-->
SPOTLIGHT WRITER: ALIA

Characters: Jenny Thomas, Anna Wallace, Gina Lutz, Kaida Takadai, Jackson Street, Melody Guthrie and Kitty Pryde

Thread that best shows off your writing: Training? and Jinxed.

Writing strengths? Quick responses with meat (so not just a few words). Digging into characters motivations a bit.

What are you working on as a writer? Making my posts longer, using different words and really trying to find ways of digging in further to the characters psyche.

What were the biggest influences to your writing? Heinlein, Lucas, Herbert, JMS, Whedon.

Favorite X-men storyline/comic/artist/series? Storyline: Reaching way way back is probably the inital Brood one or the original Dark Phoenix. Single issue comic: Uncanny X-Men 303; it was the first one that I ever picked up. Artists: Oh god, The Kurbert brothers (Andy and Adam); Silvestri; Madureira; Cockrim; Byrne; Lee (I keep telling you all I have problems choosing!). Series: Original New Mutants and Generation X. Uncanny comes in third just because it's the original.

What drew you to BMF? KEL! We had a game together that died and I told her I missed gaming with her so she sent me this site.

What is your favorite aspect of BMF? The community. The fact that people work together to create plots and interconnected characters. That ideas aren't just 'no' but willing to be worked with. And the unique application.

Where would you like to see BMF go in the future? Anywhere it can. More plots. More posts. To grow and get bigger and take over the world...

In Character Posting Dates: March 1, 2015 - May 15, 2015

Add Reply

Raven Darkholme - ??, Mystique | Rebecca Romijn
Raven Darkholme
 Posted: Feb 1 2014, 12:43 AM
Mystique

8 angst

Dee
83 posts
?? years

Raven Darkholme
Player Info
Player Alias: Dee
Activity Level: 1-3 posts a day.
RP Experience: Almost two decades
Top 3 Authors: Laurel K Hamilton, Anne Rice, Anne Bishop.
Top 3 Bands: Nine Inch Nails, Bullet for my Valentine, Marilyn Manson.
Top 3 Movies: Tank Girl, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Rocky Horror Picture Show
Mod Interest: Unsure
Character Info
Faction: Brotherhood Independent
Codename: Mystique
Face Claim: Jennifer Lawrence

Eyes & Hair: True: Yellow eyes, Blood Red hair… Assumed: Blue eyes, Blonde Hair
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 130lbs
Scars, Marks or Tats: True: Blue and slightly scaly skin, scarred with three cut like marks upon stomach that she keeps hidden for the most part.

PLAYER INTERVIEW -
- Your views on your character.
What is your character’s super power?
METAMORPH
Mystique’s first and most well-known mutation is her natural blue skin and yellow eyes. Though alongside her strange natural appearance she is a metamorph shape-shifter with the ability to psionically shift the formation of her biological cells at will to change herself completely; thereby allowing her to assume the form of other people or humanoid creatures/shapes. This includes altering her mass, scent, and creating genetic enhancements such as claws, wings, tail, gills to breath under water, etc. etc. In addition to morphing her shape, Raven’s body is not limited to purely organic appearances: she has the ability to create the appearance of clothing and other materials out of her own body. For example; items such as eye glasses, knives, identity cards, and complex jewelry can be formed from her very cells.

One of the most recent mutations to her shape-shifting ability, coming slowly after being in the radiation of Magneto’s machine to change humans, Mystiques is also able to alter her physical traits a bit more to better suite what she needs… such as camouflaging herself to her surroundings like a chameleon, making pockets in her own skin to store real items, and changing her eyes to give her night vision. Even hardening her skin for more resistance to blows.

ACCELERATED HEALING
Changing her shape also allows her the ability of accelerated healing which lets her flesh, bones, and organs heal quicker when damaged; the power to duplicate her organs as well as moving them out of the way when shot or stabbed; and the ability to purge poisons and pathogens from her body.

ENHANCED ATTRIBUTES & AGELESSNESS
Because of her metamorphing ability, Mystique is able to continuously alter and revitalize her body’s cells to keep her at peak physical condition and always in a youthful appearance... practically giving her enhanced physical attributes as well as making her ageless.

What are the drawbacks or limitations to the power? Or what other powers may affect it?
METAMORPH
Keeping an altered shape takes a bit of concentration that is not iron clad and that can be broken. Though she has had years to master the art of constantly keeping a part of her mind on the shape she is in, Mystique can still lose that concentration under extreme stress, fatigue, or pain… causing her to revert back to her natural blue appearance. And even though she is able to keep her altered shape when going into a self-induced sleep, meaning a natural sleep of her own accord, she will still revert back to normal if a dream mentally stresses her psyche. If she is knocked unconscious by either drug or a hard blow, or even another mutant’s power, she will revert back to her normal appearance as well. And while she can mimic another’s physical appearance and traits, she cannot copy abilities that do not come alongside physical mutations.

ACCELERATED HEALING & AGELESSNESS
Having accelerated healing as well as being ageless due to her metamorphing abilities does not make her completely immortal. Her body is much like a well working and protected machine, if the main engines are taken out than the machine stops working. In Mystique’s case; if she is to receive damage enough to her brain like a gunshot, or have her head completely severed, there is no coming back and she will die. This also goes for her heart if one is lucky enough to hit it.

ENHANCED ATTRIBUTES
While possessing enhanced physical attributes, this does not make her on the level of superhuman physical attributes. Because of her shape-shifting cells, she is able to keep herself at just above peak normal condition and alter body to give her these enhancements. But in no way is she as strong as Captain America or as fast as Quicksilver.

What other characters on the site does your character know or interact with?
With once being in the Brotherhood before unfortunate events that led to her being shot with the cure, having used herself as a shield to protect Erik Lehnsherr, she has many levels of past relationships with once comrades… ranging from romantic flings to uneasy standings in the now. Even within the X-Men after having worked alongside and against them in the past, there are those she still holds in kind regards as well as those she will always dislike. Though, when it comes to past romances, she has those that strike more memory then others: Such as Victor Creed, Azazel, and Christian Frost… these romances resulting in her children Winter Delacroix, Graydon Creed, Kurt Wagner, and Venessa Seif being born. And while she has never been the best of mothers in the world, having abandoned and shunned the first three for the majority of their life, and even having her forth taken from her, Mystique has been rethinking her motherly approach ever since her powers had returned to her. Yet, she is unsure on how to even begin on mending bonds never formed before or once ripped from grasp.

What are your short and long term goals for your character?
First I would like to reform bonds that she once had and get a feel on where things had left off. Kind of rebuild her and see where she goes from there. I also want to show that she does have a heart and isn’t always a cold blooded killer… even if she still has no issues on taking a life still.

What kind of plot/s would you like to see? Or see for your character?
I’m looking to see how she does on her own and build her as an independent force to be reckoned with; kind of like how she got to be in the comics and kind of like they showed a bit when on her own in Days of Future’s Past. Get a good hold and feel on her before I decide on if she wants to join the Brotherhood again or be recruited by another faction. Always did enjoy that she worked with many so I’m approachable for open recruitments and will always be willing to throw her into plots people have rolling in their head. I would also like to explore and see how her and those of her past will do now with current events in play. Such as testing the waters on how Erik would react to her being back and in full mutation again for the past decade; Victor also knowing that she’s back while he has his wife; seeing how emotions are between Azazel and Mystique since things never were resolved between them; as well as looking for her daughter Vanessa who was taken from her after the events of saving Erik and becoming human for a short time.

CHARACTER INTERVIEW -
- In character interview questions.
Standing in front of a mirror, what do you see? What do you like and dislike about what you see?
I see a woman that has survived many long years filled with the good and the bad. A strong woman, with scarlet hair that females envy while trying to get with dyes that always fade unlike my own. With amber eyes bright and unlike any others, and bone structure that frames in accenting my eyes. And in a beautiful contrast to those warm colors, my skin is a striking royal blue in color with patches of scales to give fingers a unique texture to enjoy. Once I didn’t believe this, but I had realized years ago that I was exotic and a rare creature unlike all those normal humans. Even if I assume the appearance of one of them, I know my own natural beauty and picturesque form is that to rival other exotic woman. Though, thanks to Logan, I do have three scars I am forced to hide due to it marring my lovely flesh.

What are your favorite clothes? What do you wear for a special night out? Relaxing on Sunday?
Well, I don’t really wear clothing for the most part since I’m able to make it appear upon myself. But the style I like to go with changes to the appearance I wish to take for the day. Though, in my natural form I tend to wear either a white dress or leather pants and top… if I decide to wear anything at all.

What makes you happy? Sad? Angry?
What makes me happy? There are many things that actually make me happy; whether they are complex in nature or simple entertainment that just makes me smile. A good fight can make me happy, with either being in one or just watching it on the sideline. A good con and making of money makes me pleased, while the smell of jasmine makes me smile. But what I enjoy most is being free and doing what I please. I never did much like being locked up or being chained up. Humans want to do nothing but condemn or kill my kind, and those that say they don’t are only lying to themselves. Deep down they fear us and they fear what we can do. It is always proven when they are faced with a dangerous mutant like myself. I hate that I have to pretend to be like them even though I do it to survive. Though, no matter how much I hate humans and those that equally hate my kind in return, I loathe the sting of betrayal or feeling as if my heart is breaking. I hate feeling disheartened, having a wound within that becomes harder to mend, so I have found myself often avoiding the chance of feeling sad emotions. Yet, no matter what I do to try and keep it all locked away, I find myself still struck by it every now and then. Because while I may be angry about what happened to me, I feel wound upon heart more than I do upon my pride when thoughts wonder to such topics. After all, I’m not completely heartless and do care for others.

Were you raised by your family? Was it a productive relationship?
No, I was not raised by my own family and never got to experience a loving mother or father. In fact, my own parents had tried to kills me so I never saw them again. As far as I care they are dead to the world and have no meaning to me. Charles had been my family after he had found me in his house, and with him I didn’t have to live on the streets. He let me stay in his home, to call it my own, and we grew up as if we were each other’s only family when we were children. He was like a brother to me and I chose another over him after we had disagreed about humans and their views on us. And even though I agreed with Erik that all humans would never change, I never wanted harm on Charles for believing they could. So to say I don’t miss him would be lying, even if we were not on the same side when he died.

When did you know you had abilities others didn't? Did it change your life?
I was barely old enough to remember in detail what happened and how it happened. One day I was a normal child, the next I was blue with different eyes and hair. It frightened my parents and in result the tried to kill me. Since then it did indeed change my life and caused me to learn quickly how to use my ability in order to survive.

Where were you and what were you doing during the Race Riots? Have you experienced any other anti-mutant behavior?
Unfortunately, I was human for the beginning of it and under governmental lockdown… having been given a choice on either sitting and rotting in jail or giving up what I knew about the Brotherhood’s plans. So with having been betrayed I went with option two and gave them just enough to get my makeshift freedom; after all I had a daughter I needed to get back to with having been gone for so long. Of course, part of me couldn’t find myself giving up everything about the Brotherhood because of still having a sense of loyalty to the others and not just Erik. Besides I hear he had gotten hit with the cure in the end anyhow, so he kind of got what was coming and experience having what he was taken from him. Regrettably in part of the agreement, I had to go under their watch. Yet with the skills I still possessed I was able to slip from their grasp and found a way to get a fake ID and new identity in order to hide as well as get back to the home I had kept secret even from Erik. When I got there though, I found my daughter had been taken which had left my house is a horrible state. I tried to find my daughter, having been the only one I had actually tried to raise, but even after my abilities returned to me I found myself hitting nothing but dead ends. But with getting back my full mutation, I was once again finding self at the end of anti-mutants hatred and in the little war between the species. Even after the UPC was formed and forcing fights to end, I still find myself a target of hatred because of my past actions as well as holding grudges myself.

Are you still towing the line alone, or do you hang out with a group of mutants? Why did you pick them?
After what happened a decade ago I have been flying solo, doing a few jobs here and there and working on my own terms. Giving my loyalty had taken my life from me that I’m still trying to get back together. Though with the government moving to police us I’m thinking it’s time to at least find somebody I can to turn towards if needing help. I don’t believe in having to register myself and would rather go back to the Brotherhood if it meant keeping my freedom.

What is your current living situation? How do you pay the bills?
Despite not having an official job, keeping myself under the radar and not letting anybody know where I’ve been, I currently live quite nicely in one luxury hotel after another within downtown New York since showing back up in the states. Of course it’s off stolen money, and stolen identities, but how do they know when I can even pull off the look of money.

Are you in a relationship? If not, is there someone you would like to be?
Currently, no I’m in no such ties to another. In fact, it has been years since I’ve formed such a bond with another and tend to shy away from doing such. Those that I had felt for had come and gone, and being betrayed by one I thought shared at least equal liking puts a bad taste in one’s mouth when it comes to romance. Though, I still find myself on wondering what if when it comes to Azazel as of late. The heart is a terrible thing and I feel that it will just continue to damage the soul if I even try a relationship again… especially after what I have lost.

Setting your abilities aside, what are you good at? What can you brag about?
Even when I didn’t have my ability I was still a jack-of-trades and able to con and steal what I needed… because while I was a weak human I was still a survivor and able to use my skills of acting, fighting, thieving, and staying hidden to keep out of the government’s eyes. After all, being able to assume a person’s appearance can only go so far if you can’t pull off actually being them personality and skill wise.

Everyone has vices or guilty pleasures, what are yours?
Living in luxury one could say is my guilty pleasure. I never did enjoy living on the streets or scrambling to find something to eat by breaking into another’s house. Hotel jumping offers the chance to live like a rich person while racking up somebody else’s bill. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with slumming it either and I enjoy going to a bar in the wrong parts of town… perhaps a reason why I found myself finding Victor entertaining to be with every now and then.

Ok, last chance! What should we know about you?
People call me a bad person, admittedly because of doing bad things in the past, but I do things for a reason. I at least tried to make sure some of my children lived a better life then being with me in abandoning them. I’ve killed to protect and I’ve killed out of revenge… and I won’t change that part of me either. Yet I realize I need to fix some things that I have done, even if I rarely regret any of my choices even if they led to being betrayed by one I cared for. And even though I have yet to find my youngest daughter, I’ve been still searching for any sigh or speck that could lead to finding her once more. Perhaps what had happened to me, having the life I had known ripped away from me, has made me open eyes and seek a new way of doing things.

PM
^
Kel
 Posted: Mar 16 2016, 02:05 AM
All the Threads! /o/

494 angst

Kel
112 posts
^_^ years

user posted image
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Affiliates

Skin altered for BMF by Ceri aka fairytale of SHINE and CAUTION 2.0