no relationship. Just the two ladies of my life, Marie and Jean. Jean's one of those women who's strangely strong but real delicate, I've never known that in my life and it's nice to admire that, even if I have to do it from a far.

Outside of your abilities, what are you good at? What can you brag about?

Bad question but since you asked, I'm going to talk forever.

I'm good at shooting, swords, aiming. Hand to hand combat is best though. Using my hands and the blades that I was born with. I would say in battle, I have excellent tactics and being that no one wants to face me one on one in the danger room speaks for my abilities. Being on the road so much also made me learn a couple things about engine repair and maintenance. In time, I hope to make one changes to the jet and maybe even upgrade some of the bikes in the garage for the team to use on covert missions.

Extensive knowledge on different types of weapons and how to wield them though I prefer using my bare hands.

I also traveled the world so I know a couple of languages. Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, Cheyenne, Lakota, Russian...not that I mean to brag...

And extensive knowledge on those cultures as I've spent enough time sticking around to learn their languages and pick up their customs.

....Oh and I'm real good at being an asshole. If I don't like you, you'll know it. There's nothing about me that dances around the disliking of someone. Take Gumbo for example. He knows I don't like him. He knows I disapprove of him hanging around Marie. And he knows he needs to keep his hands to himself or I might just use his hands to sharpen my claws. Did I mention I'm a master intimidator?

Everyone has vices, what are yours? Any guilty pleasures?

I stash the beer behind my night stand...and the cigars...and I enjoy breaking up secret sleepovers in the mansion.

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?

I did an interview with you on the terms you didn't share it anyone else and if anyone asks me any deails in this interview, I'll deny it to my dying day, and who are the kids gonna believe...you? Or a guy who's like a hulking wall that can take down theirs?

...Any questions?...No? Good.

Provide an RP involving your character or write an original piece involving your character.

http://xfromtheashes.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=414

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Eve
 Posted: Dec 23 2015, 02:41 PM
Plot Goddess

1285 angst

Ebe
254 posts
Older than my teeth... years

Wolverine:

Logan has been on the site for a long, long time with multiple writers sustaining the character. He’s been in a lot of BMF situations, plots, and threads.

He is basically Marie’s surrogate father. Or at least, the Marie he knew, who was a clone of the original young woman he met and knew from the movies. What their relationship will look like moving forward remains to be seen.

Logan met X-23 in the woods outside of the mansion. Triggered by Logan’s scent, Laura viciously attacked Logan, and he ended up having to incapacitate her. After realizing Remy had been looking after Laura (then going by Ford), Logan called the Cajun and the two had it out, though Logan eventually allowed Remy to remove Laura from the school. Eventually, the ferals mended their turbulent relationship, and Logan and Remy became friends.

During And Then There Were None, Logan lost his healing factor and was affected by the adamantium fused to his skeleton in the form of heavy metal poisoning. He nearly died, and during his ‘final hours’ he made peace with all of his loved ones. And even a few he didn’t love so much.

Logan Howlett is uncle to Winter Delacroix by way of his brother, Victor Creed. Before the rather ripping story of And Then There Were None, on Valentine’s Day, he married Neena Thurman, and they in turn adopted Elhana Ward (making her Elhana Thurman). The trio made a great family. Eli took after her headstrong parents, even standing up to Victor, making Logan swell with pride, but she was severely injured in the attack on Xavier’s that demolished the school in July, and eventually Logan and Neena decided to take her off life support. After that hardship and tragedy, the couple retreated to the woods until Ororo recently requested them to return to the newly rebuilt school. Logan hasn’t entirely returned to civilization, instead attempting to balance his need for solace and solitude with his loyalty and dedication to the school that is his home and family.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0